Rumor: Monsters Coaster at MGM

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
New rumor, fresh out off the mill..

There's talk of a Monsters Inc theme inverted roller coaster going into MGM in 2009-2010. It'd be near Toy Story Mania, and be themed to the door-chase scene.

Salt to taste, enjoy.

Mr Bill

It seems plausible to me. The idea of a Door Chase Coaster has been floating around since....well since the first person saw that scene in the movie.

hpyhnt 1000

This is an interesting idea. The door chase sequence would make for a perfect coaster, better than Ratatouille. Would be great to see it realized.

kcnole

I wouldn't mind a coaster based off the door chase sequence but I don't want it to be inverted. We already have one inverted coaster in MGM, DHS, whatever the park is. If its going to be a Monsters coaster it needs to be a family coaster that we can all enjoy together. I will be very very unhappy if we put another inverted coaster in the park.

WDI needs to look back at Walts words for why he first invented the parks. He wanted a place where the whole family could have fun together. Inverted coasters do not even come close to reaching the whole family, certainly not together.

hpyhnt 1000

Wha ?

There is no inverted coaster currently at DHS.

The only coaster there is RnRc which is standard.

Unless you're being sarcastic and I can't tell, RnRC is an inverted coaster. It has three inversions: 2 loops at the beginning and a corkscrew towards the end.

MuRkErY

I dont think you understand what an Inverted coaster is.

An Inverted coaster is not a coaster which has "Invesions", an Inverted coaster is a coaster that is under the rails rather than on top. Think Duelling Dragons at IOA

StageFrenzy

I dont think you understand what an Inverted coaster is.

An Inverted coaster is not a coaster which has "Invesions", an Inverted coaster is a coaster that is under the rails rather than on top. Think Duelling Dragons at IOA

or the much maligned pterodactyl coaster at IOA

Brian_B

Great scott.

With the location of TSM, and the seemingly stoic-ness of the hat, I can just see them gutting the GMR building, killing off the chinese theatre facade altogether, and using the old GMR building as the indoor housing for such a coaster. The new entrance of course would be across the way from TSM (that's the GMR show building on the left).

Nothing lasts forever in the cold november rain...

oh wait, it's december.

goofyfan13

Unless you're being sarcastic and I can't tell, RnRC is an inverted coaster. It has three inversions: 2 loops at the beginning and a corkscrew towards the end.

cp_raptor.jpg

The image above is an inverted coaster, which is as MuRkErY stated is simply a coaster where the train rides below the track, thus making them inverted from the norm. In this example this coaster is going through an inversion, which is what your confusing. Inverted coasters don't have to go upside down either, but they commonly do.

RnR is considered an LIM launch coaster. Hope that clears the confusion.

This rumor sounds pretty cool, hope it comes true. This is one Pixar ride I wouldn't mind seeing added even with the recent Pixar invasion of the parks.

lwalker8

The whole idea of a Monster's Inc inverted roller coaster just doesn't work for me. The film and it's themes are far too family oriented for a thrill ride to be based on.

I'd hope they could work another big coaster into one of the parks though. With a more appropriate theme than the rumored one here.:shrug:

dreamlives1984

How Funny!

I'm going to have to agree with my brother. While I agree that it would be deliciously fun to ride a flying door through a monster scream-into-energy factory, it just doesn't make sense. It's not enough to give any reason to make an attraction, let alone a high-speed coaster at that! Thrill rides aren't necessarily the best way to tell stories. Normally (with a few exceptions), the story lies within the pre-show and just in the feelings that are emoted from the "thrills" themselves.

I really don't think the Imagineers are banking on enough people getting excited over riding on flying doors through the Monster's Inc factory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom