Save the Adventurers Club

maggiegrace1

I have to be honest..This is the most well-written convincing (ish) reply to MY opinions concerning P.I. and or A.C.
I TOO stated that A.C. was nice. Just not P.I.
BUT!! It IS closing and my point was that all the complaining was a moot point.
And to be honest, By most of the comments ive read, It does appear that folks like to complain alot. I actually would be willing to bet that most here do fit my profile quite well. You, may not.
Anyways, In the end..P.I. is gone.
What will be next? Time (soon) will tell.
I already placed a post telling what will be coming.
If im incorrect:ROFLOL:You all may put my foot in my mouth for me.
But........that wont be happening.:zipit:

Well ....Thanks Fireman Merf...:wave:

TOCPE82

As for the radio show being mentioned a few pages back, it is still going but Brandon is no longer the host, nor are they sending out mass emails on the facebook group before every show. The one yesterday was the first sent out in around 10 days or so, maybe more I think.

I didn't completely agree with Brandon's methods either, but for the most part I'm pro doing anything within reason to save the AC. No, I'm not looking for Iger's job. The tactics I posted a few pages ago is an example of the types of stuff that we're advocating. Nothing jerkish, just polite contact letting Disney know our feelings, and doing it from every angle. For those who don't like the methods, which ones specifically? I'm just curious.

That said the show has a couple of rotating hosts now and the mood is much more lighthearted. I encourage all to give it a try. More about appreciating the club and reinforcing what we need to do to save it. Nothing catty, I promise.

tocpe

SirGoofy

PI becoming a thug hang out?:ROFLOL:I spent every weekend there from January-May and not once did I see these "thugs" you speak of.

CaptainMichael

As for the radio show being mentioned a few pages back, it is still going but Brandon is no longer the host, nor are they sending out mass emails on the facebook group before every show. The one yesterday was the first sent out in around 10 days or so, maybe more I think.

I didn't completely agree with Brandon's methods either, but for the most part I'm pro doing anything within reason to save the AC. No, I'm not looking for Iger's job. The tactics I posted a few pages ago is an example of the types of stuff that we're advocating. Nothing jerkish, just polite contact letting Disney know our feelings, and doing it from every angle. For those who don't like the methods, which ones specifically? I'm just curious.

That said the show has a couple of rotating hosts now and the mood is much more lighthearted. I encourage all to give it a try. More about appreciating the club and reinforcing what we need to do to save it. Nothing catty, I promise.

tocpe

My biggest concern with Brandon was calling for Iger's job. That one thing really got my attention and turned me off...big time. I also didn't care for making fun of Kevin Lansberry, the one person that ticking off in this matter will not help. While I understand that we are "protesting", we need to be ultra careful and respectful because not only are many supporters cast members, I feel that attacking executives won't exactly accomplish anything positive.

Also, the map idea rubs me the wrong way for the same reasons. It's almost like we're insulting them (even if they may have lost their way). I was very careful about my wording in my letters because I do enjoy working for Disney.

I appreciate what he (Brandon) was trying to do. The best show was the live one from the AC (I enjoyed hearing Kirk:) ) But I didn't care for the stuff about Mr. Lansberry (even though I'm not a fan of his for obvious reasons) when we know that someone is probably listening.

Good luck, and I appreciate the effort. If I'm free, I'll be calling in tomorrow night.:wave:

Kungaloosh!

nibblesandbits

I have to be honest..This is the most well-written convincing (ish) reply to MY opinions concerning P.I. and or A.C.
I TOO stated that A.C. was nice. Just not P.I.
BUT!! It IS closing and my point was that all the complaining was a moot point.
And to be honest, By most of the comments ive read, It does appear that folks like to complain alot. I actually would be willing to bet that most here do fit my profile quite well. You, may not.
Anyways, In the end..P.I. is gone.
What will be next? Time (soon) will tell.
I already placed a post telling what will be coming.
If im incorrect:ROFLOL:You all may put my foot in my mouth for me.
But........that wont be happening.:zipit:

I guess I will accept that as a compliment. :lol:

And, while you may feel that all the complaining is moot and you have every reason to believe that it is...and while I may completely understand that trying to "save" the Adv. Club is probably useless, I still believe it is ok for all of us to actually try and let Disney know that we are unhappy with their decision in this matter. If not for the simple fact that Disney should be let know when we as guests believe that something they are doing is wrong. I personally, get let know at my place of business when people think that something is wrong...why shouldn't Disney be the same? Why should they get out of it? Because they are Disney?

And yes, I'm sure Disney gets complaints about lots of things and that doesn't mean that it's going to bring it back, but at least they know that a lot of us do support what was being taken away.

So, even though my letter that I sent may have done nothing but made me recieve a phone call, at least I took the time to voice my concerns with something that I don't agree with. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and you coming in here and telling all of us that there is, is completely uncalled for. I don't tell you what you can disagree with...why should you tell us?

That being said, I look forward to hearing what this new announcement that's coming is. I just wish (yes, wish) the Adv. Club was still on the docket and there is nothing wrong with wishing. :)

Master Gracey

Original Poster
...You you dont like the way i say it, dont read it...

As was stated many pages back, if you don't have anything to contribute to the cause, you need not post a response. Anyway, at least this little bit of controversy is keeping the thread alive, which is exactly what we need the campaign to do if it is to be successful (which it will be). An interesting article from Jim Hill just came out about the Adventurers Club that was to be, and how it fit into the Pleasure Island Storyline! http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/08/07/the-adventurers-club-that-we-almost-got.aspx.

Yes, to all the naysayers of how Pleasure Island is "totally un-Disney", you couldn't be further from the truth. It was Disney enough to be Walt Disney World's Fourth Gate (the Fifth being Animal Kingdom 9 years later), for the entire Island was themed at one time, until "Meriwether's Market" became "Pleasure Island Jazz Company" which became "Raglan Road"; "The Fireworks Factory" restaurant became "The Wild Horse Saloon" which became "Motion"; "The XZFR Rockin' Rollerdome" became "The Beach Club", "Videopolis East" became "Cage" which became "8TRAX", "The Neon Armadillo" became "BET", and "The West End Stage" became a bridge. For those of you unfamiliar with the rich history of Meriwether Adam Pleasure's Island, check out this MousePlanet article http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=ww060628ws.

This is why Pleasure Island needs to be preserved, and brought back to its former Pleasure Island (not PI), Turnstilled Off, Funmeister, Live Entertainment, New Years Eve every night glory. I am certain of one thing, if we lose Pleasure Island there is no way the Overpriced Restaurants and Mini Disney Store Clones that replace it will have anything to do with one another, hence another sad time in Disney History where Storytelling is sacrificed for Profit.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

jakeman

Save the Adventurer's Club Strategies

2. Sales Slowdown

There is really no reason to purchase things at DTD necessarily. The vast majority of items at downtown Disney can be purchased at numerous other locations on Disney Property. Avoid spending money down there (Except PI and the AC). If you must purchase something, this is the suggested protocol:

Me: "Mr./Ms. CM, I'd love to purchase this. Could I speak to someone in charge? I'd like a few moments of their time."

CM: "Sure."

Me: "Mr./Ms. Manager, I would love to purchase this. However, given the current situation with PI/CW/AC, I refuse to spend another dollar at DTD until the situation is resolved. Could you assist me in locating this item elsewhere on the resort? I will go and purchase this item from the other location directly. Could you also convey to your management and Kevin Landsberry that you have customers that are directly refusing to spend their money at DTD because of the current PI/CW/AC situation? In return, I would be happy to phone call or e-mail whoever you'd like to let them know of the outstanding service I've received from you today."

Be respectful, but firm. They will be happy to assist you, because guest satisfaction is a huge concern of all DTD managers. This will also have the added benefit of tying up their time as well as hitting DTD where it hurts: The Bottom Line ($)

6. DVC Members and serious prospective Members

The first step is to have all current DVC Members call the DVC Member Services line at 1-800-800-9800 and let them know that you are not happy about this decision as a member, and that it will affect your decision to buy more points and/or reccomend the DVC to friends. They may mention that your real complaint it with Disney, and not the DVC. Do not accept this. Tell them that WDW and the DVC are the same company and that company is not treating is doing its best customers a HUGE disservice by closing down PI/AC/CW. They will list your name and tell you that your concerns have been heard. Also, be sure to contact your Sales Guide and DVC president Jim Lewis.

The CMs manning the DVC kiosks across the resort can't do anything to help our cause. Their job is to get potential customer's information into the DVC computer system & to get potential customers over to Saratoga Springs for a sales presentation. What prospective members can do is to go on a sales presentation, listen to what the guide has to say and then tell them something like this:

"I could be interested in what you have to offer. I want to think about it for a while. However, there is one thing I do want to make clear to DVC: For such an expensive purchase (current entry price is around $16K), I have an expectation that Disney will provide some sort of (evening) adult entertainment area as part of the resort that is not an additional shopping venue. I am watching the problems over at the Downtown Disney area carefully & if I see adult entertainment venues such as the CW & AC being eliminated, it will directly impact my decision to purchase a DVC ownership interest. Could you convey this message back to DVC management by e-mail & copy Kevin Landsberry on the e-mail?"

With the summer vacation season, Disney is now into one of their peak DVC selling periods. There are a limited number of DVC sales presentations each day. If you start cutting into these presentations with people who won't buy due to Mr. Landsberry's new strip mall project, it will get their attention. Remember, DVC is the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Remember, if we do all this our impact will be felt.
I have a couple of issues with these two methods.

For method #2, you are still spending money at Disney. If you tell the manager that you are simply going to another area of property to purchase it, what does this solve? Yes, you got to voice your concerns to a low level manager, but you also informed that manager that you were just going to be inconviencing yourself to purchase the same item. There is no loss for the company and perhaps even a gain if you have to purchase the item in a ticketed location.

For method #6, you are taking up the time of a cast member's who's income depends on commission. How is your method of saving the AC and the employee's within mesh with denying potential sales and income to another cast member? Additionally, after having sat through 3 DVC presentations with different family members, I can say with some degree of confidence if you schedule one with the sole intent of complaining about AC, the presentation will be over rather quickly.

On another note, there are definately two types of extremes in this thread. Those who say nothing will ever be as good as the AC and those who say to get over it. Both are equally close minded.

TOCPE82

I too cringed when Brandon would call for Iger's job. Iger is about as good of a CEO as a company like Disney can hope for. As a Disney stockholder I'm incredibly impressed with what he has done.

The point behind strategies 2 and 6 is to clog the pipes. It's to make the closure of the AC, (or PI) as stressful as possible for Disney. Because of this they are also the most controversial, and the least likely to be carried out.

CaptainMichael

I too cringed when Brandon would call for Iger's job. Iger is about as good of a CEO as a company like Disney can hope for. As a Disney stockholder I'm incredibly impressed with what he has done.

And I hardly believe Iger really has anything to do with this decision. He has much bigger responsibilities. This falls on WDW's leadership (or lack thereof).

TOCPE82

Well said, who was the actual decision maker? Crofton has stated that she didn't see the club going anywhere, or so I've heard. This sounds like a Jay Rasulo decision to me, but what do I know. He's just usually the ones making the bad decisions.

jakeman

The point behind strategies 2 and 6 is to clog the pipes. It's to make the closure of the AC, (or PI) as stressful as possible for Disney. Because of this they are also the most controversial, and the least likely to be carried out.
As for #2, I understand although I think it would be ineffective, but for #6 your "clogging the pipes" has a direct impact of the livelihood of other cast members. Why don't you guys just not tip at any of the restaraunts and write on the check "Save the AC!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom