sculpture on Theater in the Wild

imamouse

Please stop asking for pics. At least 15 different people have asked for pics in this thread, and if no one has posted them yet, then no one probably has them. When someone does have them, I'm sure they will post them.

On topic, I'm beginning to wonder if each time they change shows at Theater in the Wild they are going to do some construction. Obviously the next show might not be underwater themed and all that stuff would have to be removed. Just a thought, but I love what's being done right now.

It is typical for theatrical productions to theme the venue to match the show, however, that usually extends to interiors and anything that can easily be attached then removed from the exterior. It appears that WDW is kicking it up a notch to go so far as to sculpt the exterior of the show building. I am looking forward to seeing the show and the venue.

:brick: :brick:
im000995.jpg

imagineersrock

How can you think that far. Let us first see the show and then say if we want it to go. Hopefully it is good.
Maybe this is just how I read it, but I don't think he was being negative towards the Nemo show just saying that it will most likely come to a close eventually. I agree with him that the exterior (as of right now) looks great and like it could be used for any other show, not just Nemo.

Meeko

Maybe this is just how I read it, but I don't think he was being negative towards the Nemo show just saying that it will most likely come to a close eventually. I agree with him that the exterior (as of right now) looks great and like it could be used for any other show, not just Nemo.

First post :wave:

I don't think that was meant to be a negative comment either. I think they just meant that it can be used continually (cause really that building theming could have fit with the Tarzan show inside too). Is that brown part done though or are they painting the sculpted part another color? The brown seems to stand out harshly from the green/blue color.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Thank you for the photo!!! FINALLY!!!!

That is actuially not what I was expecting. But its cool, and Im sure the finished product will look great. :wave:

donaldfan

IMO, the shot looks like a portion of the wall that will have a queue (sp?) next to it. I think they will have some larger elements on the exterior to sort of camoflauge it.

imagineersrock

For anyone trying to figure out what that most recently added photo is showing, I don't think the person who posted this photo mentioned that it came from Mousetimes.com

...Check out the most recent WDW update on that site, which includes plenty more pictures, some of which give a much better idea of whats going on with that TitW construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom