Screamscape reporting new epcot attraction announcement

Alektronic

The pyro testing is just part of their Green initiative trying to find fireworks that are more environmentally friendly. And nothing more.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Well, I think there is more evidence suggesting an Imagination Pavilion update than anything else.

At this point, due to the lack of legitmate posts about any big attractions being announced for WDW, I really do doubt a big announcement.

In the past couple years, there have been few surprises, and most plans leaked well ahead of time.

In the past two years, there has been significant activity at the imagination pavilion (i'm not going to search, this is just from memory) where imagineers have been in and out many times. There have been many rumors of a complete redo, where both the attraction and the film (or at least the space for the film) would have a singular theme (or just be the same attraction).

I'm not suggesting this is true by any means, but, the original dreamfinder being in Cali certainly suggests a new Imagination ride could be on track. Anyway, they can only milk Captain E.O. for so long...

(Also, I'm still hoping the Monsters Inc Family Coaster is announced)

In my opinion, IllumiNations ROE is a great show. It shouldn't be replaced until a new show which creates such an emotional and entertaining appeal arrives. When we visit the World we stay at Beach Club and each night people line up on the bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk to watch the show.

People love this show not only for the fireworks but also for the story it tells and for the music.

lebeau

That swish of wind was the point going right over your head.
Look I flamed you again.
Please respond so you can make yourself look like an A hole again.

My first point was everyone on this board knows screamscape is not very reliable. Their is always a "Mr Obvious" who needs to point it out.
That's all nothing more.
Look I posted again. Wow!!!

RUMOR BOARD, RUMOR BOARD, RUMOR BOARD.
TO BE FAIR THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THE SITE. I SHOULD KNOW BETTER TO HAVE VERBAL EXCHANGE WITH ANYONE WHO POSTS TWICE A DAY ON A BOARD FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS.

Peace out yall!!!!!

Yeah, you're making me look bad. :rolleyes:

:wave: I really hope you're true to your word on that last promise, pal.

G00fyDad

Screamscape said:
Rumor - (8/18/11) I’m not entirely sure what it is, but ....

That's your first clue that this is BS.

Screamscape said:
Entertainment staff stayed on to perform some kind of late night ‘Fireworks Test’ over the lagoon. The official statements issued to the general staff, so they didn’t freak out about late night pyro, seems to indicate that they were just testing some new pyro.

Or they had a problem with the Pyro tanks for Illuminations and they were working on the valves and such then needed to run tests. :rolleyes:

hammysammy59

There have been many rumors of a complete redo, where both the attraction and the film (or at least the space for the film) would have a singular theme (or just be the same attraction).

I've got nothing against Captain EO or other 3D movies, but is it feasible that the theater space could be used for an extended version of the imagination ride? Is that even possible? That'd be pretty kick-______ to have a huge, awesome dark ride in Imagination.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I've got nothing against Captain EO or other 3D movies, but is it feasible that the theater space could be used for an extended version of the imagination ride? Is that even possible? That'd be pretty kick-______ to have a huge, awesome dark ride in Imagination.

Well, to put this in perspective, the imagineers did figure out a way to create a humungous underground tunnel within The Land and create a seperate space outside of The Land for an attraction within it...(I'm talking about Soarin')

In other words, it is definitely feasible.

Rob562

Well, to put this in perspective, the imagineers did figure out a way to create a humungous underground tunnel within The Land and create a seperate space outside of The Land for an attraction within it...(I'm talking about Soarin')

In other words, it is definitely feasible.

FYI, the Soarin queue isn't underground, it's at ground-level. Rememebr that you go uphill to enter the pavilion on the second floor... The Soarin hallway (at least the beginning of it) is at the same level as you are when you're standing down near the pond under the monorail beam.

-Rob

WeLComeHomE OKW

FYI, the Soarin queue isn't underground, it's at ground-level. Rememebr that you go uphill to enter the pavilion on the second floor... The Soarin hallway (at least the beginning of it) is at the same level as you are when you're standing down near the pond under the monorail beam.

-Rob

Hmmm...Actually, you're incorrect. You enter the Soarin' attraction on the first floor, but as the queue continues, it goes underground (and past the actual land building), into another area of the park. So, while it starts on the first floor, it does indeed go underground.

When the attraction was announced, Disney showed plans of the attractions and showed the underground tunnel. I would love to be proven wrong, but, I'm 95% sure that this is true.

SeaCastle

Hmmm...Actually, you're incorrect. You enter the Soarin' attraction on the first floor, but as the queue continues, it goes underground (and past the actual land building), into another area of the park. So, while it starts on the first floor, it does indeed go underground.

When the attraction was announced, Disney showed plans of the attractions and showed the underground tunnel. I would love to be proven wrong, but, I'm 95% sure that this is true.

Look on Google Maps for an aerial view of Future World West. The imagery shows very clearly that the corridor between the Soarin' hangar and the rest of the pavilion is above ground.

WeLComeHomE OKW

You are wrong. :wave:

I believe I said "proven" wrong, and simply stating it does not make it so. I also attempted to look on google maps, but, cannot see what SeaCastle is talking about..a little help?

Nevermind, I see it and I guess I was wrong. Thanks for showing me! I honestly hate spreading misinformation, and I'm happy to be proven wrong. And, I learned something today.

Anyway, my point remains that it is certainly feasible to incorporate the theatre or the space of the theatre into a future imagination pavilion attraction.

SJN1279

Screamscape was right about The Simpsons Ride, and have been correct numerous times in the past. I actually love the website and feel Lance is right way more than he is wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom