Save the Adventurers Club

zweltar

This thread or any other- if you don't want to be here, then don't.....
See, the funny thing here is, I DO want to be in this thread. Or should I say, I want to be in a thread that has NEWS or RUMORS about the AC. I would love nothing more than to come to this thread and read that it is reopening somewhere on property.

However, this thread has zero news or rumors in it. I have nothing against people talking about AC. I just think it should be moved to a more appropriate section. I see nothing illogical about that. And I see no reason to tell people to stay out of a thread in the news and rumors section if said person complains that there has been no news or rumors for quite some time.

If you have some reason that this thread should remain in the news and rumors section, by all means bring it to my attention. Not trying to be combative here, so no vitriol is needed.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
See, the funny thing here is, I DO want to be in this thread. Or should I say, I want to be in a thread that has NEWS or RUMORS about the AC. I would love nothing more than to come to this thread and read that it is reopening somewhere on property.

However, this thread has zero news or rumors in it. I have nothing against people talking about AC. I just think it should be moved to a more appropriate section. I see nothing illogical about that. And I see no reason to tell people to stay out of a thread in the news and rumors section if said person complains that there has been no news or rumors for quite some time.

If you have some reason that this thread should remain in the news and rumors section, by all means bring it to my attention. Not trying to be combative here, so no vitriol is needed.

Well first, I wasn't being vitriolic. Second, apparently the mods do believe that this thread contains the occasional rumor and news, or else they would have moved it (of course the popularity of this thread may have something to do with that call also). And third, if your preconception coming into this thread is that there will be neither any news nor viable rumors, then simply look around and enjoy the rest of your day. But shrilling about how the thread has neither, or that it should be moved, or whatever else doesn't contribute much either.....

well, if the location of this thread is of such great concern that you feel the need to so comment, you need to count your blessings that you've no biiger probs. WHAT DOES IT REALLY MATTER???

HOOOOPLAAAA

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In the grand scheme of things why does it even matter what section of the forum this thread is in? How many threads are in generally discussion are about trip planning? How many trip reports are in general discussion and so on. It is Steve's site. If he thinks this thread belongs here that is all I need.

I thought that the news about "Weird Al" singing an AC standard, and the Club's all purpose theme song in between his Jungle Cruise ballad and Grim, Grinning Ghosts to be very newsworthy.

Kiff

I truly loved the AC so for me it's great to see the thread still kicking but I can certainly see both sides of the coin.

As far as I'm concerned, with Pleasure Island still sitting vacant the rumors still trickle out (mostly false of course but that's why it's a rumor not a fact). Even if the AC doesn't return to the DTD area in the near future I'm willing to bet we will see many a thread resurrection as occasional rumors of an AC return trickle in over the years.

Here's hoping it doesn't take that long though.....

lazyboy97o

This is an excellent question. I don't think there has been any updates however. I remember when this got announced it was very intriguing. I wonder if it will be like the original, I doubt it because of the logistics within a theme park but you never know. If it is like the original, the problem is that it will most likely be in all chinese. :brick:
Honestly, to me it just sounded like a revisiting of the old Explorers Club from Disneyland Paris. I am not sure how I would feel if it was as irreverent and silly inside a park (or at someplace else like the Animal Kingdom Lodge).

Mouse Detective

Save Pleasure Island has stated that AC is returning, just not to Downtown Disney. Even Jt has conceded as much, and he knows everything.

So as long as rumors continue to flow in, as long as the AC building sits there empty, as long as AC-Hong Kong remains on the drawing boards, this is an active thread. Talking about the good old days is just a bonus!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Prepare for a scolding....I've been saying what you're saying for 2 years and have been named called and been told that if I don't like whats said on this thread then I should just go away and not read it.
I too am interested in what happens to the AC, but when there's no news for over a year and a half, then it's time to move on and put this this subject where it belongs...in the past attractions section.
Be prepared though ...we're the bad guys for expressing our opinions about a club that's been dead for almost 2 years that's in all likelyhood never coming back.

I'm pretty sure I've said this before....if you don't like the thread then don't open it to begin with.

Oh yeah, I have said it before!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4139903&postcount=1732
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4139854&postcount=1728
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3457589&postcount=496

Birdflu

this past week i was at PO Riverside on my honeymoon.. one night the drink of the night at the bar was a Kungaloosh with a small description and mentioning of the AC.. it was heart-wrenching.

zweltar

this past week i was at PO Riverside on my honeymoon.. one night the drink of the night at the bar was a Kungaloosh with a small description and mentioning of the AC.. it was heart-wrenching.
OOoooo.. That does have to be tough. I would be bummed. And to be a POR, so close to where AC was.

Maybe resurrecting the drink is Disney's way of keeping the club alive?

:lookaroun

Pippa

I think thats awesome! Whichever CM put the Kungaloosh on the cocktail menu, I'd like to shake their hand and give them a club salute!

Save Pleasure Island has stated that AC is returning, just not to Downtown Disney. Even Jt has conceded as much, and he knows everything.

So as long as rumors continue to flow in, as long as the AC building sits there empty, as long as AC-Hong Kong remains on the drawing boards, this is an active thread. Talking about the good old days is just a bonus!
thing is I'm NOT paying for a day at Animal Kingdom, my least fav park, just so I can go to the AC. As much as I love the AC. If it's redeployed, it'll be interesting to see how and where. Could be a setup for a tremendous dissapointment either way. But, it's a tremendous Disney franchise that is simply going to waste. Much like Captain EO did for years <eyeroll>.

Scooter

thing is I'm NOT paying for a day at Animal Kingdom, my least fav park, just so I can go to the AC. As much as I love the AC. If it's redeployed, it'll be interesting to see how and where. Could be a setup for a tremendous dissapointment either way. But, it's a tremendous Disney franchise that is simply going to waste. Much like Captain EO did for years <eyeroll>.

It's not a franchise...It's not going to waste...it's CLOSED! It's A DONE DEAL!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom