Rumors from the Boat Captain

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am a new member to the forum. While at the GF in January, I saw several empty dump trucks going into a cleared area just down from the GF parking lot. Could this be proof that #3 is in progress?
They are building a new fire station in that generally area so it is doubtful.

brkgnews

They are building a new fire station in that generally area so it is doubtful.
Ehhhhhhh... not neccesarily. The new fire station is essentially finished. We wheeled by coming back from some backstage activities one day. Some fairly reliable sources say there's a big honkin' gate in the area with a couple of security cameras trained on it, but I haven't personally seen it to verify.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ehhhhhhh... not neccesarily. The new fire station is essentially finished. We wheeled by coming back from some backstage activities one day. Some fairly reliable sources say there's a big honkin' gate in the area with a couple of security cameras trained on it, but I haven't personally seen it to verify.
If you get a chance can you mark a rough location where that fire station and that gate is on a map and I will see what I can did up permit wise on that location.

WDW Monorail

If you get a chance can you mark a rough location where that fire station and that gate is on a map and I will see what I can did up permit wise on that location.

In October of last year (I believe), a permit was filed for the moving of the old security gate to its new location just west of the station on Maple Rd.

I'm sure you know why there is a heavily fortified gate there.
:zipit:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=27656540&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

MAGICFLOP

Isn't that the plot of land that's (supposedly) for the high-dollar fifth gate (Night Kingdom or whatever?). It's near the new fire station.

Why do they have to put it near the fire station. Why not in order so it is easy to find. "Just count four gates and look for the 5th on the right", easy to find that way.

Joan Rivers should do a show about these rumors..

"Can we Talk....... I had a boat Captain tell me ...."

Disney pecking order for info:
CEO > Board of Directors > Imagineers > Boat Captains > guests
(Disney built an empire on this formula)

s8film40

The Gate is located right next to the fire station. It is the entrance to the landfill you will see the Reedy Creek dump trucks going in and out of there pretty much throughout the day every day. The fire station is located at the intersection of Floridian Way and Maple Rd. The gate restricts access to maple road which leads to the landfill.

2566792910_d92afb2ea1_o.jpg

s8film40

Yes. The landfill is just South West of the compound.

The rumor for quite some time was that some of the old Mark IV monorails were buried in the landfill, while I don't know if I completely believe that you can see large containers in the process of being buried in the arial shots.

WDW Monorail

The rumor for quite some time was that some of the old Mark IV monorails were buried in the landfill, while I don't know if I completely believe that you can see large containers in the process of being buried in the arial shots.

No Mark IVs are burried there. However, 11 or 12 20k subs are.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Gate is located right next to the fire station. It is the entrance to the landfill you will see the Reedy Creek dump trucks going in and out of there pretty much throughout the day every day. The fire station is located at the intersection of Floridian Way and Maple Rd. The gate restricts access to maple road which leads to the landfill.

2566792910_d92afb2ea1_o.jpg
That is what I thought. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom