Save the Adventurers Club

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can't handle this much longer.

:lol:
Well according to Savepleasureisland we only have to put up with it for 2-1/2 more months. Of course if AC does not reopen on the first of the year the rumor mill will just move the reopening date again like the doomsday crowd did with plant X. It was supposed to hit earth in 2004 and when that did not happen they moved the date to 2012.

SirGoofy

Well according to Savepleasureisland we only have to put up with it for 2-1/2 more months. Of course if AC does not reopen on the first of the year the rumor mill will just move the reopening date again like the doomsday crowd did with plant X. It was supposed to hit earth in 2004 and when that did not happen they moved the date to 2012.

True...

I feel like the only ways the rumor will stop are opening or demolition of the club.

I pray it's the latter.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
True...

I feel like the only ways the rumor will stop are opening or demolition of the club.

I pray it's the latter.
Nope, that wont stop it because they can just build a new club somewhere else. The only way the rumor will ever stop is if they reopen the club and even then I'll bet that it will simply evolve into AC closing rumors.

SirGoofy

Nope, that wont stop it because they can just build a new club somewhere else. The only way the rumor will ever stop is if they reopen the club and even then I'll bet that it will simply evolve into AC closing rumors.

My word, if we could somehow make AC rumors into a machine, we would have created a perpetual motion device!

And they say it can't be done...

chaggy102

I have a feeling tho that if they reopen it that there would be no way they could close it...imagine the backlash from fans if that was the case.

Lee

Adventurer
I have a feeling tho that if they reopen it that there would be no way they could close it...imagine the backlash from fans if that was the case.
I suspect that the Club is more famous now than it was before it closed, due to all the publicity it has received.
I could honestly see booming business if it were to reopen, not only from regulars/fans, but also lots of guests wanting to see what all the fuss was about. (And we all know that once they get in....they will not want to leave.:D)

chaggy102

I suspect that the Club is more famous now than it was before it closed, due to all the publicity it has received.
I could honestly see booming business if it were to reopen, not only from regulars/fans, but also lots of guests wanting to see what all the fuss was about. (And we all know that once they get in....they will not want to leave.:D)

Which is why at Congaloosh they're going to have to drag me out kicking and screaming.

Mr.EPCOT

I'm admittedly a little lost... can't keep track of all the rumors with this thing... so the rumor now is that it's reopening January 1st?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Which is why at Congaloosh they're going to have to drag me out kicking and screaming.
If you want to make a good impression bring about 100 feet of chain and some pad locks with you to Congaloosh and see who would like to join you in chaining yourself to the club. I doubt you will have any problems finding volunteers.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm admittedly a little lost... can't keep track of all the rumors with this thing... so the rumor now is that it's reopening January 1st?
The current rumor is that the Club will be reopening "no later than Jan. 1."
Why Jan. 1? No idea. That's an odd time to open it, if you ask me. If it were in fact going to reopen, why not use the Congaloosh as the venue for the major announcement? Have Marcel and the gang return from their travels and unveil the new plans for the Club to it's most faithful fans. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Also, a couple other clubs have (supposedly) been leased out to new operators.

The truth.......:shrug:

Master Yoda said:
If you want to make a good impression bring about 100 feet of chain and some pad locks with you to Congaloosh and see who would like to join you in chaining yourself to the club. I doubt you will have any problems finding volunteers.
Great idea!
I'll be over there on that Saturday night, and would be glad to drop off some food to the "chained".

EpcotServo

Seriously.

I still regret only going once when I was very young...

Why Jan. 1? No idea. That's an odd time to open it, if you ask me. If it were in fact going to reopen, why not use the Congaloosh as the venue for the major announcement? Have Marcel and the gang return from their travels and unveil the new plans for the Club to it's most faithful fans. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Also, a couple other clubs have (supposedly) been leased out to new operators.

The truth.......:shrug:

Keep up the good work, Follow the Money, See how far this rabbit hole goes, Etc.

chaggy102

if you ask me. If it were in fact going to reopen, why not use the Congaloosh as the venue for the major announcement? Have Marcel and the gang return from their travels and unveil the new plans for the Club to it's most faithful fans. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Which is what I was thinking...we do have a Radiothon that night and I think those in attendance would explode if enough funds were raised for the club to remain open...those who have frequented the club know what I mean.

CaptainMichael

The whole New Years Eve Open House storyline perhaps.:shrug:

I agree, that is a weird day, but I'd be there a week later for the Marathon:sohappy:

Also, as of today, I am offically, 100% going to Congaloosh next week. NO EXAMS!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Disney_Freak429

*raises hand* :wave: Yeah getting me out of there that night will not be easy. I wasn't able to go the final night (was still many miles away) so this will be the final night for me. I have to say though in some ways this (heaven forbid it be really the last time) may be a better final night in some ways than the actual one because of the group of us that will be there along with the fact we will have room to breathe.:lol::animwink:

CaptainMichael

*raises hand* :wave: Yeah getting me out of there that night will not be easy. I wasn't able to go the final night (was still many miles away) so this will be the final night for me. I have to say though in some ways this (heaven forbid it be really the last time) may be a better final night in some ways than the actual one because of the group of us that will be there along with the fact we will have room to breathe.:lol::animwink:

Yep, definitely cannot go wrong with the smaller crowd. I missed the first last night as well, so I'm happy I can make this one.

71jason

Why Jan. 1? No idea. That's an odd time to open it, if you ask me.

I raised this point with King Bob (the webmaster of the Save PI blog who reported the rumor) on another board--Disney's FY begins in October and why miss out on the busiest two weeks of the year? He was quick to stress the rumor was by January 1, leaving open the possibility it could re-open even sooner.

That said, no word of actor auditions. No call to hire bartenders. And rock solid info at least some of the artifacts are on their way to HK. I like Bob, and he has had solid info in the past, but i have a hard time believing the AC is simply going to re-open its doors sometime in the next 3 months. But you'll know where to find me if I'm proven wrong...

chaggy102

I raised this point with King Bob (the webmaster of the Save PI blog who reported the rumor) on another board--Disney's FY begins in October and why miss out on the busiest two weeks of the year? He was quick to stress the rumor was by January 1, leaving open the possibility it could re-open even sooner.

That said, no word of actor auditions. No call to hire bartenders. And rock solid info at least some of the artifacts are on their way to HK. I like Bob, and he has had solid info in the past, but i have a hard time believing the AC is simply going to re-open its doors sometime in the next 3 months. But you'll know where to find me if I'm proven wrong...

Right next to me at the bar...buying up drinks?????:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom