Save the Adventurers Club

firemandisney

How do you know these facts?

The thing is some love PI and some hate it..just like everything else in the world...

To say that " The whole WORLD would be better without PI" is a little drastic I believe..How do you know what the whole world wants?

and obviously if you read this thread and others you will see that the whole WORLD is not happy it is going away...:brick:

Everything i stated was based in published news reports and "the chit chat " of Orlando.
If the powers to be agreed with you and others than P.I. would still be here in the future.
Just because you dont want to hear it..Doesnt make it wrong.
P.I. was getting to be a thug hang out. Not anymore.

P.S. you do know that the "world" is the common slang for WDW...I have a hunch you though otherwise.

maggiegrace1

Get over it.
Everything i stated was based in published news reorts and "the chit chat " of Orlando.
:rolleyes:

Personally I could care less if PI leaves..I never go there...

the point is if people are upset because it is leaving then they have that right..just as much a right as you have to say you are glad it is leaving..

You need to quit telling people to "get over it" and get over the fact that people will continue to fight for it regardless of whether you like it or not..

Also just because you read that stuff somewhere does not mean it is a fact!:D

:wave:

firemandisney

:rolleyes:

Personally I could care less if PI leaves..I never go there...

the point is if people are upset because it is leaving then they have that right..just as much a right as you have to say you are glad it is leaving..

You need to quit telling people to "get over it" and get over the fact that people will continue to fight for it regardless of whether you like it or not..

Also just because you read that stuff somewhere does not mean it is a fact!:D

:wave:
You need to get over me telling folks to get over it.:lol:

hemloc

Everything i stated was based in published news reports and "the chit chat " of Orlando.
If the powers to be agreed with you and others than P.I. would still be here in the future.

P.S. you do know that the "world" is the common slang for WDW...I have a hunch you though otherwise.

PI was NEVER a thug hangout. I have no idea where you got that idea, but you obviously never spent much time at PI.

Just say goodbye and realize that things can only go up in standards from what P.I. was. (which was about as low as you can get for WDW standards.)

Huh?? Honestly, how often do you get to PI?? I go all the time, and this couldn't be any further from the truth.

Im personally hoping (and its a distinct possibility) that a high end shopping area will replace P.I.
I.E. Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom type shopping.
Of course nice restaurants and other "Disney shopping" too.

Okay, now I get it. You are being sarcastic:rolleyes:... But if you're not, you would probably have more fun at Mall of the Americas than WDW.

minnie61650

I have heard rumors that the AC might reopen in another location in a year or so.

If people would keep letting management know how unique AC is and how much we want it to be saved perhaps a new AC will be built in a new location.

Just my 2 cents.

slappy magoo

I really don't understand some of the negativity some of you doo schnozzles have over the passion some members have with AC.

Is it ANY sweat off of ANY of your sacs to let people who want to make an effort towards saving something they care about do so? Seriously. Even if it winds up being a "lost cause," if people want to "waste their time" trying to save AC, STFU about it. It doesn't effect you at all. Ultimately the only people they'll wind up hurting MIGHT be themselves if their efforts fail.

FWIW, and slightly off-topic, I know a lot of people feel like opening up P.I. to all guests was a dumb move destined to ruin it. I feel like opening up P.I. to all guests was a d___ move DESIGNED to ruin it. Call it my conspiracy theory du jour, but I think a decision was made that the real estate that P.I. occupies would be more lucrative if they strictly leased it to outside companies, with strict guidelines as to how those businesses operate in keeping with the Disney theme. This way, Disney has none of the headaches designed with operating all the various clubs, keeping them current and happening, etc. Just lease 'em out, keep the areas around clean and safe, and they'll make money even if the business that moves in turns out to be a total bust. And then they'll lease it out to someone else. All they had to do was first make P.I. a failure to better justify the decision to close it.

(The fact that many of the clubs recently got renovations was a jerk bookkeeping move. Each club had been investing as little as possible for upkeep, and as a result, in their budget was money they had to spend or lose. Better to spend it on renovations than lose it and THEN NEED renovations. It's all my opinion, but putting lipstick on a pig like that? Maybe the pig needed lipstick, but I'd bet they just needed to do SOMETHING with the lipstick.)

I honestly don't think the suits expected such a dedicated fan base for AC. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for any of the dance clubs, and CW, as fun as it can be at times, feels more stuck-in-a-time-warp than AC does; it's ALWAYS 1989 in that joint. Even the retro is outdated. I know when I've gone to AC, while it might not always be packed, it always seemed more crowded than any of the dance clubs I entered (last time I went into RnRC, it was a loud, garish ghost town).

I really wonder if maybe the suits neglected to do some basic marketing research into AC. I'd bet a lot of frequent WDW visitors would pay a single or multi-night cover/entertainment charge to visit AC at night. Of course, I have no idea how much a cover would have to be for AC to become a profitable-on-its-own entity.

But count me in amongst those who will be writing some snail mail to try to keep AC going in some capacity. I've had a lot of fun there, and despite the occasionally ribald nature of the show, it was the club I'd, personally, say was most in spirit to being "Disney" out of all of P.I. I'd pay a cover charge to go there (I know, techinically, I already did pay a cover with my premiuim annual pass or "water park fun & more" add-on, but I'd still pay a few extra bucks for the entertainment). I might not go as many times per trip, but I'd still go.

firemandisney

PI was NEVER a thug hangout. I have no idea where you got that idea, but you obviously never spent much time at PI.

Huh?? Honestly, how often do you get to PI?? I go all the time, and this couldn't be any further from the truth.

Okay, now I get it. You are being sarcastic:rolleyes:... But if you're not, you would probably have more fun at Mall of the Americas than WDW.
Ah, YES P.I. WAS a thug hang out. Thats one of the biggest reasons its going away. It was becomming the ghetto gang banger wanna be's of WDW.
It all really doesnt matter cause P.I. and the A.C. will be no more.
Actually, A.C. was the only decent part of P.I. It really wasnt an attraction for the undesirables to hang out at.
I do actually think A.C. was a nice place. But, ADIOS!
And as for that "high end" shopping......dont think for a second it not a distinct possibility. Actually, a pretty good one.:zipit:

slappy magoo

Ah, YES P.I. WAS a thug hang out. Thats one of the biggest reasons its going away.

By an extension of that logic, all of DTD is a thug hangout. It's not like fights and vandalism ONLY happened in the PI area, and theft is more of a store problem than a nightclub problem. True, PI has its share of shops, but so does DTD. And yet, DTD isn't going anywhere.

See my above post, WDW killed the nightlife concept on purpose so they could lease the property and make more money with fewer headaches. The fact that there were some crime problems on-property was a byproduct, but that doesn't mean those crime problem sealed PI's fate; PI's fate brought in elements that created some crime problems.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Are you naturally this rude and abrasive or do you bring your "best behavior" to your posts here?

maggiegrace1

Ah, YES P.I. WAS a thug hang out. Thats one of the biggest reasons its going away. It was becomming the ghetto gang banger wanna be's of WDW.
It all really doesnt matter cause P.I. and the A.C. will be no more.
Actually, A.C. was the only decent part of P.I. It really wasnt an attraction for the undesirables to hang out at.
I do actually think A.C. was a nice place. But, ADIOS!
And as for that "high end" shopping......dont think for a second it not a distinct possibility. Actually, a pretty good one.:zipit:
You seem to act like you have inside info....:shrug:

What makes you think that could happen?

You are just assuming as far as we all know...

I mean..I can say that there is a distinct possibility that they could put a farmers market there and sell name brand purses and heels for a discounted price... and put a :zipit: to make people think I know something they do not but that does not mean that people will believe me if I do not back my story up.

Where are you getting this info?

maggiegrace1

Ohhh noo..I am an idiot...:rolleyes:

I knew what you meant but I still think it is funny that you think YOU know what the "WORLD" (WDW) wants.

Quit having hunches..it does nothing for ya..;)

firemandisney

You seem to act like you have inside info....:shrug:

What makes you think that could happen?

You are just assuming as far as we all know...

I mean..I can say that there is a distinct possibility that they could put a farmers market there and sell name brand purses and heels for a discounted price... and put a :zipit: to make people think I know something they do not but that does not mean that people will believe me if I do not back my story up.

Where are you getting this info?
My land, Just wait and see.
What do you really EXPECT will go there?
Look for it to be a "higher" end Downtown Disney.
There ARE othr sources of info available...It isnt that difficult to find information on the World.

nibblesandbits

110% correct!
Unfortunately, I think the SAME folks that call and write letters complaining about refurbs and their so called "bad moments" at Disney are the same folks who are behind this letter writing campaign to save the A.C. Yep, it WAS and IS a nice place...but its GONE or soon will be.
Its kinda like the wagon wheel. It served a purpose for a while but its time to move on.
I have never once written a letter to the Walt Disney company complaining about anything, before they decided to take away the Adv. Club.

I have also always been a proponent of refurbs...I find most refurbs to be outstanding compared to what was usually in the space previously. I'm one who usually gets excited about anything new added and have to remind people to give new things a chance. (Which btw, in case you cared...I understand getting rid of PI in general...however, think they are making a mistake in also removing the Adv. Club with it.)

To think that all of us who are upset about the closure of this club are simply complainers in general is very ignorant of you.

That being said...as I've mentioned many times...the Adv. Club was one of those very "Disney" places on property...and it was also a good place for adults to relax. To think this place was "Un-Disney", to me, would be odd.

firemandisney

I have never once written a letter to the Walt Disney company complaining about anything, before they decided to take away the Adv. Club.

I have also always been a proponent of refurbs...I find most refurbs to be outstanding compared to what was usually in the space previously. I'm one who usually gets excited about anything new added and have to remind people to give new things a chance. (Which btw, in case you cared...I understand getting rid of PI in general...however, think they are making a mistake in also removing the Adv. Club with it.)

To think that all of us who are upset about the closure of this club are simply complainers in general is very ignorant of you.

That being said...as I've mentioned many times...the Adv. Club was one of those very "Disney" places on property...and it was also a good place for adults to relax. To think this place was "Un-Disney", to me, would be odd.
I have to be honest..This is the most well-written convincing (ish) reply to MY opinions concerning P.I. and or A.C.
I TOO stated that A.C. was nice. Just not P.I.
BUT!! It IS closing and my point was that all the complaining was a moot point.
And to be honest, By most of the comments ive read, It does appear that folks like to complain alot. I actually would be willing to bet that most here do fit my profile quite well. You, may not.
Anyways, In the end..P.I. is gone.
What will be next? Time (soon) will tell.
I already placed a post telling what will be coming.
If im incorrect:ROFLOL:You all may put my foot in my mouth for me.
But........that wont be happening.:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom