runDisney Star Wars Events

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
See I thought this at first, they would keep the larger Star Wars theming but ”rebrand” the weekend. Makes sense with the Mando’s popularity and all the upcoming Disney + projects. The more I think about it though, it is more unlikely in my head. Here are some of the reasons why I think this.

1.) Why go though all the trouble to make people potentially angry saying you are going to “retheme“ the race. Only to turn around and...not “retheme” it. I think they are priming us for a much bigger IP shift.

2.) Why go though all the trouble to go out of your way to make the point to people about losing ”perfect” status when the “rethemed” race is the same overall theme.

and lastly...

3.) Why go out of your way to take away the “5 years running“ off every medal (assuming they are reusing last year’s already made medals).

I believe they should of kept Star Wars around, it is an amazing IP with so many possibilities and I really don’t understand the reasoning. As you mentioned above Mando...and especially the child (still waiting on using his true name to not spoil anyone who doesn’t want to be) is extremely popular. So popular, he would probably boost attendance to a much higher level if he was used as a theme.

All that being said, I am at least interested to see what they could do in terms of another theme...their are lots of possibilities. It is just so sad to see it go, especially for me since I wanted to do it in person...eventually. It will be hard to top Star Wars. At least I have the opportunity to run it now virtually.
When has logic ever applied to runDisney? 😉 Upsetting tons of perfect runners over an extremely minor change wouldn’t be the first tone deaf move they’ve made recently (I’m looking at you Platinum Level Club membership!)

F0594AA9-BEE5-4243-B009-3AD0AA52105F.jpeg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Don't tell me you did Platinum?
Haha, no way! I did end up doing Silver after they announced the second year would be free though.

Platinum made absolutely no sense to me, the “added value” over silver was what?
- Tier 1 pricing - everything pretty much always sells out before ever getting to Tiers 2 or 3
- Early merch access - if it’s anything like Runners Square, this likely just means you have your own line that opens into the merch area at the same time as the regular
- Better corral placement - they stated that it only moves people up to F, which only helps those that would’ve been G or H and anyone could do anyway with their unverified time submission
- Early registration - passholders and DVC get that anyway and it’s not like they verify that during registration, so people technically can do that anyway if they can find the link (definitely not encouraging the practice, just acknowledging it exists)
- Guaranteed registration during the early period - this is nice but getting registered hasn’t been all that much of an issue lately anyway
- Expo Lounge - how many Odwalla fruit smoothies would I have to drink in the couple of hours I’m at the expo to justify the extra $550 or so over a silver membership to make this make financial sense? 😜

durangojim

Yeah, I would of used her more, given her popularity. Too be fair though, she wasn’t as popular as she is now when this was made.

This is coming from someone who’s favorite Star Wars character is Ashoka. I think most of the shirts are super cool, probably will be going for them.

EDIT: This was likely made sometime in 2018-2019. Pre-Mandolorian Ashoka, and Pre-Final Season of Clone Wars Ashoka.
My favorite character is her too! I consider myself super lucky that we were at Galaxy's edge last month a day after they released her new sabers.

Surferboy567

My favorite character is her too! I consider myself super lucky that we were at Galaxy's edge last month a day after they released her new sabers.
I have her v1 sabers from rebels...what makes them v1? The black around the diamond pieces. Got it on my second visit to Galaxy’s Edge. Along with Kylo’s. Made my own the trip prior.

Rteetz

While I am excited for a new theme. I really don’t want Star Wars to stop being a theme. It will be interesting to see what they come up with but I don’t want them to get rid of Star Wars entirely.
Considering they are wiping out perfect status I don’t see why they would keep Star Wars at this point.

Surferboy567

Considering they are wiping out perfect status I don’t see why they would keep Star Wars at this point.
Yeah, they aren’t keeping it I know that. I just wish a new theme wouldn’t have to sacrifice Star Wars entirely.

EDIT: I’m sure the new theme will be fun in it’s own right though, whatever it ends up being.

Surferboy567

You know, I just realized something. If I can secure a spot in the rival run...I would of ran every currently available race weekend for the entire season. Not every race but in at least one event per race weekend.

durangojim

I have her v1 sabers from rebels...what makes them v1? The black around the diamond pieces. Got it on my second visit to Galaxy’s Edge. Along with Kylo’s. Made my own the trip prior.
I’ve got those too. They’re now selling her Clone Wars ones and you can change the color from green to blue! They’re in the upper left corner.
49924ED5-30AB-4C39-AEEE-270F73A8DA74.jpeg

Surferboy567

I’ve got those too. They’re now selling her Clone Wars ones and you can change the color from green to blue! They’re in the upper left corner.
View attachment 518512
That Dooku saber is so sweet! Apparently she was signing the first couple of those clone wars sabers sold. In addition to the sabers, I also have the holocrons (both Sith and Jedi) along with the crystals as well as a droid. I even have the spira medal gift card.

EDIT: I am a very big fan of the white blades. Her clone wars era lightsabers are super cool though, especially that color changing feature.

Surferboy567

So as everyone knows I contacted runDisney and asked them about switching my already paid for virtual half marathon to a Kessel and received the following response.

Here is what I heard from runDisney:

“Once registered, reply to this message with your registration information for both the Kessel Run Challenge and Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon. Our Registration Team will refund the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon registration, totaling $59.00 to the original form of payment. Unfortunately, we are not able to refund processing fees. Please know that it may take up to two weeks for the refund to process, and we will contact you once your refund has been completed.”

Looks like I am doing Kessel.

Since then I didn’t think much of it and I am planning to still run the Kessel run. I was looking around and someone else had the same question as myself, they did exactly as I did but received a different answer from runDisney.

Something along the lines of you can edit your registration though your account and upgrade though that WITH a 45 dollar ”transfer fee”. So which is it?

Thoughts?

EDIT: Maybe I should just stick with what runDisney said, and register for the Kessel as normal and do what they said? I don’t really know what I should do, someone has a wrong answer.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom