Rumors. Musings. Casual.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whatever could you mean?

What's that? There is a sound out there? Could it be the sound of restless cattle in the paddock that is the hub?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking “milk the cows harder”

And I’ll bet that if I looked back to circa 2017 there would have been a lot of people on the boards saying “tell me about EXPERIENCING after hours…”

Yeah..who’s to blame when bad product takes root?

Just be sure to follow the tail in front of you over the cliff

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I need to get in a line of business where.my core customer is people who pay $10 a head to buy alternative queuing for that abysmal excuse for an attraction. I still claim that TRON is the first major attraction added to MK since Splash Mountain.
If you blink…you’ll miss tron

tanc

Wait until Disney Universe is built, then we can talk.

jokes aside, a third park would totally make sense. Imagine if Disney Sky or Westcot was actually a thing.

Virtual Toad

Been reading the thread and here's where I am (as a longtime fan who is disenchanted).

If Disney kept their attractions immaculate and dependable, if the state of "show" was what it was even 5-6 years ago, and they price gouged with things like Genie+/ILL, well then, maybe that would be palatable.

But to have attractions literally falling to pieces, to expect guests to tolerate 20% or more of their day dealing with broken down rides, to spend 20 years systematically removing moving parts, gutting animatronic-heavy attractions and replacing them with black spray paint and screens, to cut entertainment to the bone, AND all the while raising prices and nickel-and-diming beyond all sense of reality, and then creating a core business model (Genie+/ILL) that alienates 60-80 percent of your guests by design... how does that make any sense? How does it sustain the brand?

Hacks indeed. The latex gloves are a mere symptom of the cynicism, hubris and institutional rot that's gutting the company from the inside out.

ETA: Reference to latex gloves above was in response to Disney putting off-the-shelf latex gloves on the hands of ghosts at the HM. Cheap looking and inexcusable (post I was responding to deleted by mods for bad language in the Twitter post the poster had linked to but the point about those responsible for the gloves being hacks standing on the shoulders of giants was certainly valid).

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You should see what the one they built in Hong Kong if you think MK's is bad
That doesn’t mean the one in Orlando is “good”

It’s just a junior coaster with light theming…nothing more.

When it opened and started being touted as “best ride in Orlando” 🙄
…Insanity detached from reality clearly had set in

2010-2020 will forever be known as the “stupidity decade” of Disney fandom

Brer Oswald

Shown the door? No…

You’re reading that backwards…

“Shareholders” are mostly 5 or so hedges…and they see flat…unfulfilled promises and new struggles with product and content.

Fired? No
Forced out in a negotiated deal?
Maybe

A lot higher percentage chance of that now than last year
Clearly things aren’t working under him, and most within the company are at least aware of that.

Who would’ve thought that bringing back the guy that created the mess would lead to more degradation? Oh wait…all of us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they sell to a third party, like what was rumored in the past when the rumors of them selling WDW to the Chinese came about, and said third party is based outside of the US, then we could have problems.
I’m not sure “in the US” saves anything

The parks should be run by a private group
That’s the only way to have quality

The NYSE Will be the death of them

WoundedDreamer

One way they could improve the infrastructure of the Magic Kingdom is by getting new monorails... I know I know. A shocking suggestion. Current Alstom monorail trains have walkthrough cabins. This means that guests can circulate within the train and find seating. This would be a slight deviation from the original vision of the monorails being made up of small compartments. However, the capacity increase would be significant. In addition, this would greatly simplify evacuation as all cars could be evacuated from one point.

Alstom's monorail's are also fully automated. Meaning all boarding, exiting, and piloting is done automatically. Gates are placed next to the corresponding monorail door. When the monorail arrives, the gates slide open. The computer can also time itself to make sure new trains are arriving almost constantly. Ensuring the monorails and stations are at grade with one another is also something that should be done. Bringing out a ramp whenever someone in a wheelchair is coming slows things down. Zero entry boarding and exiting is a must. Stations could also be redesigned and enclosed to provide AC. This would make the waiting experience more comfortable.

One other option is to build a 3rd Magic Kingdom monorail line. Adding an additional express line would increase the capacity significantly. It could bypass the Contemporary (to avoid lengthy disruptions to the hotel) and rejoin the other two lines by the bus lot.

None of this technology is revolutionary. It already exists in multiple locations. Of course, I'm not holding my breath. They'll probably add buses from the TTC permanently. It will make things so much more magical!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom