Saving Mr. Banks Trailer

6laurac

MP was and is my favorite Disney movie so to see even the Hollywood version of the story is exciting to me. Yeah to Hanks for being involved.

Sped2424

Im looking forward to it, especially to how they are going to handle the entire situation as the film is made by Disney they are no doubt going to go for the uncle Walt look and most likely try to end the film on good terms. When in reality the situation between P L Travers and Mr Disney was a train wreck start to finish and ended with her detesting the film in its entirety and from then on refusing to do anything more with the Disney company. I really wanna see which route they are going to take this film!

star77kc

I don't think I've ever been more excited to see a movie before! Oh my GOD!! Mary Poppins is my all-time favorite movie - this is a dream come true and I had no idea about it until now. Thanks for sharing this!
Oh, by the way...no thanks are needed. Just doing my Disney duty!!!;)

Tonka's Skipper

Im looking forward to it, especially to how they are going to handle the entire situation as the film is made by Disney they are no doubt going to go for the uncle Walt look and most likely try to end the film on good terms. When in reality the situation between P L Travers and Mr Disney was a train wreck start to finish and ended with her detesting the film in its entirety and from then on refusing to do anything more with the Disney company. I really wanna see which route they are going to take this film!

Sorry, but your not totally correct.

Yes Mrs. Travers and Walt had a rocky time in making the movie. Mrs. Travers had the right to change changes up until the movie was released. The evening party after the premier Mrs. Travers told Walt that Julie Andrews was quite good as Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyck was ok as *Dick*, but she still did not like the cartons and most importantly wanted to cut the penguins. It seems Walt reminded her that her rights to change the movie ended at the premier and said *I am not changing anything!

Yes, they did not do anything more work together, but part of that was because Walt did not like doing follow up movies. He has moved on to other films.

After a Mrs. Travers read and saw all the admiration for the movie and the peoples reactions to Mary Poppins she warmed up quite a bit, I did read to the very end she never liked the penguins!

AKK

PrincessNelly_NJ

Sorry, but your not totally correct.

Yes Mrs. Travers and Walt had a rocky time in making the movie. Mrs. Travers had the right to change changes up until the movie was released. The evening party after the premier Mrs. Travers told Walt that Julie Andrews was quite good as Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyck was ok as *Dick*, but she still did not like the cartons and most importantly wanted to cut the penguins. It seems Walt reminded her that her rights to change the movie ended at the premier and said *I am not changing anything!

Yes, they did not do anything more work together, but part of that was because Walt did not like doing follow up movies. He has moved on to other films.

After a Mrs. Travers read and saw all the admiration for the movie and the peoples reactions to Mary Poppins she warmed up quite a bit, I did read to the very end she never liked the penguins!

AKK

Mmm... are you sure? Because She clearly wished to never work with Mr. Disney again. The Disney Company did want to do more Mary Poppins films but she refused, several times. She even wrote in her will that no one from the flim could be involved with any stage versions of Mary Poppins

DDuckFan130

Mmm... are you sure? Because She clearly wished to never work with Mr. Disney again. The Disney Company did want to do more Mary Poppins films but she refused, several times. She even wrote in her will that no one from the flim could be involved with any stage versions of Mary Poppins

You're correct. She allegedly left the premiere in tears because of what they did to her book. The ONLY thing she seemed to like and was all for was Julie Andrews being cast as Mary Poppins. She refused to work with Disney or anyone else on adaptations. The closest she came was the musical before she passed, under the stipulation that no Americans (especially the Sherman brothers) work on it.

So I agree with the previous poster, I'd like to see how they handle this and still make "Uncle Walt" seem like the good guy. Either way I root for him and not Travers lol

Tonka's Skipper

I never said she wanted to work with Walt again, I said she warmed up some as the years went by. The over whelming reviews and the public love for the movie had her rethinking the film.

I also said part of the reason there were no follow up movies was Walt, not the only reason.

As to the stage , seems Mary Poppins has been on Broadway for years now and on the road with Americans, so if she put that in her will, it was not legal.

Why would you think Walt was wrong in any way?.............She had advisers, signed the contract, everything was layed out...........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom