runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

Figment82

Just a heads up - if you’re looking to support a charity for this race weekend, many have already opened registrations. I’ve personally seen posts by GKTW, Girls on the Run, and ACS but I’m sure there are more as contracts are being finalized.

I decided to support ACS this time around (because cancer su*ks) and will be running the challenge. I know my daughter will already be calling dibs on the Cars medal!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Good luck to everyone registering for Springtime Surprise today! I myself with be joining in on the action trying to secure a challenge bib for myself, as well as a 10K registration for my party. Been anticipating this since the themes have been announced, really hoping I am able to secure the bibs I want. Definitely nerve wracking as all registrations have been. I am also planning on picking up some pre-purchase merchandise namely the pin bundle, and the commemorative weekend bundle. I have largely stayed away from pins, but I may have to go for them this time around due to the themes.

pdude81

For anybody who did the pre purchase with Club RD, can you say if the "purchase" option for the items was available after registration? I might like a bundle or two, but I hate wasting time looking through the merch when trying to register.

pdude81

The challenge opened for a little bit, but the link was broken. They took it down, it is strange it‘s not up yet.
I think that is the real link as when I went back to it after the pages opened it kicked me back to the lottery page. I'm at "more than an hour" everywhere, so this may not happen. Good thing I was able to get late check out at my resort.

Wolf43

Movement: one computer is 25 minutes and the other is 39 minutes.

EDIT: both are back to more than than hour. Ugh!!

EDIT again: one is now 22 minutes and the 36 minutes. I think runDisney enjoys messing with me. 😠

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
5K first to go, sold out as of 10:33!

I'm in for Challenge and got the 5K for the gf. Her sister and brother in law both got the challenge and the other couple we ran with last Spring is in for the 10 miler (and may upgrade if they can juggle with work and any challenge spots pop back up). All in all a very successful morning!

I had 4 browsers and my phone going, had one get through about 10:17 or so, while the other four had estimated waits 20 minutes+ later, Microsoft Edge was the unlikely victor in my browser challenge, haha!

No merch for me, I typically do a Tervis and shoe ornament, since only the ornament was in a bundle (and they probably won't do a Tervis based on the sponsor), I figured I'll roll the dice that I can get one at the Expo rather than prepay for a whole package.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I’m a little (springtime) surprised that the 5K is still the only race sold out. I figured that between the younger crowd and the parents-with-youngish-children crowd, Pixar themes would’ve had a higher demand. Although I’m thrilled that it seems everybody got what they were aiming for this morning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom