Russians

Timmay

lol, Chernobyl is in the Ukraine, once a part of Russia.

The Ukraine was never a part of Russia. Both Russia and Ukraine were part of the Soviet Union.

By the way, anyone that says Russian food is like German food must have never had real Russian food.

Thiger

The Ukraine was never a part of Russia. Both Russia and Ukraine were part of the Soviet Union.

By the way, anyone that says Russian food is like German food must have never had real Russian food.

sorry my bad, i meant U.S.S.R., i was just too lazy to hold the caps key and type.

but you're right, Russian food is fantastic!

I find that everyone has to take J.H.m.'s words with a grain of salt. It would be fantastic to see Japan, Russia and Australia built in one go, but I don't even know where you'd put them. Unless you go w/ the original plans made...

tomm4004

The fast food place will have the Disney standards with a Russian twist:

Chicken strips Kiev
Czar salad
Czar chicken wrap
St. PetersBURGER with Red apple slices
MosCOW cheeseburger with Red apple slices

For dessert: Ice cream with Si-berry-ians. Also: Coffee with Kremlin and sugar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where in the WS would it go?
If I recall the original was to have been placed where the (temporary) events pavilion was built. Today, with the expansion pads available, who knows. Anyone else hopeful if it does happen for the original planned Russian dark ride?

Ra Ra Rasputin!

Fun2BFree

The fast food place will have the Disney standards with a Russian twist:

Chicken strips Kiev
Czar salad
Czar chicken wrap
St. PetersBURGER with Red apple slices
MosCOW cheeseburger with Red apple slices

For dessert: Ice cream with Si-berry-ians. Also: Coffee with Kremlin and sugar.

In Soviet Russia, overpriced food eats you! :lookaroun

sbkline

I know it was due to money, I was only pointing out that all the pavilions that wound up being built were all the ones who were at the time currently friendly with the US. I don't think it was necessarily intended that way as I know Disney approached some others, its just what the result wound up being.

It's only natural that the countries that would participate would be the ones friendly with the US. Since the government of the country has to sponsor it to a large degree and allow the exchange students to come over, countries that dislike our country probably aren't going to support it, either financially, or by sending their people over to staff it. And when you have two superpower countries aiming nuclear missles at each other, it stands to reason that they aren't going to be sponsoring representations of themselves in each others' countries.

Frankly, I've always been surprised that China is represented there. Since the communist revolution in the 1950s, China hasn't been very fond of the USA, and has even been considered a military threat over the years. So it does baffle me a bit that the communist regime in China has allowed their country to be represented at Epcot all these years.

tomm4004

From the Wik:

Soviet cuisine:

"An everyday Soviet full course dinner consisted of three or four courses, typically referred to as "the first" (i.e., the first course), "the second", "the third", and "the fourth"."

Brilliant naming of the courses. And we wonder how Soviet-communism ever fell!

Rosso11

Lets not forget Iran was all set to part of Epcot. Now that would have been interesting to see in todays climate.

MKMICKEYFAN#1

Although a Russian Pavillion would be a neat addition...heck any addition would help to the WS...I'd still like to see Australia added. There is so much culture that could be incorporated into this "down under" pavillion. What ever happened to the rumor of Japan getting a mountain or whatnot that Merf reported on some time ago?

StageFrenzy

There are relativity few people in Russia with a large amount of income. (Think the robber barons of the turn of the century.) All Disney has to do is get them to throw there money at Disney as opposed to buying the QE2 or Chelsea football club

tomm4004

Russia would be my first choice with its history, culture, folklore and wonderful architecture. The Bolshoi; Faberge Eggs; the Kremlin; the Czars' palaces. Australia just doesn't appeal. What's the architecture other than the Sydney Opera House? It just seems modern like Canada or the US. It would go better in AK where you could have the Outback and Ayrs Rock. And what is Aussie food? Whenever I see a travel show on Oz they have nice scenery but not much else. At least, that's all they ever show.

KingStefan

Russia would be my first choice with its history, culture, folklore and wonderful architecture. The Bolshoi; Faberge Eggs; the Kremlin; the Czars' palaces. Australia just doesn't appeal. What's the architecture other than the Sydney Opera House? It just seems modern like Canada or the US. It would go better in AK where you could have the Outback and Ayrs Rock. And what is Aussie food? Whenever I see a travel show on Oz they have nice scenery but not much else. At least, that's all they ever show.

Monster "shrimp on the barbie" and Foster's oil-can beer:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom