Save the Adventurers Club

Mouse Detective

Wait a second. There was a recent poster on a different thread that got deleted because his entire premise was riling everyone up about how great Disney was and how lousy Universal was. That is not the case with wdw71fan. While we may not like his message, he could be 100% correct about AC and he has a right to post that. I think he can be a bit less inflammatory to those he disagrees with (nearly everyone on here) but to the extent that he may have actual "information" and not just "hope", he should be welcome to add his opinions and/or facts.

G00fyDad

Wait a second. There was a recent poster on a different thread that got deleted because his entire premise was riling everyone up about how great Disney was and how lousy Universal was. That is not the case with wdw71fan. While we may not like his message, he could be 100% correct about AC and he has a right to post that. I think he can be a bit less inflammatory to those he disagrees with (nearly everyone on here) but to the extent that he may have actual "information" and not just "hope", he should be welcome to add his opinions and/or facts.

Addings opinions is one thing. We welcome those. Adding ideas is even welcome. But to come in and be a complete a**hat about it is totally another thing. We do not epect him to agree with us. What kind of a world would it be if everyone agreed with each other about everything? Pretty boring. We'd just like for him to stop with the inflammatory and snarky comments. We say that we are holding out hope for the club to return and he gets smart about it. :rolleyes:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I hear ya now.. sorry, misunderstood.... and I appreciate your mindedness on this issue..

My 'position' on this is supported by the simply fact that the clubs are closed. disney has said they are closed for good, and new venues will be opening in their place.. I have other things that support my position, but just the public information available supports it well enough.

Did you mean open-mindedness? Or did you invent something new?

Yes the clubs are closed. That is something we can all agree on. However, until TDO does something with the PI site besides letting it sit and rot and plant some grass. Then there is no telling what will happen there.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, why did you dislike PI so much? What exactly happened to you there to turn you against it?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Did you mean open-mindedness? Or did you invent something new?

Yes the clubs are closed. That is something we can all agree on. However, until TDO does something with the PI site besides letting it sit and rot and plant some grass. Then there is no telling what will happen there.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, why did you dislike PI so much? What exactly happened to you there to turn you against it?

He was probably never even old enough to even enter the property when it was open. I find that MOST people who dislike it so much have never even been.

wdw71fan

He was probably never even old enough to even enter the property when it was open. I find that MOST people who dislike it so much have never even been.

For the sake of argument.. I'm in my mid 30's.. so, that's-that on your arguement..

Meanwhile.. as a reply to multiple other posts in here.. there have been a few threads that have 'hated' on PI/AC/etc and ALL have been 'trolled' by posters in this thread .. And not that I care.. I am not interested in an arguement.. I am interested in discussing the realities here..

The reality is that the club is gone forever.. having said that, what would YOU like to see in it's place? (the club rebuilt is not a valid answer)...

not trying to hurt peoples feelings, but I'm also not going to stand-by and have people call me names, attack me personally, whatever.. IF you don't like my opinion.. Don't read it... I am not attacking anyone elses opinion, I am just re-stating reality, and adding my own opinion.

And for what it's worth, this *IS* a private discussion forum.. *OUR* private discussion forum (or Steve's, if you wish) and everyone is entitled to all discussions and posting in all discussions.. Just because you say "This is our thread" doesn't mean I can't post here and share my opinion and viewpoint.. Even if you don't like it.. Even if it makes you sick to your stomach with hatred..

But I digress, I'm not the one name calling... I wonder who is more mature and correct in this situation?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
For the sake of argument.. I'm in my mid 30's.. so, that's-that on your arguement..

Meanwhile.. as a reply to multiple other posts in here.. there have been a few threads that have 'hated' on PI/AC/etc and ALL have been 'trolled' by posters in this thread .. And not that I care.. I am not interested in an arguement.. I am interested in discussing the realities here..

The reality is that the club is gone forever.. having said that, what would YOU like to see in it's place? (the club rebuilt is not a valid answer)...

not trying to hurt peoples feelings, but I'm also not going to stand-by and have people call me names, attack me personally, whatever.. IF you don't like my opinion.. Don't read it... I am not attacking anyone elses opinion, I am just re-stating reality, and adding my own opinion.

And for what it's worth, this *IS* a private discussion forum.. *OUR* private discussion forum (or Steve's, if you wish) and everyone is entitled to all discussions and posting in all discussions.. Just because you say "This is our thread" doesn't mean I can't post here and share my opinion and viewpoint.. Even if you don't like it.. Even if it makes you sick to your stomach with hatred..

But I digress, I'm not the one name calling... I wonder who is more mature and correct in this situation?

Yes, the AC is closed, but there is also nothing to say that it could not return, either in its previous locale or another. So your reality is less total than you may like.

And wondering who is more mature than someone else is fairly pointless. You apparently are reveling in the fact that the AC is closed, as you have a need to repeatedly remind everyone of the fact. Yet you are also aware this is a thread for those who clamor for its return. If you don't wish to engage in such a discussion, the truly mature thing would simply be to ignore the thread, or start another reveling in the demise of the AC. Not asking hypothetical questions that really don't get you anywhere, save more of the negative response you are supposedly too mature to warrant.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

You have a way of side stepping questions and ignoring facts that do not support your arguments.

Firstly, Disney is doing NOTHING with the area formerly known as Pleasure Island. So all your blustery talk about the clubs being gone forever because TDO announced some vague replacement 2 years ago that went nowhere does nothing to prove the AC will not be back.

Secondly, why on earth do you hate PI?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Sad but true. I really, really want to be wrong about this but history and both current actions and inactions point to AC having gone the way of the dinosaur.

Did Knee

My issue with your postings is not the facts as you see them. I completely understand how you have come to your conclusions. My issue is with your tone. Even if I don't agree with something, I try to understand how others feel and do my best to discuss why I disagree without disrespecting them. Your serious disrespect for the feelings of others regarding the AC often feels rather callous. You laugh at the profound loss some of us feel for that club. That is just wrong.

Mouse Detective

More than 3 years ago Disney announced they were closing AC and the other clubs, to be replaced with new and bold. It hasn't happened. Paradiso 37 opened but it was already under construction and had nothing to do with the closures. When something did get finally announced <hyperion wharf>, it got put on hold or totally canceled. Two club buildings got demolished but everything else is exactly as it was when they closed, except that they are now stripped and deserted. All signs point to Disney not know what they're going to do with the space. And so I'm with those who have posted that until they announce their intent for the spaces, there is a chance those spaces might reopen back to what they were.

wdw71fan

More than 3 years ago Disney announced they were closing AC and the other clubs, to be replaced with new and bold. It hasn't happened. Paradiso 37 opened but it was already under construction and had nothing to do with the closures. When something did get finally announced <hyperion wharf>, it got put on hold or totally canceled. Two club buildings got demolished but everything else is exactly as it was when they closed, except that they are now stripped and deserted. All signs point to Disney not know what they're going to do with the space. And so I'm with those who have posted that until they announce their intent for the spaces, there is a chance those spaces might reopen back to what they were.

Switching gears for a second.. all of my posts have been based on public release and personal opinion.. This post is based on other information which I have, but am not at liberty to disclose specifics or sources.. I hope you understand, and you can take it with a grain of salt, as I am sure most will..

There are several options for DTD .. It's important to note that the powers that be don't refer to this section as 'Pleasure Island' .. it's simply 'more space at DTD' thats it..

Of the options (and expect to hear more public release on the plans soon) reopening the clubs s they were, is not even being considered. Steve has even posted this on here several times.. So don't take just my word for it.

Could that change? I guess so.. But the earth could plummet into the Sun too, but it's not happening.. Management does not consider the clubs a failure, but they do consider that it 'ran it's course'...

Love it, or hate it, this is the course we are on..

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Switching gears for a second.. all of my posts have been based on public release and personal opinion.. This post is based on other information which I have, but am not at liberty to disclose specifics or sources.. I hope you understand, and you can take it with a grain of salt, as I am sure most will..

There are several options for DTD .. It's important to note that the powers that be don't refer to this section as 'Pleasure Island' .. it's simply 'more space at DTD' thats it..

Of the options (and expect to hear more public release on the plans soon) reopening the clubs s they were, is not even being considered. Steve has even posted this on here several times.. So don't take just my word for it.

Could that change? I guess so.. But the earth could plummet into the Sun too, but it's not happening.. Management does not consider the clubs a failure, but they do consider that it 'ran it's course'...

Love it, or hate it, this is the course we are on..

But, why do you love that PI is gone?

Master Gracey

Original Poster

Last I checked, the giant lit up sign over the island still reads "Pleasure Island", as well as all the road signage, scrolling bus signs, maps and other official material.

wdw71fan

you know what rhymes with that? :)

I understand what it is referred to publically, but my point is there are no such things as "Pleasure Island Redevelopment Plans"... internally it's just refered to as the lot zones on the property, thats it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom