Rumors. Musings. Casual.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Same phenomenon is going on right now in Florida. Everyone asking how Disney is set to respond to Epic, while ignoring WDW actually had a much stronger previous decade than Uni (post Diagon Alley). Epic is a move to prevent Universal from ceding its momentum, which it was starting to.

You mean when they replaced what had been mothballed/neglected prior?

All that grandiose “new” stuff…and they ended up net +3 and may have lost actual seat capacity…

And none of it works…101 city

pheneix

Original Poster
Are you asking if rumblings are happening, or stating it may be happening maybe?

New park stuff is almost never announced at a quarterly call.

I expect some token references toward park spending this call. Enough to get some sizzle.

Disneys plan is to go all in on advertising to get D+ profitable. Hulu purchase would assist this in a few key ways. Disney on boarding a profitable service like Hulu brings in needed cash flow. Hulu also a wildly different business. I don’t think Disneys management can pull off an integration. Not anymore.

Sports streaming. If Disney can sell off a chunk of ESPN to NFL and then immediately start selling this content into a joint venture, go them. We all see where this can and will become a money pit but the short term cash might be worth it.

I wonder if a Hulu purchase agreement is announced as part of earnings tomorrow. That’s the only surprise I’m excited to see.

Jrb1979

I expect some token references toward park spending this call. Enough to get some sizzle.

Disneys plan is to go all in on advertising to get D+ profitable. Hulu purchase would assist this in a few key ways. Disney on boarding a profitable service like Hulu brings in needed cash flow. Hulu also a wildly different business. I don’t think Disneys management can pull off an integration. Not anymore.

Sports streaming. If Disney can sell off a chunk of ESPN to NFL and then immediately start selling this content into a joint venture, go them. We all see where this can and will become a money pit but the short term cash might be worth it.

I wonder if a Hulu purchase agreement is announced as part of earnings tomorrow. That’s the only surprise I’m excited to see.
I doubt they sell of ESPN now as they just made a deal with Warner and Fox to create a bundle for sports streaming.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Token being a reference to the coins used at Chuck E. Cheese. Oh snap! Disney to buy CEC Entertainment and launch PIXAR Toy Story-branded "Pizza Planets" nationwide. Sizzle of course referring to original movie in which Woody is tortured and scorched on his forehead by Sid. The pieces are coming together!

JD80

The integration has already started a few months ago.

HauntedMansionFLA

Disney has a lot of content that hasn’t made its way to streaming with no announcements of movies coming out of the “ Disney Vault “. Such a shame.

Epcot could have a high capacity ride over in the Africa area in Worldshowplace and please do something with the former Wonders building.

Lilofan

Disney has a lot of content that hasn’t made its way to streaming with no announcements of movies coming out of the “ Disney Vault “. Such a shame.

Epcot could have a high capacity ride over in the Africa area in Worldshowplace and please do something with the former Wonders building.
Is the Wonders building in Epcot cursed?

fgmnt

I doubt they sell of ESPN now as they just made a deal with Warner and Fox to create a bundle for sports streaming.
Seems like the plan is to progressively let more and more parties pay a mint to use the ESPN name for their own ventures until Bob the Elder can dip out of Burbank and name Pitaro as successor. Makes some sense because it’s a popular brand that is impossible to sell wholesale to anyone, so you treat it like its days of growth are far behind it and it’s time to extract what you can before the hollowing out is made obvious.

Not like they have experience in doing this with anything else in the company.

whiterhino42

Tangentially , I think there is a very interesting attraction evocative of a funhouse with Encanto. House on a hill that hides a show building of rooms that shift up and down and rotate around. I don’t think that’s what they will make.
Love this idea. I'd love a modern day fun house and Disney has nothing like that in Orlando.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Though USO is at the point where it feels like it needs a DCA style makeover. I just don’t know if they’re really willing to go there, especially with all the capital tied up in the new park

If only Comcast had an influx of, say, $9 billion or more that they could carve some funds off of to fund a USO makeover. Oh well, I'm sure they'll think of something. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom