Rumors. Musings. Casual.

LittleBuford

I doubt it. IMHO people on here massively overestimate the difference in preference between the two versions. Casual guests seem to enjoy both reasonable well from what I've seen talking to people.
Your view is backed up by the data from Touring Plans:

Pre-schoolers rated the old version as 4.5 stars (rounding to the nearest 0.5). Every other age group had it exactly the same. I'd call them even.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Because soarin over CGI is really bad.
And Cali is so grainy it’s become a total skip for my family.
They're both the same thing to the average guest.

To nitpicky Disney World forum members that critique the smallest details, the difference between the two is huge.

To Grandma Becky taking her grandchildren to Disney World for the first time, it wouldn't make a difference.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
And yet there are better versions out there and twice as long as Soarin. Like Flyover America..they only use CGI at the end for reasons..

These things have been popping up all over the place. Soarin' may have been one of the first to do it, but it's definitely not as good as these new ones popping up.

I rode a version if this exact ride system in Pigeon Forge... I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was awesome and just felt 'new.' I'm gonna try the one over in New York City next week.

Touchdown

Disney would be smart if they could figure out a way to pull an Impressions de France here by showing the California version after 7PM each day. Would help spread crowds out a bit later in the day when the pavilion starts to become a ghost town.
Can’t do that, the smell canisters would all need to be swapped on each row twice a day. Much more reasonable to have a choice with a theatre doing CA and another doing world.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
…i do love me some pink castle
It's not even that (but I do love the castle cake, it was fun and whimsical, two things the Bob era has completely drained from the company). There's no way that anyone could possibly say that the current crop of ads, where a garrison of Stormtroopers exits an elevator, mermaids swim in the Grand Floridian pool, and Hei Hei falls into the lake, can carry the jockstrap with a forklift of an ad showing a baby walking for the first time to Mickey Mouse. Greatest. Advertisement. Ever. It's not even up for debate.

In fact... just because:

There is heart and soul and emotion in those 25th anniversary ads. And a damn good song to boot.

Cmdr_Crimson

These things have been popping up all over the place. Soarin' may have been one of the first to do it, but it's definitely not as good as these new ones popping up.

I rode a version if this exact ride system in Pigeon Forge... I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was awesome and just felt 'new.' I'm gonna try the one over in New York City next week.
Navy Pier out here in Chicago is getting ready to open as well..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom