Rumors. Musings. Casual.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How much extra capacity could be added with 3 extra hours instead of an after hours event.

Which one is more profitable and less expensive to run?

How much capacity can be added by bringing back an evening parade?

I would bet the scale is tilted to minimize all operational costs and that’s why we don’t see these things come to fruition.
You know…adjusting hours to balance crowds instead of bad upsells using block pricing just MIGHT be insane enough to work? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom needs multiple entrances and exits. The bus loop should empty into a new entrance that uses the current service road and parking area that was planned for the Main Street theatre.

An additional entrance could be added along the grand Floridian walkway that emptied into Adventureland but that would be a bit more complex. But resort boats and even monorail traffic could be redirected to that area.

Disneylands solution to the crowding at night was Fantasmic - MK could easily build a new night time show to pull people from the fireworks viewing and of course the night time parades helped with that issue too.
It’s more likely they construct the long rumored north entry for cars and offsite entry and then the old plaza becomes the on property entrance

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

You know…adjusting hours to balance crowds instead of bad upsells using block pricing just MIGHT be insane enough to work? 🤔
That’s the biggest issue for the entry plaza right now, trying to dump and refill the park at peak times. If they had an overflow exit for the monorail and another for the resort busses that could help but then it confuses guests trying to exit a different way than they entered.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s the biggest issue for the entry plaza right now, trying to dump and refill the park at peak times. If they had an overflow exit for the monorail and another for the resort busses that could help but then it confuses guests trying to exit a different way than they entered.
The biggest issue is Bob didn’t expand to fit the crowds comfortably

Artificially allowing “demand” to exceed supply

Works for immediate cash grabs…terrible for longterm business and satisfaction

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Absolutely poor management and planning and it continues

Just look at all the new exciting things to open over the next few years and I’m not talking about the fort wilderness DVC single wide trailers

ChrisFL

Premium Member

They should add more routes through the front that are permanent, I guess like DLP has but I haven't been there to see them in person.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
…some of the unwashed poors might actually show up on their zoom calls to thank them 😱
Feel Good Animation GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It seems like they are perfectly happy with where things are right now. With G+ they've managed to successfully monetize and even incentivize their lack of capacity. They can throw a few levers to make minor adjustments when things get slow, but I don't think there is the need or realization or urgency to affect large scale changes to operations or additions to capacity on the level of new lands or parks.

I also think they are afraid to go big at this point with anything. After the very soft SWGE first summer (Yes it didn't have ROTR) that spooked them, and even more recently the underwhelming Harmonious has fostered a genuine and valid concern that any big expansion might not be received well initially. I think you can see this in the very vague concepts and trial balloons floated at D23 and in other outlets over the past couple of years post pandemic.

Finally I don't think they have enough money to devote a significant and meaningful expansion to a domestic park, when you factor in the requirements of the rest of their world-wide properties and cruise lines for capital spending.

TrainsOfDisney

If you only cared about the bottom line, why not have major layoffs at the studios and slow down production- maybe have Disney and Pixar outsource some animation to cut down on costs?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I repeat: Is there any chance of Iger being shown the door?
Shown the door? No…
Doubtful as the shareholders would panic...also, who would be the best person to replace him right now?
You’re reading that backwards…

“Shareholders” are mostly 5 or so hedges…and they see flat…unfulfilled promises and new struggles with product and content.

Fired? No
Forced out in a negotiated deal?
Maybe

A lot higher percentage chance of that now than last year

Last edited:

Willmark

Whatever could you mean?

What's that? There is a sound out there? Could it be the sound of restless cattle in the paddock that is the hub?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom