Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Goofyernmost

I wasn't saying HoP and American Adventure are currently similar. He suggested changing HoP to a different type of show, and what he was describing was very similar to American Adventure. I was pointing out that American Adventure already exists, so it wouldn't make sense to change HoP to be like it.
Sorry, I must have read it incorrectly.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

He won't get an AA either. Not for the reason he became president. Anyways, time to move on with this as playing a hypothetical game of "Will Trump resign" is boring.
If he does get in, which I also doubt, he will have an AA because there is no reason why he shouldn't. I'm not sure why you think that is the case. There is no precedent in this at all.

_caleb

I wasn't saying HoP and American Adventure are currently similar. He suggested changing HoP to a different type of show, and what he was describing was very similar to American Adventure. I was pointing out that American Adventure already exists, so it wouldn't make sense to change HoP to be like it.
And I was saying that it might indeed be similar, but that it would still be better than 50 glorified mannequins crowded onto a stage for a few minutes.

Look, I actually LOVE the Hall of Presidents. It’s the perfect marriage of robots, history, social commentary, and patriotism. I just think the format could change to tell a better, more engaging story (see the American Adventure and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Who knows with Trump as anything is possible but I would guess that trying a blanket pardon won't be legal. I did ask my Magic 8-ball whether Pence will be president and I got this:

View attachment 511932
1605192918385.png

ToTBellHop

If we manage to get a 46th and 47th POTUS in the next 3 months, both would be added to the HoP, obviously. I can’t believe we are debating this. The Magic Kingdom is no place to debate the merits of each President. With that said, there would obviously not be a time when Pence was showcased as the current POTUS. I expect a closure soon enough.

_caleb

If we manage to get a 46th and 47th POTUS in the next 3 months, both would be added to the HoP, obviously. I can’t believe we are debating this. The Magic Kingdom is no place to debate the merits of each President. With that said, there would obviously not be a time when Pence was showcased as the current POTUS. I expect a closure soon enough.
I didn't think we were debating the merits of any president, but rather the merits of HoP's current approach to the show (and whether it should be changed). Maybe I'm missing something?

FigmentsFangirl

If anything for a new naration, put it back the way it was before 2017 ? that was when I really enjoyed it, Morgan Freemans voice is good for narrating and I really miss that version

Goofyernmost

Then maybe the point of the thing needs to change.

Again, you’re free to disagree. I’m glad some people think the old approach still has merit.

Eventually, they’ll need more room on the stage. But that’s okay, because the show is so unpopular they can just remove seats and expand into the audience area to accommodate dozens more animatronics!
Yea, I know I haven't been in it for the last 4 years, but will return at the point where my stomach isn't turning.

RSoxNo1

If anything for a new naration, put it back the way it was before 2017 ? that was when I really enjoyed it, Morgan Freemans voice is good for narrating and I really miss that version
The current version is great. Upgraded video screens and audio make for a great experience. Lean into that, eliminate the sitting president having a speaking role and it would be great.

Magenta Panther

They already have one in there, he's being relegated to back in January.

Huh, the above didn't get deleted for some reason...🤨

By the way, have you ever seen Zootopia? Remember that scene when Judy tells Nick that for a fox, he's a "real articulate fella"?

Who do you think she was quoting....? ;)

TrainsOfDisney

IMO, they should simply have the show lead performer(s) be Washington or Lincoln or both, but have all others in quiet nod/spotlight on introduction mode.
Lincoln is a nice tribute to Walt and the first full AA, so I certainly “vote” that he stays. Hopefully my vote counts!

I’ve never been offended by the current Presidents speech. Not Clinton, Bush, Obama, or Trump. I have no clue why hearing the President speak is such a problem for people.

Lilofan

A 46 and 47 in the next three months, now that's straight out of MK Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom