Seas/Nemo Jellyfish and Interior Update

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
First pic, others to come shortly...

The columns at the stairs leading up to the observation level, now sport jellyfish...

(photos back up shortly - Merf has to watermark :) )

Tada - with da "merfmark!" (tm)

jelly1.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
New mural psuedo-mosaic over Turtle Talk's entrance. It's like a print, but on a textured material, so it's also sort of like a mosaic. It's very interesting.

Here it is "as photographed"

turtle1.jpg

Then digitally made easier to see...

turtle2.jpg

Then zoomed in for detail...

turtle3.jpg

More shortly..

Shaman

Wow...this is getting bad. In my opinion they have totally destroyed this pavilion.

Well I personally wouldn't go as far as to say they've destroyed the pavilion...but I question the additions....and things were going so well....

*shrug*

Thanks merf!

wannab@dis

Wow...this is getting bad. In my opinion they have totally destroyed this pavilion.
Quite honestly, I just can't understand that view...

How can they destroy something that had already died a slow and agonizing death? The pavilion was NOT popular among the guests and prior to the addition of Turtle Talk was a ghost town at best.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The psuedo-mosaic over Bruce's area..

bruce1.jpg

And then a nice short showing off how the Jellyfish work in the whole big scheme of things...

bruce2.jpg

And then a shot from the second floor looking toward Turtle Talk and it's mosaic thingy..

bruce3.jpg

From here on out, it's a matter of what's salvageable from my poor photography skills (it's hard to get photos in there because it's so dark and so big) but i do also have some exterior pics too. Lemme see what i can photoshop into health.

Shaman

From here on out, it's a matter of what's salvageable from my poor photography skills (it's hard to get photos in there because it's so dark and so big) but i do also have some exterior pics too. Lemme see what i can photoshop into health.

No worries. What camera do you use?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I saw these yesterday. I like the design. Plus, the little designs behind the jellyfish are probably ripe with hidden Mickeys.

That's my problem. I never know what to take pictures of since I don't have that good of memory on what's been reported already. It could be new or just new to me. I should just leave it to the experts ---> Merf.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Phew.. Thus concludes the "add my name to everything franticly" portion of the show.. Now back to making pictures pretty.

Btw, they moved one of the interior rehab walls out a little bit - the one where the bypass of the preshow film used to exit into the store. Its "roof" is now a black curtain. I wonder what that area will be now..

brkgnews

Not that bad. Certainly much better than the "non-detailed blue expanse of pain" that was what the interior originally looked like after the first painting.

I still miss Seabase Alpha, but if it had to go, then this is acceptable and, dare I say, actually kind of attractive.

CTXRover

The new prints/mosaics appear to match the new mural on the outside of the pavilion. Similar wave pattern and stylized representations of the characters. It looks nice. Very different look than the old seabase alpha theme though.

I look forward to the time when everything is finished and we can get a sense of how everything flows together.

Thanks for the pics!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
No worries. What camera do you use?

Kodak EasyShare DX7440 Digital Camera - Moderately priced digital camera, in 2004 *shrug* So it's a little out dated.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DX7440/DX74A.HTM

Like the rest of Kodak's EasyShare line, the DX7440 boasts a simple-to-understand user interface that keeps the fun in point-and-shoot digital photography. The DX7440's range of exposure modes is perfect for all experience levels though, combining optional advanced exposure modes with the ease of use that's made the EasyShare line so popular with consumers. The DX7440's versatile setup is a good option for kids or novice users who want to quickly learn more about photography, while more experienced users will enjoy the compact size and flexible controls. The combination of fully automatic controls with more advanced options makes the DX7440 a good camera for users looking for a camera that's easy to use, yet has advanced features that they can grow into as their skills develop.

SGT623

I have to say, I back the NEMOFACATION of this pavaillion 100%. It was very dead before this started and had almost no foot traffic. If it wasn't for Nemo, The Seas may have seen the wrecking ball.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The reason I asked is cause many of my photos come out a bit blurry cause of movement...but I use a Sony...

I was going to take pics of the exterior - I left my monopod at home :(

Figures eh? Hehe :)

Speaking of the exterior, one pic done...

outside1.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I was going to take pics of the exterior - I left my monopod at home :(

Figures eh? Hehe :)

Speaking of the exterior, one pic done...

outside1.jpg
wow.....

i thought nemo puked on LS before all of this... now i have to say that he projectile vomited on it. im not a big fan of the new exterior. i wish they hadnt put the figures up there. but alas, ill wait until they are completely done before in convinced i dont like it.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom