Sea Cabs and Nemo?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Cabs were still running Summer of 2001... I guess anyone who missed them in 2000 were just unlucky.

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
I was an unlucky person because they seem really cool. I have never gotten a chance to ride them, and if I have then I must have been to young to remember.

DisneyGal126

you know... I was suprised for as popular as Finding Nemo was with the public, I really didn't see much of Nemo and the gang! Don't get me wrong, I love the new thing infront of the livingt seas and I hear that the show with crush is great... but I would think there would be more Nemo stuff!!!

Pongo

I'm confused.

So there was leak in the seacab area and that's why they stopped the seacabs. Was water dripping onstage, or was it out of sight? was the water causing any damage?

And did they fix it? Or is water still seeping out of the living sea containment?

:veryconfu

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Given the companies recent track record, I`m more inclined to believe the story it was cheaper to shutter it than maintain it and have 3 CM`s working it...

Unless the `leak` nessecated (sp) some sort of framework spanning the track, I can`t see sea water being allowed to continually leak out. Surely a crack in the tank serious enough to close the ride would be serious enough to close the entire park for fear of a major breach.

Either way it is major bad show, but so is the state of WoL, UoE, SSE..

Speedbird

One possible reason could be that, seeing as they closed shortly after 9/11, would be that a small bomb in the tunnel would have enough force to shatter the tunnel and flood the ride, killing all inside.

Seems like a co-incidence to me, but I could be wrong.....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I did think that, but a small bomb anywhere in Seabase Alpha, the Resteraunt, or corporate lounge would do the same thing... and lets not even think of other attractions...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
marni1971 said:
I did think that, but a small bomb anywhere in Seabase Alpha, the Resteraunt, or corporate lounge would do the same thing... and lets not even think of other attractions...
it stinks (lack of a better word) that we have to fear this in a place like wdw or any other place like this from now on.

simply tragic...... what some sicko's would potentially do if given the chance

Pix E. Dust

jmaxwell007 said:
it stinks (lack of a better word) that we have to fear this in a place like wdw or any other place like this from now on.

simply tragic...... what some sicko's would potentially do if given the chance

Ok people. There was no bomb! Let's all calm down now and return to our regularly scheduled large giant tank full of water bursting thread. :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Pix E. Dust said:
Ok people. There was no bomb! Let's all calm down now and return to our regularly scheduled large giant tank full of water bursting thread. :eek:
oh im calm, obviously there was no bomb............. i just said what some sick person would potentially do if given the chance, you know, like a terrorist.

it stinks that we have to build stuff with that in the back of our mind

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
C`mon pongo, read subjects like this carefully.

Nothing happend. Hyperthetical. Horrible subject too, so to get back on thread, I too hope the Seacsbs open for Epcots 25th, with or without Nemo phase 3.

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Pix E. Dust said:

HAHA, actually the thread was about Nemo decals on the seacabs. It has since turned into bombs and leaks lol. Funny how much you miss when you do not check the board hourly. :lol:

jasonk

I did the Divequest tour on March 26, 2005. The sea cabs were clearly visible through the windows of the tunnel. There were no Nemo decals on the sea cabs that I saw.

Moustronaut

Pix E. Dust said:
Oooh...can you show us?
By popular request...

4316seacab_mar04-med.JPG

This was taken through a doorway in the temporary wall that a CM left open. The doorway is located in the old seacab loading area right before you walk into the giftshop/main entrance to Seabase Alpha. I think this is park of the return track back to the loading area. I took this in March of 2004. So at least one of the seacabs is still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom