Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

koppite_rob

Memories ah....
I have many great memories of PI.
It was a great night to spend one of our honeymoon evenings in 2000.
Me & the wife were staying off site but we booked a night in the all star rock club and made a proper evening of it.
We went to the comedy club to start and ended up dancing the night away in the beach club."I want to rock & roll all night,and party every day"
Along the way we both ended up with temporary tattoos that lasted long after we came home..

Then in 2004 we had our holiday planned & were at my cousins wedding,when she metioned she was off there on honeymoon.It was the same time as we were out there but despite frequent answer phone messages we didn't get to meet up.Me & the wife were at PI and I was taking a picture when the back of a head appeared and blocked my shot.I got all annoyed & then my wife said isn't that you cousin.She called out her name and it was!There last night on honeymoon & they'd decided to visit PI.So I followed them back to their hotel so they could both enjoy their last night properly.
We all ended up in the adventurers club were I totally cocked up the oath much to everyones amusement,and finished the night at 8Trax.
What a night that was.

There are a lot of folks like us,with no kids who love Disney,but like a night out letting down our hair.
Now we went to Church St in 2000,maybe it wasn't its best period,but I didn't feel particulary safe as a visitor and thats the biggest attraction for me at PI.
The safety & security and general attitude are bright and breezy but with an adult feel.So I'll be as sad as everyone else,that its going..

sknydave

Any idea as to what the refund amount will be?

On the annual pass purchase page they still list Pleasure Island as being one of the features for the water parks and more addon, then in tiiiiiiiny fine print they note the closure of Pleasure Island and the option to golf.

hemloc

No doubt, Universal gives their guests a lot more bang for the buck, but also understand, they're only catering to a small percentage of the people that Disney must.

Hmm, they're definitely catering to the old PI crowd, lol.. Considering the old Universal AP cost around $200, this is an amazing deal(Just the HHN and UNLIMITED Xpress pass after 4 is worth it alone, but VALET and PREFERRED parking, too?? WOOHOO!!)

epcotpalms

Being friends with a cast member this also devalues what Disney calls "The Disney Difference" which is the benefits they offer their cast. Free admission to the clubs on select nights was meaningful to allot of people and a real benefit. Maybe this is apart of backstage magic! lol

It's sad that more shopping and dining is a "bold new vision" for the "leading" creative company in the world! :brick:

Write those letters!

hemloc

Being friends with a cast member this also devalues what Disney calls "The Disney Difference" which is the benefits they offer their cast. Free admission to the clubs on select nights was meaningful to allot of people and a real benefit. Maybe this is apart of backstage magic! lol

It's sad that more shopping and dining is a "bold new vision" for the "leading" creative company in the world! :brick:

Write those letters!

Cast members should be thankful that they don't have to live and breathe underneath MK in the utilidors after hours like crew members having to stay below passenger decks on cruise ships, lol.... Oh wait, I have said too much.. They are building a club and pool underneath Fantasyland as we speak:eek:!!!

nibblesandbits

I had heard that... and I can't even believe it. I have no idea how they can justify that.

To some I guess they'd like it... but I don't play golf, don't like golf... nothing about it appeals to me. I would be beyond furious if this was the "compensation" I was offered.
I agree with you.

If you like golf, then fine. It's probably a good trade off...however, for those who don't, this is a HUGE disappointment.

My DH is going to get me an AP for my birthday/anniversary. He was thinking about getting the PAP...after this week, I told him no thank you. It's not worth it.

culturenthrills

The funny thing is that Disney sent out there press release late Friday to try to bury the story but we are all still talking about it and I would say based on most of the forums I have looked at the majority are not very happy. Even on the comments on Orlando Sentinel's stories have been pretty much against the closing. The funny thing is if they would have just kept AC and CW none of this negative vitriol being tossed at the company would probably be happening.

SGT623

MarchingAwaysmall.jpg

RIPPIFINAL.jpg

AEfx

The funny thing is that Disney sent out there press release late Friday to try to bury the story but we are all still talking about it and I would say based on most of the forums I have looked at the majority are not very happy. Even on the comments on Orlando Sentinel's stories have been pretty much against the closing. The funny thing is if they would have just kept AC and CW none of this negative vitriol being tossed at the company would probably be happening.

You've gotta keep perspective, though.

We also get 1000's of posts and 100's of threads across Disney sites that are just as upset about Character Dining going away at LTT.

Fan reaction on websites is rarely indicative of what the general public is going to think, which is usually not much at all about such things.

AEfx

Craigjr93

Yea well

I will miss Pleasure Island. I was sad to see Jessica Rabbit and the West End stage come down years back. Disney was the first to make an adult entertainment complex that was fun and safe, and they did it well. I think this is Disney's plan to get rid of all the teen agers that have been hanging around making trouble in DTD. I can't wait to see what they do with the island and if it will have a new name. Again, I will miss Pleasure Island.:(
Dude not all teen agers cause my parents let me stroll through there and i really dont see any bad kids get kicked out. I see Drunks get kicked out so dont staart blaming us teens.

Christfk

Disney Change

First time posting on this site. I also had to post my thoughts being a 44 time veteran to Disney. I think the change is a bit much. However when it comes to the restaurants I feel Disney is way behind. The restaurants at the Market Place and the Westside don't compare to what is around the Disney area or some not all that are at City Walk. So I agree the dining needs to improve. I would also like to see a few new shops(not 20) added as well but not ones that I can go see at the outlets that line I-4. This leaves the clubs. I still think a night club or 2 should be added to the fold. Even though Disney is Family oriented there are still couples with out kids that vacation at Disney. Doing away with the clubs will push these guest to City Walk or Clubs in the area which means dollars not going in to disney pocket at night. So I think they should add at least 2 Night Clubs and leave AC for the over 21 crowed. DisneyQuest has been on the chopping block for along time and either ESPN Club will move there or the Cheesecake Factory. Just my 2 cents. PS to Disney ... Please more Thrill Rides.. .US and IOA is kicking our butts, even Sea World will have to world class coasters by 2009

IROC it

Well... I think I've just decided what I'm doing for our 12th anniversary...

Sounds like a trip to AC... our first and last... :cool: and :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom