RUMORS on MGM's new area and animation tour

Figment1986

*note to self, when viewing wdwmagic site, use AOL 8, and not the eavil 9...*

I was partly correct, No Street, just allys and other things could be added. (i was thinking of space and how a Street would take Sooo much room they dont have back there...)

AndyMagic

Originally posted by wdwmagic
They arent entire streets, just skyline facades.
Does anyone else find it strange that they would construct random skylines from other states even though there are no streets to explore from those states?? It just seems strange that these skylines are being built in the "New York Street Area" when they are for Chicago and San Fransisco. So what is the theme of that area now? Cities Street?

Figment1986

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Does anyone else find it strange that they would construct random skylines from other states even though there are no streets to explore from those states?? It just seems strange that these skylines are being built in the "New York Street Area" when they are for Chicago and San Fransisco. So what is the theme of that area now? Cities Street?

This might have to go with The Auto stunt show...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by CTXRover
These two new streets would be San Francisco street and Chicago street.

Oooooo a Chicago Skyline facade! :sohappy: :sohappy: Very Cool! :D

Budke

Sound Walls?

I wonder if they might be a decorative way to dampen the sound of the show from the rest of the park.

mickey04

Originally posted by Katherine
That would be really cool! Maybe if they did go through with the whole street idea then they could make a ride based on a movie where the street car goes wild. Just a thought.
Or they could recreate the San Fran subway system, and you could experience a realistic earthquake on it. Oh, wait, hasn't someone already done that? :lol:

ToTBellHop

Anyone yet know what the theming of the actual show will be? It'll have a facade back too...wouldn't make sense for it to be a Mediterranean village like at WDSP...wonder how they will theme it...

Jusjuice

Originally Posted By ISTCNavigator57:
Anyone yet know what the theming of the actual show will be? It'll have a facade back too...wouldn't make sense for it to be a Mediterranean village like at WDSP...wonder how they will theme it...
I hope they go with the Mediterranean theme, because it would be a lot cooler [at least in America] than just New York or Chicago, which we see so much of, unless they went with something like a 1930's ________ Tracy-type theme, which would be really cool, but I guess they wouldn't be able to use the jet skis and motorcycles, so it would probably have to be modern day. I wonder if GM will sponsor it?......I doubt it, though, but I'm surprised Disney is building an attraction of this size without a sponsoror.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Jusjuice
Originally Posted By ISTCNavigator57:
Anyone yet know what the theming of the actual show will be? It'll have a facade back too...wouldn't make sense for it to be a Mediterranean village like at WDSP...wonder how they will theme it...[/Q]
I hope they go with the Mediterranean theme, because it would be a lot cooler [at least in America] than just New York or Chicago, which we see so much of. I wonder if GM will sponsor it?......I doubt it, though, but I'm surprised Disney is building an attraction of this size without a sponsoror.
Like Expedition EVEREST and, as of yet, Soarin'? Maybe they will theme our stunt show like a 1930s gangsters versus the cops story, an expansion on that scene from The Great Movie World...it'd be kewl to finally transport guests into a whole area feeling like that 1930s underworld....perhaps theming New York Street to get darker and darker as you move toward the stunt show area...

AndyP

Originally posted by AndyMagic

I agree it is a little strange to build facades from other cities on NY street, but i suppose it depends on where they are placed, how the theming is around it and also whether or not they extend the street ? Perphaps the street will blend from city to city, 1 skyline at each end, 1 at one point along the side in the middle ?

Just a thought, anyone actually know how they will be setup?

O'Mailey

Actually, to me, having the different skylines next to each other makes perfect sense since the park is a movie studio park. I think the idea of standing is one spot and being transported to San Francisco and then moving over a little bit and being in Chicago makes sense for a park that is supposed to make you feel like you are behind the scenes of a movie making studio.

cookiee_munster

ooooh... does Disney have the rights to the movie "Chicago"??? that would be wicked to have a street themed like the streets in the film, n' of course a theatre where guests could check out a few acts from the film :)

SirNim

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
ooooh... does Disney have the rights to the movie "Chicago"???
Indeed they do (I would infer), because Miramax Films is a Disney company!

wbboy29

As much as I would love to see a "Chicago" esque stage show at the Studios, I honestly don't think it would ever happen. I mean have you seen the movie, its not exactly family friendly material. But I loved that show so much it sure would be cool to see.

Even if Disney put up disclaimers at the entrance about the nature of a show like that, the guests would never pay attention to it. I mean heck, they don't even pay attention now to the warnings about AE being scary for young guests or "Always keep an eye on your children," :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom