Save the Adventurers Club

Did Knee

Yes, AC and BET are one building just like MDP/8TRAX are one building.
That's one reason why I've always advocated re-opening The AC there. Knockout the wall and utilize the BET space. Themed gift shop and restaurant would provide plenty of additional revenue to justify the expenditure.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The wall is not what typically what is supporting the ceiling. It is specific beams in that wall. They can knock a wall out and leave the support beams. Easy peasy.
It will depend on the way the building is constructed. Some construction in Florida will use a post and beam construction in the exterior walls but most will use a structural bearing wall as it is less expensive. However, if it is a structural bearing wall replacing it with posts and beams is typically not that difficult.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy Halloween Adventurers,

At this spirited time of year, I wish that we all could be in 5189 Hill St. enjoying their fine spirits, not only Fingers Zambezi, the paranormal prodigy of the Club's Wurlitzer, but also the Kungaloosh, the Gypsy Moth, Samantha's Passion Potion, etc. However, until or wish comes true of the Club's reopening, I give to you a treat; the Adventurers Club Halloween Jubile!

71jason

It will depend on the way the building is constructed. Some construction in Florida will use a post and beam construction in the exterior walls but most will use a structural bearing wall as it is less expensive. However, if it is a structural bearing wall replacing it with posts and beams is typically not that difficult.

Technically it should be feasible as that was the original 1989 plan for the building (an AdvClub restaurant). Then Michael Eisner happened to be downtown, so the line out the door for Chyenne Saloon, and was like, "PI needs a country & western bar--shove it in somewhere."

Of course, at this point I'd settle for just the Club--or even simply some nightlife--but yes, this fantasy imagineering could work hypothetically. Same as Dark Kingdom.

71jason

Happy Halloween Adventurers,

At this spirited time of year, I wish that we all could be in 5189 Hill St. enjoying their fine spirits, not only Fingers Zambezi, the paranormal prodigy of the Club's Wurlitzer, but also the Kungaloosh, the Gypsy Moth, Samantha's Passion Potion, etc. However, until or wish comes true of the Club's reopening, I give to you a treat; the Adventurers Club Halloween Jubile!

I actually saw an adventurer do a live version of Walking Dead at Kimonos last night. It was epic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was told an electrical company has been contracted to fix up the electrical work inside MDP. I was hoping someone would indicate they saw something to confirm it. So while there is no new info about AC, MDP is definitely getting activity. I also know the big garage door was left unlocked one day and security had to call to get it locked again(drat!).

Permit filed today for Mechnical work at MDP. Has an expiration date 11/30/2012 so must be something small.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...5405.pdf?id=DOC1046S528.A0&parent=DOC1046S528

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom