Save the Adventurers Club

71jason

Sorry to rain on the parade, Master Gracie, but...

Should be at least semi-official news later today, but word from the groundlings is walls going up very soon (remember, Celebrate Tonight ends tomorrow night, so I imagine within a week)--wrecking ball likely to follow. It's not looking good for the Club to be there much longer. Hell, even the unofficial spot for Adventurer reunions at the bottom of the hill might be gone as well. Word is they finally decided to get serious.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sorry to rain on the parade, Master Gracie, but...

Should be at least semi-official news later today, but word from the groundlings is walls going up very soon (remember, Celebrate Tonight ends tomorrow night, so I imagine within a week)--wrecking ball likely to follow. It's not looking good for the Club to be there much longer. Hell, even the unofficial spot for Adventurer reunions at the bottom of the hill might be gone as well. Word is they finally decided to get serious.

Serious with what though?

71jason

I haven't heard anything in months, but I'm wondering if the lighthouse/burger joint is still on the table. The rest of that rumor has played out--McDs gone, and buildings presumably coming down this fiscal year.

But at this point, empty space would be better than the bad show of buildings that have been shuttered for 2 years.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Vinalmation.:D

No idea actually. I am not aware of any in house plans or 3rd parties coming in but I am not exactly in the loop.

Yeah, I keep hearing "Bold New Vision" being tossed around by some on these boards, but it seems that with the demolition of the AC that applies only to improved sightlines of the water.....

Kiff

I have pretty much given up hope on the AC re-opening in DTD. I instead hold onto the faint hope that someday, someone in TDO will realize the error of their ways and open a new AC somewhere else on property.

Still... if some manager/director/VP wants to insert a revamped AC into the bold new vision, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

daguru

So glad I am already registered for this year's Congaloosh, last years was fantastic and this years looking to be even bigger (even if it isn't being held at the club itself)...

vonpluto

Workcrew2.jpg

pete.jpg

1101424799_6b6eae2fc7.jpg

and, ooooh... SQUIRREL!!!

Oh it will start up again. Probably right after this post....some people HATE it when this thread gets bumped.

Anyway...

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2010/06/pi-update-big-meeting-today.html

Why should we "assume" demolition?

I don't know who the buffoon was that claimed those of us talking AC were taking up valuable chat space, but these attention hounds can KMA while we reminisce incessantly. I've no real hope that the AC will repen in its former form or glory, but the franchise could perhaps be rebooted at least partially somewhere, somehow. And, it'd be just as fine w/ me if it were at Universal.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't know who the buffoon was that claimed those of us talking AC were taking up valuable chat space, but these attention hounds can KMA while we reminisce incessantly. I've no real hope that the AC will repen in its former form or glory, but the franchise could perhaps be rebooted at least partially somewhere, somehow. And, it'd be just as fine w/ me if it were at Universal.

Oh...I think his name was Scooter. or was it Duckberg?

:cool:unkadug

PKD

Nope. I haven't, actually.
Care to share?;)

What I can say is that the original plans for PI that were announced two years ago when it was shut down have been scraped and are no longer! No more bland restaurants and merchandise shops. TDO did see the error there, finally, and has a new vision that will be enjoyable for adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom