sandals

Do the Teva Olowahu sandals become slippery when wet? What about the Sanuk Yoga mat sandals?

I worry because I was washing my car the other day in the sandals I was planning on wearing on our trip and they got wet and I almost fell flat on my butt, ha ha.

DisGal

Do the Teva Olowahu sandals become slippery when wet? What about the Sanuk Yoga mat sandals?

I worry because I was washing my car the other day in the sandals I was planning on wearing on our trip and they got wet and I almost fell flat on my butt, ha ha.

I've never had a problem with the Sanuk sandals becoming slippery when they got wet.

partyoffour

Original Poster
Oh my gosh now I have to many choices ! LOL
Thanks everyone keep them all coming. I have been going around to shoe stores trying on differ sandals ! LOL :ROFLOL:

jennc2001

Question: We're going in December...I've never been in December before so I was wondering if flip flops or sandals would even be necessary or just tennis shoes??

Also, I have a pair of yellow box flip flops and I LOVE them!!!! I've had them almost 2 years and they're just as comfy as they were when I first bought them. I actually went for a hike in them the day after I purchased them and I've never gotten a blister or anything out of them!

Sarah Rae

I have a pair of Teva sandals...
teva2.jpg

This is what they look like on (far right):
DoeLake2009451.jpg

I love them. I bought them for my job at a summer camp last year, and wore them for whole Disney trip this year. I've never had any problems with them. My mother even bought a pair because she has problems with one of her feet, and her foot doesn't hurt at all when she wears these. They`re very comfy, and I think they look a bit nicer than the traditional Tevas.

I bought them at Europe Bound last spring, but they`re also available at http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=w&categoryID=425&productID=6510&model=Ventura+Cork

Looks like there`s a newer version, as well, which I might have to look into for myself!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I wore flip flops around Epcot and MK and on Day 3 of 5 I couldn't walk on my right foot. Every time I'd even think of moving my toes it felt like a knife was going through my foot. Turns out because of when I broke my left ankle 10 years ago I was putting all my weight on my right foot and caused 3 stress fractures in the middle portion of my foot between my ankle/toes. Sucks :(

WEAR SHOES OR SANDALS WITH HEEL STRAPS!

This is an absolute must for me. I wear flip flops at home all the time, but when long periods of walking are involved, my feet (and shins) will start to hurt in flip flops. That is why I love Tevas. They feel just as secure on my feet as sneakers do.

The Olowahu shoes are decent when wet. Not as good as some of their other sandals I have, but safe when wet.

dicaxpuella

I'm amazed I got this far into the discussion and no one's mentioned my favorite sandals yet - Keens! There's a ton of designs/colors, but this is a popular model (and the one I have), the Newport h2:
BVsBI.jpg

The pair I bought in 2007 are still going strong for me (and look almost as good as the day I bought them). Even though no one's mentioned them yet, I've seen a ton of them at the 'world.

jennc2001

I'm amazed I got this far into the discussion and no one's mentioned my favorite sandals yet - Keens! There's a ton of designs/colors, but this is a popular model (and the one I have), the Newport h2:
BVsBI.jpg

The pair I bought in 2007 are still going strong for me (and look almost as good as the day I bought them). Even though no one's mentioned them yet, I've seen a ton of them at the 'world.

My SIL and her husband both have these and love them!

Disney05

I never have and never will wear sandals. They're just not for me. I"m most comfortable in a pair of Nike's. But I have to admit, the Keens look interesting.

I am a Crocs wearer at the World also...the Mickey Maryjanes are my faves. Another thing I have learned is to NOT wear the same shoes everyday. That is another reason for the Crocs for me, they are light and multiple pairs can be packed. I can honestly say I have not worn any other type of shoes in the past four yrs while @ WDW, with 2-3 visits a yr. Hope you have a wonderful vacay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom