Rumor: Stay On Property - Get Cheap Stuff

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
OK, wild rumor but I wanted to throw it out there. I was talking to a CM today and he said that over the holidays, if you stay on property, Disney is going to give you the CM discount of 35% off merchandise in stores around WDW. Anyone heard of this? I've searched and can't find anything on it.

SirGoofy

OK, wild rumor but I wanted to throw it out there. I was talking to a CM today and he said that over the holidays, if you stay on property, Disney is going to give you the CM discount of 35% off merchandise in stores around WDW. Anyone heard of this? I've searched and can't find anything on it.

Well who ever you were talking to obviously isn't too in the know. They got the Cast Discount wrong! It's 40%, not 35%. And I have no idea if it's true, but I doubt it.

EPCOT.nut

*crosses fingers*

:king::xmas:

Skyway

Yes, it is true! (but it's not a Cast Member discount, per se. It is a 35% discount)

I don't have the details in front of me, but I believe it may have been only for passholders. There may have also been a 2-night minimum , and it may have been only for select weekends. I was surprised to see the number of stores participating.

If I find the Passholder e-mail sent to me I will post it here.

EPCOT.nut

Yes, it is true! (but it's not a Cast Member discount, per se. It is a 35% discount)

I don't have the details in front of me, but I believe it may have been only for passholders. There may have also been a 2-night minimum , and it may have been only for select weekends. I was surprised to see the number of stores participating.

If I find the Passholder e-mail sent to me I will post it here.

Please do! That would be awesome if you would post that here! :sohappy:

tirian

This rumor has been circulating for weeks, and I don't know how complicated the terms of the discount will (possibly) be.

WDW doesn't need to increase attendance for this Christmas. It's booked solid.

Next year, however, is a different story.

(p.s. The Cast discount is only 40% during the holiday season.)

imamouse

It's true. I received a Passholder e-mail about this on Oct 16. The dates are Nov 2-6 and Nov 16-20. The offer details for the 35% discount are as follows:

Stay for just a night or make a vacation out of it—whatever you need to kick off your holiday shopping early. It's the most relaxing way to shop (and save) ever!

Disney Passholders,when you book this special room offer, you can also save 35% on select merchandise during your stay at great shops like the World of Disney® store—the largest Disney merchandise store on the planet! Get a jump on holiday decorations at Disney's Days of Christmas. Or find the perfect gift at the Main Street Emporium. The list goes on and on.

Passholder exclusive: get into the World of Disney one hour early. The store will be open from 8:30–9:30 a.m., November 18, 19 and 20 just for Passholders.

P.S. Value resort Passholder rate for these dates is $49/night.

Jaytrod

It is indeed true. My GF sister works for Disney and last year at this time we went and did all our christmas shopping with her and saved sooo much money. We saved so much we are doing it again next week :D. We do our normal park routine and keep an eye on things we like and see if we can find them other places and then on the last day we take her to lunch and she takes us shopping so we can use her discount. It is most definitely worth the trip or worth sending your friends and family some money if you can take advantage of this discount.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
flying_pig.jpg

hardcard

Dunno about stuff, but gas continues to be cheaper on property than in the surrounding areas... Last night the Hess near MK was at 2.13 a gallon.. off property you're looking at 2.26 of higher..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom