Sadly DLP Cast Members just don't cut it!

Vegas Disney Fan

There's no one to blame but management here. It's in their hands to resolve this. CM's are only asking for better pay and better working conditions. If you have a trip planned in the very near future, I think it's better to reschedule or cancel. If you feel like complaining that this is going too far, you should probably also channel that energy towards DLP management since they have the power to end the strike immediately.
It’s not that easy, if they instantly give the CMs a raise every time they demand one the demands will never end. It’s a game, they have to play it to maintain a balance.

That’s true of any business, the gamesmanship, using the press… it’s just part of the process to reach a compromise in the middle.

Sir_Cliff

"The theme park’s staffers are demanding a raise of €200 per month, and are asking to be paid a double rate for Sunday shifts. They’re also demanding to receive some indemnities for the commute to Marne-la-Vallée, which is located about 32 kilometers from Paris."

Hmm, surely paying double on Sundays would make it line-ball as to whether it's worth staying open on Sundays?

I guess in negotiations you start with everything you would want in an ideal world and hope to get as close as possible. Must say, though, these seem like pretty hefty demands.

SpectroMan93

Not sure if it’s strike related, but Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Phantom Manor have been closed since park open today.

SpectroMan93

Just to note, we had lovey encounters with every CM we spoke with. Yes we were lucky and had a non-strike day.

But everyone was kind, explained things in English, and were just as I’d expect a Disney CM to be.
I went yesterday and was also lucky to be there on a non-strike day. Also would like to echo that the CMs I spoke to were all kind and more than willing to help.

The day I had at Disneyland Paris reminded me of back when my family would visit Magic Kingdom in the early 2000s. If only I could say the same for the current state of Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Just to note, we had lovey encounters with every CM we spoke with. Yes we were lucky and had a non-strike day.

But everyone was kind, explained things in English, and were just as I’d expect a Disney CM to be.
This has always been my experience and why I am always puzzled when I see discussions of DLP CMs not being up to scratch. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've certainly never had a CM be rude to me over quite a few visits staying at the resort.

LondonTom

Hmm, surely paying double on Sundays would make it line-ball as to whether it's worth staying open on Sundays?

I guess in negotiations you start with everything you would want in an ideal world and hope to get as close as possible. Must say, though, these seem like pretty hefty demands.
Yeah I think most Unions' initial demands are definitely with the idea, that the Employee is rarely if ever going to say yes straight away and meet them all (Especially as they won't want to admit to saying yes straight away to the union 😂). So you may as well shoot for the moon with your initial demands and be negotiated down to what you actually want.

Though extra pay on Sunday in this sort of industry would seem odd. Surely you must expect to work weekends?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom