Save the Adventurers Club

sakraft1

Artemision Bronze

Does anyone know where I can get a (small) replica of the Artemision Bronze, aka God from the Sea aka God of Cape Artemis aka "Zeus or Poseidon". I'm looking for something 10" or smaller for the adventurers club in my basement. I'm also looking for one for less than say, $40.

I might then adorn it to look like God With Rod aka Zeus Goes Fishing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemision_Bronze

UPDATE: This is a bit out of my league but here is a full sized version:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Poseidon-Zeus-Artemision-Greek-Sculpture-BRONZE-STATUE_W0QQitemZ400094867446QQcmdZViewItemQQptZArt_Sculpture?hash=item5d27832ff6

CaptainMichael

I am the proud owner of an Adventurers Club library stool circa 1989 (the tag on the bottom says so.)

For those wondering, there were 4 left after I bought this one.

wilsonhanks

Typically self-indulgent Hill nonsense.

Have they announced the new Olive Garden for the AC locale yet?

What is it with you and your optimism. A darden chain would have been nice, I heard they were going to put a Stitch themed bi-level Pollo Tropical in there. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

chaggy102

What is it with you and your optimism. A darden chain would have been nice, I heard they were going to put a Stitch themed bi-level Pollo Tropical in there. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

I didn't hear about that but how about something with Domo??? Let's totally go Japanese on the former PI area.

wilsonhanks

I didn't hear about that but how about something with Domo??? Let's totally go Japanese on the former PI area.

That would be excellent, That just gave me an idea. How about Stitch/Pollo tropical on the bottom and Domo/Sushi up top? They could have a Stitch/Domo statue in the center!! :fork::fork::fork::fork:

sakraft1

Typically self-indulgent Hill nonsense.

What was self-indulgent about it? Don't you like hearing about the club? Isn't it great that people are still talking about it? It seems like a lot of folks are really negative on Jim Hill. This post is mostly a bunch of photos including a rare backstage one. Here is a repost of my reply to everyone else's replies to my original post on the Yahoo group:

I found absolutely nothing vainglorious about the article and as for pedantic, hearing or reading as much detail as possible about the club makes my brain happy. As for mentioning that this event took place after Congaloosh, this is just a fact and there is no harm in stating facts. Wouldn't it be nice if more so-called news sources just put the facts out there and let you digest them what ever way you want?

Frankly, I think its great that anyone at all is still writing articles about
this great attraction well over a year after it closed. I honestly don't
understand the hostility toward the article, did this author kill a whole bunch of kittens or something?

And I loved the backstage photo. It was small and hard to make out but its more of the backstage than anyone posted anywhere on the internet before.

If this author wrote another article in the same tone about the Adventurers Club, I would read it and I would probably enjoy it. If he wrote a hundred articles about the Adventurers Club, I would read them and be happy. At this point anything to do with the club gets me excited. Maybe its just because Congaloosh is out of my price range, but I'll take what I can get.

71jason

That would be excellent, That just gave me an idea. How about Stitch/Pollo tropical on the bottom and Domo/Sushi up top? They could have a Stitch/Domo statue in the center!! :fork::fork::fork::fork:

I love how, much like the Club itself in its latter days, this thread has dissolved into "inside baseball" references that maybe four of us get (and I'm giving Capt. Michael the benefit of the doubt on this one).

I would refer you to my point earlier how new blood was essential to making the Club work--otherwise, the regulars turn it into a Disneyfied Rocky Horror. Which is, I think, the same point Jim Hill was trying to make in his article, although I like to think I was less of a d-word about it.

71jason

Have they announced the new Olive Garden for the AC locale yet?

No, but a midwest TV local interest show seemed to confirm that Schussel's "Winter Wonderland" concept is coming to DTD, and a couple sources indicate their "Hot Dog Heaven" chain is coming as well. The "Save Pleasure Island" blog has links/details.

CaptainMichael

Think of all the butts that have been on that thing! :eek: :D

...I'm just jealous!
I keep telling myself that I had to have sat on this one at some point, but it will certainly be getting a thorough cleaning .

I love how, much like the Club itself in its latter days, this thread has dissolved into "inside baseball" references that maybe four of us get (and I'm giving Capt. Michael the benefit of the doubt on this one).

:lookaroun

sakraft1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom