Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

aladdin2007

Given that Fantillusion has been announced as closing at DLP this year, could it be in our future?

TDO wouldn't spend the money to purchase fantillusion.

ps: is DLP replacing fantillusion with something new or just doing away all together with a light parade? .....fearing thats going to be the outcome here once msep crumbles down the middle of main street.

parker4fm

ps: is DLP replacing fantillusion with something new or just doing away all together with a light parade? .....fearing thats going to be the outcome here once msep crumbles down the middle of main street.

No word on anything new. No word on if/when it will return. They are changing scenes in Dreams and adding Glow with the Show.

Tip Top Club

This whole debacle literally makes my heart hurt. What happened here was irresponsible on so many levels. I'm disappointed, and not just as a fan of the parade, but as a fan of the parks. Things are being encouraged to fall into disrepair, and somehow that's okay? When meanwhile we can't spend money to add anything new, but we let our old stuff die? Maybe if we had something new and better to look forward to, but we don't! What could they possibly be thinking?

aladdin2007

This whole debacle literally makes my heart hurt. What happened here was irresponsible on so many levels. I'm disappointed, and not just as a fan of the parade, but as a fan of the parks. Things are being encouraged to fall into disrepair, and somehow that's okay? When meanwhile we can't spend money to add anything new, but we let our old stuff die? Maybe if we had something new and better to look forward to, but we don't! What could they possibly be thinking?

That they dont care, as long as they didnt have to spend a buck.

Tip Top Club

But that's the thing, they lost much more then a buck. I don't know how much Spectromagic cost, but that's money down the drain, now. Whereas if they had maybe spent a tiny bit more time and energy storing it properly, they would still have it, and now they have nothing. Money flushed away. It would be different if they had actively decided to retire the parade, but they didn't, they just allowed it to fall into disrepair.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Holy cow, that was a depressing read. I feel about 8 pages behind on this thread and just caught up. Good god, what a shameful display by TDO. I continue to be absolutely flabbergasted by the TDO defenders. How anyone could read this, and then talk about how the "complainers" are all wrong and WDW has never been better? It hurts my brain.

menamechris

To be honest - I have no idea how people haven't lost their jobs over something like this. It's negligence. Anyone who should be responsible for and overseeing backstage storage should be very aware of how props and floats should be handled and properly taken care of. As was said earlier - this has to hundreds of thousands of dollars and investment down the drain due to stupidity and irresponsibility.

asianway

This about sums up how meet n' greets have gone downhill in the past ten years.

spectrodanny

and in a way it's a GOOD Thing they arn't buying Fantilusion, as imo the SHOW STOPS are the BEST prt and i'd say there s a good chance if WDW ever DID get Fantllusion we'd probably never see the show stops again

OFTeric

Or why not do it the TDO way, and use the best working floats from all the parades, and just assume that no one will care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom