Save the Adventurers Club

Rob562

Update on the club:

Chairs have been removed from the Main Salon and tables have been removed from the library to make more room for crowds.

Apparently, a screen (sheet) has been put up in the Main Salon where video from the library is projected onto.

The Babalonia glasses have sold out, and they are now selling the Yakoose ones.

I went on three nights last week.
On Tuesday the chairs and tables in the Main Salon were gone, but the usual tables and chairs setup were still in the Library. By Friday night the Library was all chairs. (I didn't go into the Library on Thursday, so not sure which day the switch happened).

There was another edition of the AC glasses in between Babylonia and the Yakoose featuring Harold and Claude, the masks in the Mask Room. I got a pair of those. Unfortunately they still had about 100 left at the end of Friday night, and I left for home on Saturday, so I just missed the Yakoose cups.

The screen worked fairly well during the Hoopla on Friday. The projector is pretty well hidden on the floor of the mezzanine just inside the revolving entry door. They were using the security/stage manager hidden cameras and switching between them as best they could. I figure in a few days they'll have it down to a science. Just dont' expect high-quality video, as the security cameras weren't designed for this. (Though apparently they learned their lesson and didn't switch the video on until AFTER the Library had filled up because the first time they used it everyone stayed in the Salon to watch the video). There's a model plane hanging from above that gets in the way of the projection, so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes away very soon. They pipe the audio of the show out of the radio on the wall above the Mask Room archway that normally just gives background music.

-Rob

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The screen worked fairly well during the Hoopla on Friday. The projector is pretty well hidden on the floor of the mezzanine just inside the revolving entry door. They were using the security/stage manager hidden cameras and switching between them as best they could. I figure in a few days they'll have it down to a science. Just dont' expect high-quality video, as the security cameras weren't designed for this. (Though apparently they learned their lesson and didn't switch the video on until AFTER the Library had filled up because the first time they used it everyone stayed in the Salon to watch the video). There's a model plane hanging from above that gets in the way of the projection, so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes away very soon. They pipe the audio of the show out of the radio on the wall above the Mask Room archway that normally just gives background music.

-Rob

HOOPLA!!!!

:sohappy::sohappy: I couldn't resist!

TOCPE82

If anyone wants to trade me a Claude and Arnie cup for a Babalonia let me know.......

I already have a Yakloose on the way, I think.

The other ones have to be Beezel and The Colonial, I would think.

Thurp

Sorry for the very low quality. Someone can probably do much better:

accupsfront.jpg

accupsback.jpg

Coaster3001

So last time I was at the club I asked what the other cups would be. They said was next was The Colonial followed by a cup that said Kungaloosh.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Adventurers, with one week left of our beloved Club, I just want to say, that now is not the time to give up and march into the sunset singing the song of Adventurers. Now is the time that the battle really needs to get started. While the flood of “Save the Adventurers Club” letters, emails, phone calls, ect. have been sent to Disney Executives, soon we will need to send “Bring Back the Adventurers Club” paraphernalia! While Disney took notice that there is a huge demographic of Adventurers wanting their club to stay, they also need to know that after Sept. 27th, we are not going away. Jennifer Harmless, on the “Save the Adventurers Club” Facebook Group posted this message:

I just posted this on the Yahoo group, but I want as MANY people as possible to do this!! Ok, so we all pretty much KNOW that the Adventurer's Club is closing, but what if they do have some plans to reopen it? What if they are still considering those plans? What if they get thousands of phone calls, letters, emails, pictures, maps, etc., in the next few weeks/months? This COULD make a difference in the potential future of this AMAZING club!

I beg every single one of you to call all the numbers you can find, email all the addresses you can find, multiple times from multiple addresses if you can, and send them letters. Write two or three to each person. Keep them short and simple, the more the better. Also if you have any old pics from previous trips, make copies and mail those in with a note that says something about how much it meant to you, or how angry you are that it is being taken away. Disney LIVES on guest satisfaction. Make it glaringly obvious how DISSATISFIED we are with their decision. Tell them very clearly that any change to the club, other than perhaps making it a little larger, would be DISASTROUS. TAKE ACTION PLEASE! If all of us can do this it just might make a difference, and wouldn't that be worth it?

I'm working on postcard images and other graphics to use to send to Disney. I want all of us to hit Disney HARD to force them to reconsider their decision. If anyone wants some images to used or wants to request particular graphics for their own "save the AC" campaign please let me know. my email is harmless@gmail.com

As far as any of my contacts in Celebration know, there is nothing definite going into the Adventurers Club area, so there is still a possibility of getting the club back in its original location! So adventurers, I leave you for now with original concept art of Pleasure Island, and the Adventurers Club Main Salon. Until next time:
PleasureIslandConceptArt.jpg

AdventurersClubConceptArt.jpg

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

How hard has it been to get into the club the last few days? I'm thinking about flying out and visiting one last time this Weds and i'm wondering if its even worth it. Any insight?

markc

How hard has it been to get into the club the last few days? I'm thinking about flying out and visiting one last time this Weds and i'm wondering if its even worth it. Any insight?

The club isnt hard to get into - on the weekdays, it's been relatively empty....and on the weekends, it's been crowded (but not packed). I think Disney expected more people to be at PI on it's last two weeks, but so far, I have not seen anything to suggest that it actually will be.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Originally Posted by MyNameisStitch

The club isnt hard to get into - on the weekdays, it's been relatively empty....and on the weekends, it's been crowded (but not packed). I think Disney expected more people to be at PI on it's last two weeks, but so far, I have not seen anything to suggest that it actually will be.

Actually, from the reports I recieved of the past week, it has been swarmed! As one would expect, the Adventurers Club is as popular as it always has been!

KUNGALOOSH!

markc

Master Gracey, I suspect your reports are from fervent lovers of the Adventurers' Club making something out of nothing. It hasn't been swarmed by any means. I think tonight was the first time where it has been really busy in awhile. I've been there every day this week, and the crowd levels have been no different than they have been any other week this year.

Actually, from the reports I recieved of the past week, it has been swarmed! As one would expect, the Adventurers Club is as popular as it always has been!

KUNGALOOSH!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Master Gracey, I suspect your reports are from fervent lovers of the Adventurers' Club making something out of nothing. It hasn't been swarmed by any means. I think tonight was the first time where it has been really busy in awhile. I've been there every day this week, and the crowd levels have been no different than they have been any other week this year.

Actually, they were reports from a few of the managers I know that work Pleasure Island. While most of the Island hasn't been very busy, The Adventurers Club's Main Salon has been packed so tight that the actors have been mingling on the Zebra Mezzanine (where nothing usually happens)! I believe that this picture I received from a friend, that was taken on Friday, Sept. 19th (at about 9:00PM, after the club had been open since 6:00PM, with all paying customers, for cast members did not get in free that night) speaks volumes about the club's true popularity! For goodness sake, it has an outdoor queue!

LinetoGetin.jpg

Also, I do not understand why people are posting on a thread entitled "Save the Adventurers Club" posts that are downplaying the fact that The Adventurers Club is still very popular, it is incredibly busy, it has been making a great deal of money for the Walt Disney Company, and most importantly, guests continue to love it!. I can't help but wonder if there are Disney Execs lurking about the forums attempting to mask the truth that their decision to close our beloved Adventurers Club was the wrong choice. But that possibly is just my conspiracy theory brain being overactive again. Ending on that thought, until next time Adventurers:

KUNGALOOSH!

TOCPE82

I have several extra Babalonia glasses and would be willing to trade them for others. I apparently have a Yakoose and Colonial on the way. I need Arnie and Claude, and whatever the 5th glass is.

Bryan / aenima0311 on aim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom