Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, here we are, another Christmas Eve and yet another year that I wish that we could all gather in in the Main Salon at midnight to hear our favorite people recite "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Well, once again to simulate the experience, here is the only other YouTube recording that I have ever seen of this very event! So, prepaire your favorite beverage, be it egg nog, wassail or a frost Kungaloosh, press play, and let us all dream and wish that next year at this time that we will all be in the Main Salon together again, one big, adventurous family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnFb9crSKg8

Merry Christmas and Kungaloosh!

P.S. Shooting off a few more letters and some of those Pleasure Island surveys to the Executives couldn't hurt either!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Finaly got to attend the Comedy Warehouse Christmas Special show and the Warehouse crew is still at the top of their game! The show that I saw was a standing room only crowd and from what my friends that work the area tell me, that is what ever show has been since the first one on Christmas Day. Also it seems that the crowds have been about 1/3 tourists and 2/3 "Pleasure Island Fans/Annual Passholders/Locals/Cast Members", due to a large number of Adventurers Club/Pleasure Island shirts and other accoutrements. So hopefully this will send Disney a message that there is still a demographic that enjoys the Warehouse and Adv Clubs entertainments and a large number of locals and returning guests who still want Disney to take them into account (and not just the one time "magical" family vacation) and that there is still an Island waiting for nightlife to be reborn!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Scooter

Finaly got to attend the Comedy Warehouse Christmas Special show and the Warehouse crew is still at the top of their game! The show that I saw was a standing room only crowd and from what my friends that work the area tell me, that is what ever show has been since the first one on Christmas Day. Also it seems that the crowds have been about 1/3 tourists and 2/3 "Pleasure Island Fans/Annual Passholders/Locals/Cast Members", due to a large number of Adventurers Club/Pleasure Island shirts and other accoutrements. So hopefully this will send Disney a message that there is still a demographic that enjoys the Warehouse and Adv Clubs entertainments and a large number of locals and returning guests who still want Disney to take them into account (and not just the one time "magical" family vacation) and that there is still an Island waiting for nightlife to be reborn!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

I wish we could believe you, but unfortunately, every post you have recently submitted has pretty much put a damper on your reliablility when it comes to actual facts in regards to the AC. While I admire your perseverance, your credibility has turned into merely wishful thinking.

Some Days the mouse eats you
Some Days you wish you hadn't been eaten
But the bottom line is...and we're closing in on 4 years now...you have been eaten...and you're dead.
...and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it.:ROFLOL:

asianway

I wish we could believe you, but unfortunately, every post you have recently submitted has pretty much put a damper on your reliablility when it comes to actual facts in regards to the AC. While I admire your perseverance, your credibility has turned into merely wishful thinking.

Some Days the mouse eats you
Some Days you wish you hadn't been eaten
But the bottom line is...and we're closing in on 4 years now...you have been eaten...and you're dead.
...and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it.:ROFLOL:

Ive been to 3 of the 18 shows so far, all were Standing Room Only.

The Comedy Warehouse is actually back 4 years later, I hardly call that wishful thinking. If CW can return, so can the AC.

Thurp

Finaly got to attend the Comedy Warehouse Christmas Special show and the Warehouse crew is still at the top of their game!

I saw you there in line for yesterday's last show, in fact, I was pretty much behind you. I tried to find a moment to introduce myself but you guys were deep in conversation and laughs and I didn't want to interrupt. Next time!

It was indeed a great show and seeing such a big crowd seeking that kind of entertainment once again was uplifting.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I must get over there and watch the CW show with my "Dopey Decision, reopen the clubs" tshirt made at the Hanes Tshirt Factory, along with "don't be bashful, reopen the clubs" Maybe Friday after work!

71jason

Been to three shows, talked to others who have been to more, yet to hear of one that wasn't full. Since the first day, all have been "standing room only"/"be glad the fire marshal is on the TDO payroll" full. And before you say, it's Christmas week, everything is full, right before my first show I walked onto a GMR car that went off 2/3 empty.

Unlike MG, I have seen few CMs or former PI fans--maybe a half dozen or so at the first show, fewer since. Mrs. Gracie says Monday had a lot of obvious CMs in the audience, for whatever reason, but both shows I caught yesterday seemed packed with out-of-towners.

A little mouse tells me everyone short of Meg Crofton has popped into these shows. TDO is aware of this phenomenon (and I don't use that word lightly). What comes of it I don't know, but I can't help but think--this is only the club that LOST money.

GLaDOS

Been to three shows, talked to others who have been to more, yet to hear of one that wasn't full. Since the first day, all have been "standing room only"/"be glad the fire marshal is on the TDO payroll" full. And before you say, it's Christmas week, everything is full, right before my first show I walked onto a GMR car that went off 2/3 empty.

Unlike MG, I have seen few CMs or former PI fans--maybe a half dozen or so at the first show, fewer since. Mrs. Gracie says Monday had a lot of obvious CMs in the audience, for whatever reason, but both shows I caught yesterday seemed packed with out-of-towners.

A little mouse tells me everyone short of Meg Crofton has popped into these shows. TDO is aware of this phenomenon (and I don't use that word lightly). What comes of it I don't know, but I can't help but think--this is only the club that LOST money.

Shows what can happen if Disney puts itself out there and actually promotes things like this.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just a thought, but does anyone think that the great attendance might be due to DHS being somewhere between a phase 1 and 2 closure?

asianway

Just a thought, but does anyone think that the great attendance might be due to DHS being somewhere between a phase 1 and 2 closure?

My 3 shows were all yesterday and no phase closings in effect for studios at all-they hadn't even started filling the fourth lot yet, so it wasn't even SWW full yet

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My 3 shows were all yesterday and no phase closings in effect for studios at all-they hadn't even started filling the fourth lot yet, so it wasn't even SWW full yet
And how many people did you see going to multiple shows just like you were? If this is still there in early January and February and still pulling capacity crowds then you will have something. With the crowds currently at WDW, an open mike comedy show would be playing to capacity crowds.

71jason

So are the CW shows at the physical Comedy Warehouse on Pleasure Island or are they just CW shows going on somewhere else?

In the old "Sounds Dangerous" building, next to American Idol. Old CW building remains vacant.

(A) There were no phased DHS closings on either day I saw shows. Busy yes, but not at capacity either day. I heard MK went to Phase 1 Christmas morning, but otherwise, no word on any closings. Aren't they usually posted on the main site?

(B) If you re-read my post, I went directly from GMR to the first CW show. GMR was a walk-on, and the car went off 2/3 empty. So it's not like any random attraction can pull crowds. Nor has there been a whole lot of promotion for this outside the online fanboi community. Just a blurb on the map and a sandwich board outside the building.

For the record, I think I stressed I haven't seen a lot of PI regulars. I just think the idea of live improv comedy appeals to people more than, say, static mannequins dressed like a Busby Berkley musical. My guess is that the vast majority of these crowds never even heard of the original CW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom