Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre - Seeking review

mickeysshoes

Have to agree with the above post!! Food was great 2 years ago but this past trip was no so good...its really hit or miss here. We would choose 50's Prime Time over this. But should try once.

Mukta

The food is mediocre, the atmosphere is fun. If you are on the dining plan it is fine, but if you are paying out of pocket, skip it and go to 50s Prime Time instead

MKCP 1985

Sci Fi offers a unique opportunity to eat your meal in a recreated setting of a drive in movie theater experience. Some of us are old enough to remember going to drive ins, and Disney has taken the best part of that experience and put it to a restaurant experience.

90% of the tables are recreations of cars where you sit two to a row in up to three rows, if I recall correctly. For larger groups, they offer picnic tables toward the back, just like the drive ins used to have.

The food isn't going to be mistaken for Le Bistro de Paris, but come on - it is a drive in. What do you expect? I have always been pleased with my various sandwiches, burgers and especially the milkshakes.

While dining, there is about a 45 minute loop of 1950s sci-fi movie previews with the occasional cartoon clip thrown in.

Sci Fi is one of my favorite places to eat at the Disney Hollywood Studios park. It is a nice break from the sun and is unlike any other restaurant I've ever experienced.

GOT2SAMMIES

We have an ADR there in November.. Never been and my DH is not a foodie, he like certain things but he choose Sci-Fi by the pictures of the "drive-in" cars. I dont have high expectations on the food, Im on the free dining so if it sucks oh well chalk it up to never go back:)

pacochran

We went quite a few years ago, and thought atmosphere great, but food average. To me more of a counter service type food than sit down restaurant. But that being said we are going to try it again this December for lunch.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The menu is limited, but the ambiance is very enjoyable, especially for kids. Try it once for the experience, I'd say.....

ob1thx1138

We ate there in June of this year and had a great time. The selection was a little limited, but we had no complaints in the quality department, just don't go there expecting a 5 star meal. The milk shakes were great, but the big draw was the atmosphere, very fun and interesting. Also you can choose to either sit in one of the cars or at a picnic table, so make sure to let them know what you want when you check in. When we were there we could have been seated imediately if we wanted a picnic table, but we chose to wait a few minutes for a car.

lilclerk

Go for lunch! The dinner menu is pretty terrible. The only time I've ever walked away unhappy was after dinner.
But I do love the ambiance there and try to go every trip. It's great for a burger and a shake, not much else.

Goofyque'

This is and has been a favorite of ours for many years. I agree that if you are a foodie (which we are, but find fine dining other places) we have never had a bad meal, and find the choices varied. The movie clips are retro and funny, the ambiance is terrific, and we always go either for a meal or an afternoon rest with shakes and onion rings. You will have a blast!

(we usually get the penne pasta, rueben, or ribs)

panther726

I do not recommend it! Terrible food and I wasn't a fan of the atmosphere. It was the only Disney meal (including counter service) that our family just out and out hated. I'd recommend Pizza Planet over this.

Foolish Mortal

Kind of a limited menu that hasn't really changed much over the years, but I do love this place. I think it's primarily due to the atmosphere. And as long as the ribs are on the menu, I'm easy. As with any WDW restaurant definitely try it for yourself and form your own opinion.

mls

We will be at Disney Oct. 22 - 29 on our first trip. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been back in five years (and I've been in the partk every year). I thought the food was mediocre at best. It was a nice atmostphere, but that was about it. I could have (and have since) gotten a better burger in other places. We go to 50's instead.

awilliams4

Does anyone know the limit of the party size for the cars? We have ressies for 5 next week and I don't recall any cars seating more than 4.

Thanks.

ob1thx1138

Does anyone know the limit of the party size for the cars? We have ressies for 5 next week and I don't recall any cars seating more than 4.

Thanks.

When we went this June we had a party of four and they seated us in the front two rows of the car and another couple sat in the back seat. So 6 would be the limit for adults. I could see getting more in there with smaller kids, but it is not exactly spacious.

I will add that my wife and I are both very pooh sized (300lb) and found the seating snug, but not terribly uncomfortable. We did however split the kids with us. So it was me and the 8 year old and her and 16 year old.

Tinkerbell 8

The atmosphere is awesome, the food was decent. I had a really good ruban sandwich, fiancee had a good chicken ceaser salad. Even though Sci-Fi is good, I think 50's Prime Time is better, especially their peanut butter and jelly milkshake!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom