Rumors. Musings. Casual.

TrainsOfDisney

I have never been on a cruise, but I was wondering if you give tips on cruise lines?
Yes. Virgin Cruise Line actually does not charge you tips or expect you to tip - they pay much higher than the other cruise lines.

All the other major players charge you gratuity’s per night that is split among your cabin crew and wait staff. You can also tip extra if you’d like. When it’s automatically added to your bill I call that a service charge and not a tip.

DocAlan02

The future of Hulu Live TV honestly a more interesting corporate question than the parks in 2024. And it’s interesting because they don’t even have a closing set up for Hulu yet (public, anyway).
I have been a Hulu+Live customer for 7 years or so and am very curious what comes of all of this.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I have been a Hulu+Live customer for 7 years or so and am very curious what comes of all of this.
I am a Hulu Live customer as well and it was frustrating when the app/feed would freeze and knock you out some during the super bowl last night in the first half. I'm also not a big fan of their interface and when you resume some shows it just randomly restarts back at the beginning. Never had any problems when I was using YouTubeTV. There is definitely room for improvement, especially based on what I'm paying now

Dranth

I am a Hulu Live customer as well and it was frustrating when the app/feed would freeze and knock you out some during the super bowl last night in the first half. I'm also not a big fan of their interface and when you resume some shows it just randomly restarts back at the beginning. Never had any problems when I was using YouTubeTV. There is definitely room for improvement, especially based on what I'm paying now
I watched the game on YouTubeTV last night and it had hitches and freezing which I normally never see. My guess is providers were just slammed.

jpinkc

Paramount wasnt much better here in Missouri froze several times each half, but it at least didnt freeze during Overtime.

_caleb

I have Hulu Live TV and haven’t seen these issues, but I do notice that the Hulu app on my “smart” TV is really bad compared to the Hulu app on my AppleTV.

BTW, it’s been like this for a while, but who on Hulu’s user interface design team thought it was a good idea to OVERLINE users/selections? OVERLINE ISN’T A THING!

SuddenStorm

I posted this in the Disneyland forum but thought it'd fit in while here also with many of the observations applicable to both coasts.

So, a family friend of mine is an executive at Universal Studios Hollywood. I hadn't seen him in a few years, but back in my teen years we would often talk theme parks.

During our brief interaction a few weeks ago, I basically said that it really felt like Universal Studios was in a renaissance, while Disney seems to be trying to find their footing.

He laughed, talked about how Universal basically dictated the direction of the industry with Harry Potter (which directly played into Galaxy's Edge) and now with their new park in Orlando. He then said that internally, their mantra has been "Don't do what Disney is doing" for the last few years.

I think if you had asked anyone if they though Universal had a chance at catching up to Disney 15 years ago, they would have laughed. But now? It's a different story.

Disney has made it a habit to reduce the guest experience since covid, all while raising prices.

You want to book a one day one park to Disneyland? Too bad, it's full- but they'll still let you buy a park hopper with Disneyland as the starting park. That's not hospitality.

Once you're there, parking is the most expensive it's been- but the security stations are often backed up. They don't even have trays for your pocket items anymore.

Fastpass, a once free perk? That's gonna be an extra $30 per person if you don't want to wait in artificially inflated wait times.

And don't even bother trying to order food at the register. They'll only have one open, and the line will be backed up. You have to download their app and schedule a time to get food. That also costs the most it ever has, all while the portion sizes continue to shrink. Thanks Christine!

But then while you're on that ride you paid extra for, it's unmaintained and staffed by grumpy CM's.

My point is- Disney has to get back on track or their foothold as the leader in themed entertainment is going to crumble in the next 15 years.

Trauma

I posted this in the Disneyland forum but thought it'd fit in while here also with many of the observations applicable to both coasts.

So, a family friend of mine is an executive at Universal Studios Hollywood. I hadn't seen him in a few years, but back in my teen years we would often talk theme parks.

During our brief interaction a few weeks ago, I basically said that it really felt like Universal Studios was in a renaissance, while Disney seems to be trying to find their footing.

He laughed, talked about how Universal basically dictated the direction of the industry with Harry Potter (which directly played into Galaxy's Edge) and now with their new park in Orlando. He then said that internally, their mantra has been "Don't do what Disney is doing" for the last few years.

I think if you had asked anyone if they though Universal had a chance at catching up to Disney 15 years ago, they would have laughed. But now? It's a different story.

Disney has made it a habit to reduce the guest experience since covid, all while raising prices.

You want to book a one day one park to Disneyland? Too bad, it's full- but they'll still let you buy a park hopper with Disneyland as the starting park. That's not hospitality.

Once you're there, parking is the most expensive it's been- but the security stations are often backed up. They don't even have trays for your pocket items anymore.

Fastpass, a once free perk? That's gonna be an extra $30 per person if you don't want to wait in artificially inflated wait times.

And don't even bother trying to order food at the register. They'll only have one open, and the line will be backed up. You have to download their app and schedule a time to get food. That also costs the most it ever has, all while the portion sizes continue to shrink. Thanks Christine!

But then while you're on that ride you paid extra for, it's unmaintained and staffed by grumpy CM's.

My point is- Disney has to get back on track or their foothold as the leader in themed entertainment is going to crumble in the next 15 years.
No everything is better than ever.

The defenders of the dust should be here any minute to refute your blatant lies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom