Rumors. Musings. Casual.

castlecake2.0

There is nothing to enforce. The CM's are following the current guidelines. Not sure about WDW but you can find many a male CM wearing nail polish at Disneyland these days. I live in Los Angeles and you think I would see this stuff everywhere but nowhere near as much as at Disneyland. Really odd phenomenon as Disney themselves perpetuated the behavior.
There are still guidelines, they are just the same for everyone now. It’s actually surprising they got to 2022 with having separate rules depending on gender.

mickEblu

There are still guidelines, they are just the same for everyone now. It’s actually surprising they got to 2022 with having separate rules depending on gender.

Which current guidelines do you believe they are not enforcing? They are allowed to have tattoos, beards etc.

My point is that the issue is the new guidelines. Not that they’re not being enforced.

WoundedDreamer

Odd.. I was in Pop Century the past October and December and could easily change the temperature from 66 - 78 degrees.
As the poster mentioned, it stays at the temperature until no movement is detected. Then the AC shuts off and the temperature starts to rise. Sometimes in the middle of the night I would have to wave my arms until the sensor would activate and then the AC would begin flowing again. It then goes about 15 minutes before shutting off again. It was incredibly uncomfortable.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they adjust it seasonally. For example, I went in August 2022 when it was very hot. That's when it was really obnoxious. You going in October and December might have missed it. I'm not sure. This was a little over a year ago, but I actually recall there being a light on the sensor device. If you made motion it would switch color and the AC would start. It was wild.

castlecake2.0

Which current guidelines do you believe they are not enforcing? They are allowed to have tattoos, beards etc.

My point is that the issue is the new guidelines. Not that they’re not being enforced.
Tattoos is one, they’re not supposed to be above the shoulders or bigger than their hand. Jewelry is another, proper costume size and fit, overall neat and clean appearance etc. I think for the most part the new updates have allowed people a little more freedom while still looking professional, but there’s always some going to push the limit that need to be guided back to the proper standards.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
As the poster mentioned, it stays at the temperature until no movement is detected. Then the AC shuts off and the temperature starts to rise. Sometimes in the middle of the night I would have to wave my arms until the sensor would activate and then the AC would begin flowing again. It then goes about 15 minutes before shutting off again. It was incredibly uncomfortable.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they adjust it seasonally. For example, I went in August 2022 when it was very hot. That's when it was really obnoxious. You going in October and December might have missed it. I'm not sure. This was a little over a year ago, but I actually recall there being a light on the sensor device. If you made motion it would switch color and the AC would start. It was wild.
Disney has been removing the motion detecting ones as they renovate rooms for at least 2 years. None of the most recent renovations have them.

That was a mid-2010s bad decision.

WoundedDreamer

Disney has been removing the motion detecting ones as they renovate rooms for at least 2 years. None of the most recent renovations have them.

That was a mid-2010s bad decision.
A very bad decision. I could not believe that they had those in the hotels. So anti-customer I could hardly believe it. I am curious why the one I stayed at still had them. It was a Saratoga Springs DVC wing. I believe that they had recently been renovated. Maybe they were still working them out the system? Better late than never. It's that sort of stuff that is a real head scratcher. Penny wise pound foolish...

Sir_Cliff

Good thing that Disney has one theme park whose function has transformed into a catch-all for all IP that doesn't fit anywhere else very easily.

Welcome to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

It's like the like the island of misfit IP.

Although in tonight's beer, bourbon, and chicken-tender-athon, one thing was said by someone I tend to trust that raised my eyebrow.
Yes, I don't really see how a Simpsons attraction would be such a bad fit for DHS. I'm not sure about an entire Springfield/Simpsons land as I don't think the aesthetic of The Simpsons especially translates into an appealing environment in which to walk around. A ride or show, though, wouldn't seem egregiously out of place to me. I'd be more annoyed about the animated features like Ice Age that came with the Fox acquisition going in the parks.

As for the IP's longterm relevance, I don't think The Simpsons is disappearing from the popular consciousness anytime soon. Let's face it, the IP is far more relevant than The Muppets and only one person is calling for them to be purged from the parks. There is also an entire land based on the Cars franchise. Somewhat like The Muppets, I think one attraction characterised by The Simpsons' brand of humour at the Studios could work and also be one of those things that helps distinguish the Studios from the other parks. Of course, I wouldn't love it if they started cloning it all over the place... which they probably would.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm ignorant of who pheneix, but do we automatically take his word that he knows what's coming out of the CEOs office after he posted a giant thread where he mocked himself about all his bad takes?

Do we not take this with a grain of salt?
Maybe he has a podcast about magic?

LSLS

Honestly, I think small Simpsons additions could be kind of cool around DHS. No, they don't need an entire land (or really even a ride). But, go to Baseline and get a Duff beer? A Buzz Cola stand? Random Simpsons character meet and greets? That could be a smart, easy, cheap way to add the IP in.

But I agree with what was said before, I'm way more interested in the idea Universal is bailing on Simpsons and considering expanding their Nintendo footprint with it. I think that's a much larger deal for Disney than them getting to use Simpsons IP is.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I have two words for you: Family Guy.
family guy fart GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly, I think small Simpsons additions could be kind of cool around DHS. No, they don't need an entire land (or really even a ride). But, go to Baseline and get a Duff beer? A Buzz Cola stand? Random Simpsons character meet and greets? That could be a smart, easy, cheap way to add the IP in.

But I agree with what was said before, I'm way more interested in the idea Universal is bailing on Simpsons and considering expanding their Nintendo footprint with it. I think that's a much larger deal for Disney than them getting to use Simpsons IP is.
I think universal Has a tangible IP advantage in this current moment.

The reality is the Nintendo IP is just as relevant today as it was 40 years ago…and that’s hard to lock down.

Same with potter…sure the books/movies are 20+ years old now…but the kids will be parents soon so they’ll get the boomerang effect.

Very precarious if you’re the mouse house right now. I don’t think encanto miniland is gonna do it.

And since Bob doesn’t know he’s done…that’s what they’ll try. The SOS

Smiley/OCD

Whether it would be better if it were true or not, I will believe it when I see some evidence of it.

I feel like in my decades of being in these forums that people pop up at fairly regular intervals to declare Disney is fast running out of money and in danger of not being able to pay the electricity bills to keep the lights on at the parks.
It’s a great excuse not to change the burnt out lightbulbs…why bother, we don’t have the $$$ to “juice” them anyway…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom