Sandals at the World

shoppingnut

speck76 said:
what about the "slipper people" that walk around the parks in pajamas and slippers......:veryconfu

Park commandos that didn't want to take the time to shower & dress, just wanted to head right to the park???

speck76

shoppingnut said:
Park commandos that didn't want to take the time to shower & dress, just wanted to head right to the park???
no...I think it is a fashion statement.....if it can be called that

shoppingnut

speck76 said:
no...I think it is a fashion statement.....if it can be called that

Well they are a little too late as that fashion statement goes, that was years ago. They need to get with it and do a little wardrobe updating, that is so last minute.:lol:

speck76

shoppingnut said:
Well they are a little too late as that fashion statement goes, that was years ago. They need to get with it and do a little wardrobe updating, that is so last minute.:lol:

this is the next trend....I call it "loud colours with metallic fish"

Buried20KLeague

Tevas or Nike sandals work great for me... Anything with a rubber makeup. That way I don't have to worry about shoes getting wet on water rides... 5 minutes after getting off any water ride, my feet are back to dry.

NOTHING worse than wet socks and shoes. Ew.

tink81

As someone said earlier, Crocs are very comfy and every retailer now has thier own knock-off version so you can get a pair for like $10. I have narrow feet though, so I don't think I could wear them to the parks, so I have to stick with my flips, never had a problem.

Ducky_Love

tink81 said:
As someone said earlier, Crocs are very comfy and every retailer now has thier own knock-off version so you can get a pair for like $10.

Beware of cheap crocs! I bought a pair on a whim and they gave me a blister after just one morning in the parks. I have a pair of "real" crocs in the Caymen & Aspen models-- they are absolute heaven! Now I don't travel anywhere without my crocs. They are ugly.. but nothing is more comfy!

YankeeMouse

Crocs

My first post on this site was because of a similar question of what kind of footwear to wear in the parks. I was so enthusiastic about my Crocs that I submitted a reply to this thread. I can't say enough about these shoes. I used to get blisters on my toes from the miles and miles of walking no matter what type of shoes I wore. The Crocs are amazing and have changed my life! I now just bring one extra pair of Crocs and the Crocs on my feet, and that's it. If it rains, they dry out right away, and are even used as boat shoes due to their "hold" on surfaces. I work at a hospital and have almost all the colors. I'm addicted...to Disney and to Crocs!...www.crocsinc.com

Ducky_Love

Random Thought For The Day: I wish Crocs / Disney would make a pair of Crocs with the Mickey head (ºOº) instead of just circles. It seems like it would be really easy to do and I think they would be wildly popular.

That it all... :lookaroun

bucklmd

I am going to add one vote to the "Reef" party. I have had 6-7 pair of them and they always feel great. I will say, the thicker the sole, the better. I wore a pair around the parks for 4 days straight last year, and my feet hurt by the end of the trip. If I were going that long again, I would throw a pair of sneaks or something with more support in the mix for at least a day.

And I give 2 thumbs down to those Crocs. I'm sure they are comfy and that's good, but they are really ugly. It's like advertising to the world that you really don't care what you look like. They may be OK with pants or utilitarian puposes, but with shorts in the summer, :hurl:

LilDucky

I caved in not too long ago, and bought a pair of Crocs. Personally, I think they're fugly as sin, but they are so comfortable. I would recommend a pair to anyone!

Flip-Flops are iffy for me. Those cheap Old Navy flips are comfortable for a short casual wear, but the one time I wore them out to the parks just about killed me! But that may be just me. :dazzle: Teva flip flops are comfortable though. In the end, I prefer to wear my New Balances :)

Tramp

suzie said:
Thank you Mainstreet USA, for starting this thread.

Very useful, I now know of many brands that people like and I'm ready to go shopping, of course sunscreen to protect the top of the feet and bodyglide for blisters.

You guys are wonderful.

Thank you again.

Suzie....I sent you a PM...I'd like to know more about BODYGLIDE.

Does anyone else use this product and does it truly prevent blisters? We invariably wind up using bandaides and cotton to prevent the friction between toes. We spend 3 weeks of hard walking at the World and we've never managed to escape with at least one painful blister.

If you use BODYGLIDE, where do you buy it?

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Heya, Tramp!

They also have other brands of similar stuff out there. I used "MoleSkin", which you can buy at wal mart or really any other department store over by the band aids. The only downside seems to be that enough rubbing on top of the liquid bandage will, of course, rub it off within a couple hours, so you're either stuck re-applying it and waiting for it to dry again, or just suffering the rest of the day. I have no idea if Bodyglide is any better.

Tramp

Main Street USA said:
Heya, Tramp!

They also have other brands of similar stuff out there. I used "MoleSkin", which you can buy at wal mart or really any other department store over by the band aids. The only downside seems to be that enough rubbing on top of the liquid bandage will, of course, rub it off within a couple hours, so you're either stuck re-applying it and waiting for it to dry again, or just suffering the rest of the day. I have no idea if Bodyglide is any better.

Thanks Zac....I've seen MOLESKIN in the stores. I'm hoping that BODYGLIDE would be some sort of lubricant that doesn't rub off under the grueling punishment of WDW.

...and flip-flops will always be 'thongs' to me just as much as the TTA will always be the Wedway...there are some things this old dog won't let go of. :lol: Do they still sell PF Flyers? :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom