Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, or All Star Music?

aleshad01

We have our Disney vacation already booked and are staying at All Star Music Sept. 7-13 and have the free dining. Well, today I got a flyer in the mail that we can stay at Saratoga Springs or Old Key West in a studio for only $165 a night. I am thinking of calling and changing to one of them but are the studio rooms at these hotels any bigger then at All star Music?

wdwfan100

Actually, Yes. I beleive that the studio rooms are a little bigger. They also have a sink, microwave, toaster and refridgerator. The atmosphere is also quite a bit nicer. I say go for it.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Don't know if this is true or not, maybe someone on the forums knows the answer to this, but I heard somewhere that housekeeping service is an extra charge at the DVC villas.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

studio rooms at DVC resorts have a bed and a pull out couch instead of 2 beds you'd get at the All Stars.

Mousekeeping is not extra if you are not staying on DVC points, it is treated as though you are staying anywhere else on property if you are a paying guest.

I've stayed at SSR and All Star music but not OKW. I'd take SSR over any All Star especially at a bargain price. SSR is HUGE and has several bus stops. If you are looking for something smaller and more quaint I'd give OKW a whirl.

You'll also want to check and see if you can still have free dining with that bargain price.

Hope you have a great time no matter where you wind up staying!

Upvote 0

aleshad01

Original Poster
How much is the mousekeeping? Also we wouldn't be staying on DVC points. This offer is something that came in the mail from Disney today. We have a Disney card so I'm sure its because of that.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Call and see if it is even available. We wanted to upgrade opur resort at the end of August and most everything is booked solid. I think the CM said only PR was left.:eek:

$165 is a deal. We hung around SSR for a day and it was awesome.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Old Key West gets my vote. I stayed there once because it was the only thing available, and it might have been the nicest place I've stayed on property to this day.

Didn't it just recently get a new and upgraded swimming pool? If not, my vote might be for SSR, but I'd stay at either or both before staying at All Stars, which is the Motel 6 of Disney resorts. :wave:

Upvote 0

eroyee

You may lose your free dining. better find that out first. sometimes you cant get 2 "special" deals at once, like a discount on a room and free dining, etc...

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Definitely one of the two DVC resorts if you have that offer.
Between the two, I would choose OKW with the larger room size and the proximity to the parks. Rooms also have jacuzzi's!

Upvote 0

GoofyforWDW

studio rooms at DVC resorts have a bed and a pull out couch instead of 2 beds you'd get at the All Stars.

Mousekeeping is not extra if you are not staying on DVC points, it is treated as though you are staying anywhere else on property if you are a paying guest.

Studios at OKW actually have 2 double beds not 1 bed and pull out. They are the biggest studio's out of all DVC properties. They are larger than standard rooms.

If you are paying cash you should get mousekeeping included.

Also if you are paying cash then there should be no problem getting DDP free.

If I was to pick from OKW or SSR I would pick OKW, SSR was a little too spread out for us. Dont get me wrong if was nice but if I had to choose I would say OKW.

Have fun whichever you choose!

Upvote 0

disneyfan56

OKW has 2 queen-size bed in each studio, no couch.

We love it at OKW and usually book there even though our home resort is Beach Club.

The pool has recently been redone; it now has a water slide.

Upvote 0

peachypear14

Old Key West all the way

My vote is without question, for OKW. It is so charming, has an awesome main pool (as well as a number of standard pools) and the rooms are larger. There was an aspect of privacy that we didn't get at other resorts. The buses are NEVER crowded and come quite frequently. I stayed there last June, and loved it! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

maryszhi

We have our Disney vacation already booked and are staying at All Star Music Sept. 7-13 and have the free dining. Well, today I got a flyer in the mail that we can stay at Saratoga Springs or Old Key West in a studio for only $165 a night. I am thinking of calling and changing to one of them but are the studio rooms at these hotels any bigger then at All star Music?
yep! they have more amentities. i would choose saratoga bc of the three has the best theme and atmosphere, and is the newer hotel.
my fav. dvc is beach club

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Don't know if this is true or not, maybe someone on the forums knows the answer to this, but I heard somewhere that housekeeping service is an extra charge at the DVC villas.
if your not on points its free. If you use points, and you choose more housekeeping then what is the norm: once when you come , third day, day you leave.

Upvote 0

aleshad01

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am going to call tomorrow and see if anything at OKW is available and if we can still get the free dining. If not then we will just stay at All Star Music.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I'm assuming you will still get free dining. I would upgrade to OKW or SSR. OKW has a Hemingway room that I'd love to see. If you stay there, take some great pics for me. :)

Upvote 0

Yankeeplex

We stay @ Saratoga Springs every time because of the proximity to DD and the beautiful grounds. It really feels like an upstate NY spa. We stay in a 3bd villa, but we have seen the studios and they are still pretty sweet. Not to mention, you get all the amenities that go along with staying there. A no brainer if you can afford it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom