Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

TTA94

Hard to believe Disney is taking this lightly with loosing Spectro.. I mean this loss probably goes beyond TDO I would think. The question is what do they plan to do about it? We can all assume they have no intentions of doing anything, but if MSEP is indeed in really bad shape then surely they must have something in mind?

Tip Top Club

There are obviously some local entertainment managers who are a little more clued in than others. I give them big props for taking the brunt of Limited Time Magic, I'm sure they are throwing together events like Long Lost Friends, and True Love week at the drop of a hat, and using characters like Bert, and Robin Hood, is a relatively gutsy move for them (Considering when Disneyland Did it, one of the chosen characters was Donald Duck.)

Obviously not everyone is a villain, but there is a huge problem when you treat a huge investment like it meant nothing. There may be some forces out there who are just as appalled as we are. But it doesn't seem to be the people who are actually making the BIG decisions.

aladdin2007

Check out the Nightfall Glow Parade at Tokyo Disneyland, they have this one along with Dreamlights!!! Wow must be nice!!! skip ahead to the 2 min mark....if link does not work just type in nightfall glow tokyo disney and there are many different vids. Unbelievable, and what do we get? nothing.

Click here: ???????·??? - YouTube

AllyInWonderland

On this magic night
A million stars will play beside us
Cast a spell of light
Glimmering, shimmering, carouseling
'Round the world tonight
A symphony in Spectromagic
Pure enchantment lights our way!

Music surrounds us
Laughter that found us
Whirling around this
Carousel of light and wonder

Though we say goodbye
We cast a spell together that won't be broken
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

Now just hearing this song makes me want to cry :(

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Or why not do it the TDO way, and use the best working floats from all the parades, and just assume that no one will care.

Actually, I think the plan would be to stop having a parade all together and hope no one notices.

ellie-badge

Losing SpectroMagic forever breaks my heart, as that was my favorite parade. What would totally crush me, however, would be to hear that the corporate heads decided to do away with nighttime parades altogether. The nighttime parades, in my opinion, are the epitome of true Disney magic, and to lose such a whimsical display of entertainment would be a real travesty.

Tom

Beta Return
Simple! Just say that the tech is obsolete.

Touche!

"We've done away with parades and Christmas lights because light bulbs are obsolete technology and we've searched high and low to find an alternative, with no luck. Maybe by 2050 someone will invent a some sort of Light-Emitting Doohicky to help us resolve this tragic problem. Until then, please enjoy these bulky ID Tags- er, Magical Wristbands."

jrogue

This is absolutely depressing. Spectromagic was my favorite parade in WDW and I had been looking forward to its return. If the original floats really are beyond repair then they should just make new & upgraded Spectromagic floats. :(

yensid67

Simple! Just say that the tech is obsolete.

Seems like whenever Disney wants to save money, allof a sudden things become OBSOLETE! Give me a Break! This is Disney for God's sakes, the land of Magic and Fantasy, nothing is obsolete!

Also, is it just me or have you noticed too, that the foriegn parks are getting $$$$ put into them? Not like WDW or even DL! My thought about NO PARADES...IF that does happen, my only hope would be that Disney replaces it with a Daytime and nighttime parade that travel THROUGH the resort, like from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney!

aladdin2007

I wrote a letter about this topic to Steve Davieson about a little over a month ago in regards to Spectro and what new entertainment is in stores for WDW. Still haven't heard back yet. I guess he's still plussing Dreams.

Would be interesting to hear what he replies back with if he does. He may not be able to say anything though, or maybe he just isnt working on anything for Disney World, I know rumor was that he is but that was awhile ago and nothing has come of anything. TDO/holmes probably put a red light on everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom