Sad day for a disney fan

xerophilly

Original Poster
i just found out this morning that my work would be sending me to the orlando area for this week coming up and its the beginning of the month which means i payed bills and have no money! im so upset there is no way to get a cheap ticket for a night cause some night i dont get out till 8-9 and i would love to just stop in and see mickey! lol well either way i wanted you all to know this sucks lol

foreverbelle

That does suck. I am sorry to hear that. I agree head over to DTD, it may not be the same. But at least you could try to get your Disney fix in.

jen2009

I agree with the DTD idea. I would find a way to catch a ride on the monorail to atleast see the castle. Did this last July when I was down for my pre-wedding trip. Just left DTD and went to MK and rode the monorail around once to see the castle and then went back to DTD. Got my fix in a little. :)

heartodisney

YES! DTD has much to offer...we hit it the day we arrive just to "work up a frenzy" for the upcoming week...try this..it will help a little!

Gorjus

I can help. Long before annual passes and Florida resident seasonal passes, I used to be assigned to Orlando for about a month every year. As an addict, I found a lot of ways to get a fix without paying.

Dowwntown Disney is one of them: lots of Disney music in the background; lots of cast member being magical; and you can see Epcot Fireworks from there at night.

Go to the Beach Club. Walk to the International Gateway and listen to the music of the countries and watch people walk between UK and France in Epcot's World Showcase.

Use Disney transportation. Go to the entrance of Magic Kingdom by monorail or boat. Hear the music. Time it for Move it Shake it Celebrate and hear differentmusic. Take a photo with the train station. Shoot, you can even see the AM park opening from outside the turnstiles.

Get on the monorail to Epcot. The monorail takes you inside the park, then outside. You can stand and hear the entrance music.

Take the bus to Animal Kingdom or Studios. You can see the park, you can hear entrance music, you can purchase souveniers.

Resort hop. You can go to all the hotels, no charge. Walk around, feel the fun. Eat the overpriced, yet good food. Wilderness Lodge: stand near the restaurant and hear the fun of people ordering ketchup or asking for butter.

Beach Club: Tell them you are going to Beaches and Cream. Walk to the beach. You can see a movie on the beach for free.

Boardwalk: Cruise the boardwalk.

The ultimate: Fort Wilderness: You can park and take a bus to the Pioneer Hall. Visit the horse barn. Walk around. Swim in the pool. Get a drink at Crockett's Tavern. Have a meal at Trail's End. Rent a boat and cruise the Seven Sea's Lagoon. Go to see Chip and Dale at the campfire movie.

Fireworks: Pick any MK resort, including Fort Wilderness and see the fireworks and have the music piped in. Go to the Hess station on Buena Vista, near Boardwalk and see and hear Illuminations. It also can be seen from the excess parking lot across from Boardwalk. You can also walk to the International Gateway and see and hear fireworks.

The list goes on.

bgraham34

Do what I did once. I went to MK for a half hour for free. Go to the ticket window and ask them if you can go into Main Street and pick up a gift. You prepay a ticket and if your back within 30 minutes you get your money back.

partyoffour

sell something !!!! Craigslist is awesome u must have some kind of junk laying around needing a new home. maybe u have alot of change ???

I know i will get blasted for this maybe but dont u have a credit card u could put one day on and pay it off when the bill comes???

partyoffour

Cant you tell them it is your b day ?? arent they letting people in for free on their birthdays? I am not sure if you need to be staying at a disney resort ??? But doesnt hurt to ask !!

slappy magoo

Cant you tell them it is your b day ?? arent they letting people in for free on their birthdays? I am not sure if you need to be staying at a disney resort ??? But doesnt hurt to ask !!

I suspect they'd ask for proof, I'm sure plenty of people are trying it as an excuse, and without proof, they'd be giving away far more free stuff than they planned to give.

If you can't charge your tickets, how about sitting in on one of those time-share lectures? Two hours of your time (in theory) will score you a free pass.

Otherwise, my recommendations would be to either hit the monorail resorts, or the Epcot resorts...though for me, it'd probably feel more like a tease to be so close to the parks but unable to get in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom