Save the Adventurers Club

sassytink03

OMG!! I cried like a baby watching that video. Maybe we should email that to all the executives and let them see exactly what they are taking away from us and the cast.:cry:

EPCOT.nut

So, here is a real tear-jerker of a youtube video, that certainly makes me want to fight harder to save this wonderful establishment! Anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoavuSP1xDU

I signed the petitions that I found linked from facebook - I just don't know what else to do. It's amazing they would close a place that is filled with such talent and effort by CMs. There is nowhere else in WDW where CMs work this hard in creative theatre. I think it is even more impressive than any of the regular stage performances that they have in the parks.

sassytink03

I agree 100%! I don't understand why Disney thinks they can just dispose of these wonderfully talented CM's! I don't think that the new AI experience will be good enough for them, nor will any other "staged" show. These actors need to be given free reign to show their unbelievable talent! Giving them a scripted show to work off of would be a waste. Though I do hope that most of them stick around on property so I can see them. I hope this isn't the end of it all!

nibblesandbits

So, here is a real tear-jerker of a youtube video, that certainly makes me want to fight harder to save this wonderful establishment! Anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoavuSP1xDU
It's things like that that really make your heart hurt...those things that remind you of just how incredibly fun this place really is and that make you so sad that Disney feels the need to take this unique experience away.

Damien666

As much as I hate to say this, I really have a gut feeling it's going away no matter what. Yes it's a huge bummer that a true gem of PI is leaving, but I just can't deny Disney is turning PI upsidown.

Though I have a really odd feeling a lot of the unique artifacts won't be tossed away.

If the rumors are true, then the artifacts will be shipped to Hong Kong Disneyland to be used in their unique version of the Haunted Mansion in Adventureland. Yes it's a strange rumor, but anything can happen at this point.

Mrs.Toad

I am fairly new to the threads so I wasn't aware that Pleasure Island was closing. Lots of great memories and I will miss the kitschy places. However, I am disappointed the most about the loss of the Adventurer's Club. What is the plan for the Pleasure Island complex? Will they just convert it into more stores and restaurants like the rest of Downtown Disney? If they do, why not just keep the Adventurer's? Unless there is interest to place new things there and they don't want to run the risk of keeping older places so they can start fresh.

Jimmy Thick

AC is dead, let it die. It was fun the first couple times, then it passed on like a fart in the wind.

PI, in itself, does have to go, in my opinion, it really didn't fit into the area it encompassed. Store to the left, stores to the right, and a section devoted to night clubs?

It will be missed, but an after thought before you know it.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
AC is dead, let it die. It was fun the first couple times, then it passed on like a fart in the wind.
PI, in itself, does have to go, in my opinion, it really didn't fit into the area it encompassed. Store to the left, stores to the right, and a section devoted to night clubs?

It will be missed, but an after thought before you know it.
Obviously you have not been following this thread, but many pages ago it was stated that,
if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, please restrain yourself, move on and read another next topic.
All negative attitudes on this matter are not welcomed to this thread. We are here to discuss how to keep the Adventurers Club a part of the Walt Disney World experience, not gastrointestinal problems, The Adventurers Club is far from dead, and it shall not die. The hundreds-of-thousands of fans that have experienced it and support it will not forget the amazing crown jewel of the Golden Age of Imagineering. As for Pleasure Island, it will hardly become an afterthought and it absolutely fits in the area it was placed. It stood proudly in Lake Buena Vista 9 years before the West Side, so if anything, the West Side should have to change to fit in with Pleasure Island! And Pleasure Island certainly fits in a lot better than a whole mess of new copies of already existing Downtown Disney stores. And as for the artifacts. . .
If the rumors are true, then the artifacts will be shipped to Hong Kong Disneyland to be used in their unique version of the Haunted Mansion in Adventureland. Yes it's a strange rumor, but anything can happen at this point.
This is another of the many reasons the Adventurers Club needs to be preserved. Is anyone else tired of the other Disney Parks benefiting from Walt Disney Worlds deterioration? For example: Expedition Everest was built only halfway, not just the facade, but the ride is only partially complete. There was to be another loop of track around the back and another Yeti encounter, but that was scrapped due to cutbacks. Tokyo Disney Sea is rumored to be getting the whole ride in the future! EPCOT Center closes World of Motion, Disneyland gets a shipment of animatronics to make Pirates of the Caribbean PC. The list goes on and on and now rumors of Adventurers Club Artifacts going to Hong Kong! It is high time that Disney starts putting back into Walt Disney World instead of taking away long beloved attractions, and it must start with saving the Adventurers Club for future generations to fall in love with!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

firemandisney

Obviously you have not been following this thread, but many pages ago it was stated that,

All negative attitudes on this matter are not welcomed to this thread. We are here to discuss how to keep the Adventurers Club a part of the Walt Disney World experience, not gastrointestinal problems, The Adventurers Club is far from dead, and it shall not die. The hundreds-of-thousands of fans that have experienced it and support it will not forget the amazing crown jewel of the Golden Age of Imagineering. As for Pleasure Island, it will hardly become an afterthought and it absolutely fits in the area it was placed. It stood proudly in Lake Buena Vista 9 years before the West Side, so if anything, the West Side should have to change to fit in with Pleasure Island! And Pleasure Island certainly fits in a lot better than a whole mess of new copies of already existing Downtown Disney stores. And as for the artifacts. . .

This is another of the many reasons the Adventurers Club needs to be preserved. Is anyone else tired of the other Disney Parks benefiting from Walt Disney Worlds deterioration? For example: Expedition Everest was built only halfway, not just the facade, but the ride is only partially complete. There was to be another loop of track around the back and another Yeti encounter, but that was scrapped due to cutbacks. Tokyo Disney Sea is rumored to be getting the whole ride in the future! EPCOT Center closes World of Motion, Disneyland gets a shipment of animatronics to make Pirates of the Caribbean PC. The list goes on and on and now rumors of Adventurers Club Artifacts going to Hong Kong! It is high time that Disney starts putting back into Walt Disney World instead of taking away long beloved attractions, and it must start with saving the Adventurers Club for future generations to fall in love with!

KUNGALOOSH!t

:snore:
P.I. is closing.........Move on.

sassytink03

Well said Master Gracey!!!!

I agree 100%. I don't think anyone should be posting on this thread that doesn't want the AC saved. They can start their own thread someplace else because we don't want to hear it.

Sherrybaby

I totally agree with you Master Gracey. This is why our last trip this June will probably be our last for many years to come. We have pretty much seen it all and did it all. One of the only things we did not do was go to the AC--we went to the AC and my son said, "Mom we have to come back next year now and we are coming here first and every night that we are here!" (we unfortunately visited our last night during our trip!).

If there is no AC to further investigate and enjoy I'm not looking to go back for American Idol or some Tinkerbell meet and greet. I think I'm just starting to lose my "magic" for WDW and it's not due to me personally, I'm just tired of all the changes and substandard additions like Ragland Road with rude servers who won't even get a question answered for you about your glass of wine! No thanks--Costa Rica this year for us!

Sherry

Master Gracey

Original Poster
What Disney Wants You To Forget!

So, I was perusing a ton of old Disney News Magazines this weekend, and came upon some very interesting articles on the once proud Pleasure Island. Proud, that is, until Disney decided to let its magic fade away. Here are some images and stories Disney would rather sweep under the rug and pretend never happened!

Pleasure Island Ad circa 1989
PleasureIslandAd-1.jpg

Disney News- Fall 1989
Page01.jpg

Page02.jpg

Newsweek 1989
Page01-1.jpg

Page02-1.jpg

More to come, as soon as I finish scanning more. Let us continue to let Disney know we are not willing to forget our magical night time refuge that is Pleasure Island and most importantly the Adventurers Club!

KUNGALOOSH!

scottnj1966

The management team at WDW has not learned to take some idea's from its guests.
Mr Toad was not saved and a whole lot people protested that.
The subs are gone.

Both are still alive and well at Disneyland. Both would still be doing well here.

I have received many calls from WDW's excutive offices about many things I had questions or comments about. As nice as they usually are (except one time about wheelchairs) they never did anything about any of my comments.

FaerieLuna

Master Gracey,

Thank you for posting that article. I had no idea there was a RollerDrome at Pleasure Island in the beginning!! I am terribly sorry to have missed that. (And yes I am completely serious about that - what can I say I grew up on Roller Boogie, Skatetown USA and Xanadu.)

Mad Stitch

I didn’t know there was a RollerDrome either. Does anyone know where it was? I could see the layout of the former R&RBC supporting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom