[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Po'Rich

Honestly, the safest thing for Disney to do is to retheme it to a Muppets-themed Electric Mayhem ride. Anything else involves the gamble that comes from having a real person (what if that person's star fades? What if that person does something offensive --or worse? etc.).

Smiley/OCD

Honestly, the safest thing for Disney to do is to retheme it to a Muppets-themed Electric Mayhem ride. Anything else involves the gamble that comes from having a real person (what if that person's star fades? What if that person does something offensive --or worse? etc.).
Just use the model that GotG does…10-20 different songs and randomize them, so they could swap out a song or two if need be…

J4546

retheme it to goofy movies going to see Powerline in concert and "doing the perfect cast" as you loop around....Also tear down animation courtyard and all buildings behind it and make a new giant tootntown with MMRR being relocated in its own unique toon themed theater like DL, a new one off donald and daisy water ride, a few smaller rides like chip n dales acorn drop, etc... all tied together with the Powerline coaster and viola you have the best toontown ever! And then put new great movie ride in its original spot using trackless tech that allows scenes to be changed out every year or 2 to coincide with major movie releases.

Raidermatt

I think all of the difficulties mentioned with rethemeing the ride is exactly why it hasn't been rethemed. That and the fact it is still top tier in terms of popularity.

There's also the fact Disney is much more averse to paying licensing fees than they were when RnRC opened. I am shocked they did it with Guardians, but it was such a good fit I guess they were ok pulling the trigger.

Powerline or Electric Mayhem seem like safe ideas on the surface, but I doubt Disney wants to trust one of it's most important DHS attractions to niche IP. I do think they will eventually convert it to in-house IP, but it will something of broader appeal. Like they did with California Screamin' to The Incredicoaster in Anaheim. (hopefully they do a better job next time though)

Roger Rabbit would be a great fit, bringing it more in line with the old school Sunset Blvd theme. But that has the problem of licensing as well as the fact it is an older property. So it will probably be something newer. Really they could do just about anything if they ditch the "get to the concert" theme.

Bocabear

I kind of liked the Incredibles Idea... but there would ne nothing else in the area tied to that franchise...
A Toontown behind Sunset Boulevard would allow them to use the Roger Rabbit franchise which is a much better fit for this "Old Hollywood" section of the park....

Smiley/OCD

I kind of liked the Incredibles Idea... but there would ne nothing else in the area tied to that franchise...
A Toontown behind Sunset Boulevard would allow them to use the Roger Rabbit franchise which is a much better fit for this "Old Hollywood" section of the park....
I liked the Roger Rabbit franchise as much as the next person, but isn’t that too old? Are these “youngins” going to appreciate it?
Will a certain segment of our population find Jessica’s depiction “problematic”?

IMHO, I just think if it’s decided to ditch the musical theme and totally rework the ride, there are better Disney IP to use…

Colonel Angus

I know there is a lot of Pixar IP but there is a lot of underutilized Pixar stuff they could pick from. Or what about more classic Mickey and friends cartoons like the trailer, or like Goofy learning to do things (skiing, baseball, etc...)

Retheme test track to this:

Lilofan

If you don't know who Olivia Rodrigo is you likely aren't up to date with current pop music... Which is fine. She had a huge hit earlier this year and just dropped her first album which is doing fine. A year ago she was a musical nobody.

All that being said there's zero chance Disney would go after her when they could get ..
Idk, Pink or Sheryl Crow or someone else that people in this thread would recognize.
Grammy Award winner Olivia Rodrigo is the real deal. Next year headlining a USA concert tour to include 4 nights at NYC Madison Square Garden. She's only 20 and her future is extremely bright.

KeithVH

1695419324727.png

Smiley/OCD

Grammy Award winner Olivia Rodrigo is the real deal. Next year headlining a USA concert tour to include 4 nights at NYC Madison Square Garden. She's only 20 and her future is extremely bright.
BTS sold out several nights at MSG and THEY don’t deserve RnRR either…sorry, but folks have LOW bars and standards…I’m never was a huge Aerosmith fan, but to put Olivia on the same pedestal as Tyler & co.?
NO CONTEST…besides, you see who gets Grammys these days?

Lilofan

BTS sold out several nights at MSG and THEY don’t deserve RnRR either…sorry, but folks have LOW bars and standards…I’m never was a huge Aerosmith fan, but to put Olivia on the same pedestal as Tyler & co.?
NO CONTEST…besides, you see who gets Grammys these days?
I'm not a fan of Olivia but when Aerosmith started there were playing small gigs in New England and they were relatively unknowns. Olivia popularity has exploded at such a young age and soon to embark on a US tour at age 20 playing 4 nights at MSG something Tyler and the boys couldn't do starting out. The biggest scam artists who won Grammys back in the day was Milli Vanilli.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I'm not a fan of Olivia but when Aerosmith started there were playing small gigs in New England and they were relatively unknowns. Olivia popularity has exploded at such a young age and soon to embark on a US tour at age 20 playing 4 nights at MSG something Tyler and the boys couldn't do starting out. The biggest scam artists who won Grammys back in the day was Milli Vanilli.
Maybe they couldn’t sell out 4 nights at MSG as early in their career as Olivia, but I would GLADLY take a bet with you that Olivia won’t be able to sell out a port-o-potty at 75…hell, make it 50…

Smiley/OCD

i'm gonna make this simple. What is the name of the ride? Got that? Cool.

Now throw out any idea or recommendation that isn't that music style.

Really narrows the field of possibilities.
Not really because Dolly Parton is now in the ROCK & ROLL Hall of Fame…just sayin…

Lilofan

Maybe they couldn’t sell out 4 nights at MSG as early in their career as Olivia, but I would GLADLY take a bet with you that Olivia won’t be able to sell out a port-o-potty at 75…hell, make it 50…
I’m surprised the members of Aerosmith haven’t been died from the excess drugs and alcohol which was part of their lifestyle for many years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom