Sandals at the World

MSTINKHERBELL01

Hi, I wear my lovely Old Navy sandals alot and I visit the World once a month. I also like to stroll around in my Pink and Grey sneakers. Sandals can be a bit uncomfy at times for me...they seem to hurt my ankles probably due to lack of support...but that's just moi. I still prefer them.

DisneyJill

Main Street USA said:
Thanks so much for popping into a thread you have no interest in to be a jerk. Just don't click on it if you don't want to read it, genius. All you did was bump it back to the top. Thanks! :)

I must have missed the election where you were voted king of everything and ruler of wdwmagic...:)

On a side note, I always wear flip flops into the park. Rocket Dogs. VERY comfy.

Stitch's Cousin

Whatever you decide to wear (sandals or tennies), I recommend using Body Glide. It's an invisible barrier you can apply to your feet to help prevent rubbing and blisters. I'm told that long distance runners often use it. I read about it in a similar thread and have used it ever since with great results.

Good luck!

MomofKatie

I like sandals much more than tennis shoes for park touring. My favorites are, in no particular order:

Clark's sport-style sandals
Crocs Beach - I haven't tried the flip flops yet.
Birkenstocks
Bass flip flops- the ones with the black foam rubber soles- extremely cushy!!
Just got some Rocket Dog flippies (that's what DD calls them)- they seem pretty comfy.

Tennies w/socks give me terrible blisters, and they are really uncomfortable when they get wet (which they do frequently between the FL rainstorms and all the rides that splash water on you). Sandals just feel nicer all around.

I second the Body Glide suggestion- works wonders for blister prevention!!

suzie

Thank you

Thank you Mainstreet USA, for starting this thread.

Very useful, I now know of many brands that people like and I'm ready to go shopping, of course sunscreen to protect the top of the feet and bodyglide for blisters.

You guys are wonderful.

Thank you again.

EpcoTim

I wear standard issue Birkenstocks. Always have. Never had a problem, ever felt fatigue. Of course, I always would go barefoot all the time when I lived in AZ and Vegas, so I'm used to it.

Also, Bells stores, in Fla, their house brand is really comfy, even without a break in period. I bought a pair there last time I was in Fla, for 26 bucks. Wore them for 5 straight days, at the parks, open to close, not so much as the slightest pain. I now have my dad send me pairs of them when he goes there. The only problem with them is that after a few months usage, they stretch out a lot, and become to big for my feet. But for 26 bucks, I don't mind. Of course, the poor vietnamese 8 year old who stitched them would probably cry if he read that.

Pongo

Rainbows are the best if you can stand the thong style with the strap between your first and second toes. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Regarding the tirade on sandals a few pages back, I have to disagree on every level.

I'm from a beach community in Florida. Down here, it just makes sense to wear flip-flops everywhere - and i do. I even wear them everyday to school. There is no rule against it in the dress code. I never wear any other shoes unless it's a special occasion (school dance, holiday) or when I'm running. Every other time, you'll always see me in flip-flops.

It's a regional thing. It may not be acceptable to see flip-flops everywhere in NJ, but it's cold up there for much of the year. In Florida, it's no surprise to see most people wearing sandals.

Like I said, it just makes sense. And I will keep wearing my Rainbows to the parks as long as I'm allowed to. Which will be a long time.

bsandersjr

Main Street USA said:
Thanks so much for popping into a thread you have no interest in to be a jerk. Just don't click on it if you don't want to read it, genius. All you did was bump it back to the top. Thanks! :)

:sohappy:

speck76

jesserin said:
I disagree on so many levels... first of all - if find is sooo very funny that you wear black paratrooper boots in the parks - and say we have "little decorum" for wearing appropriate outdoor wear... aka... flip flops....

Secondly, i'm sorry that you feel our choice of footwear would make your experience at disney better... it is sooo weird.

Thirdly, an insult to footwear in my opinion would fall in the boot catagory to an amusment park - certainly not flip flops...

And lastly - obviously i love my flops - and wear them daily to the parks... but then again... I have cute feet and like my toes - so for me flip flops are just another form of expression.

Here's a link to the world's most comfortable (IMHO) flip flops... :) I have them in many colors and styles - but have 2 favorites... they last nearly forever... and have tons of support... I highly recommend these to anyone who enjoys wearing flops for 12 hour days of walking! :wave:

www.rainbowsandals.com
a little agressive with your opinion Jesserin.....you may like flip-flops, but they are not for everyone....much like black boots.....

I don't mind sandals, I wear them myself.....I would not wear flip-flops, and I am very glad WDW Resorts do not allow them in the nicer restaurants....they last thing I want is nasty feet around me while I am eating a multi-hundred dollar meal....In the parks, in the middle of the summer...who cares, but much like t-shirts, they have a time and place.....

Main Street USA

Original Poster
DisneyJill said:
I must have missed the election where you were voted king of everything and ruler of wdwmagic...:)

On a side note, I always wear flip flops into the park. Rocket Dogs. VERY comfy.
I sort of figured you would follow me into another thread to insult me for calling out your bad comparison of Hilton and Disney.

Ah well, I'll let it slide. You know, being King and all, I try to do what I can do let the peasants like you run free now and again. ;)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Thanks for all the links, guys and gals!

I see many have mentioned reefs. I may have to give those a try. I refuse to put crocs on my feet, however, as I think they're the ugliest ANYTHING to hit the market in my lifetime. They apparently feel great, but man, crocs with shorts is a BAD look.

DisneyJill

Main Street USA said:
I sort of figured you would follow me into another thread to insult me for calling out your bad comparison of Hilton and Disney.

Ah well, I'll let it slide. You know, being King and all, I try to do what I can do let the peasants like you run free now and again. ;)

I didn't follow you anywhere, I thought this was a thread that anyone was welcome to post in? I wear sandals, I offered an opinion. I apologize that my presence continually seems to offend you-I suppose what with being a "peasant" and all, it would be offensive to just about anyone. :p <--Denotes that I am seriously KIDDING and way over this bickering! Stop the madness!!! Sandals for all! :lol:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
DisneyJill said:
I didn't follow you anywhere, I thought this was a thread that anyone was welcome to post in? I wear sandals, I offered an opinion. I apologize that my presence continually seems to offend you-I suppose what with being a "peasant" and all, it would be offensive to just about anyone. :p <--Denotes that I am seriously KIDDING and way over this bickering! Stop the madness!!! Sandals for all! :lol:
You DID follow me! Follower! You don't deserve to discuss the sandals of the world!

Gucci65

Long live the King!!!!:king:

I have tried many different sandals during the summer at WDW and the only brand that did not blister my feet were Tevas.

BUT I'm thinking now I need to try some Reefs. Hmmmmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom