Rumor lightyear update to the buzz actions in the parks.

UNCgolf

And so is Space Ranger Spin.

Interactive shooting rides may not be everyone’s cup of tea but they are pretty perfect for the family crowds at Disney. I’d be in favor of changing this ride to a more space oriented (and less “toy” concept) by basing it on Lightyear but it’s a solid part of the ride lineup at MK.

Is it? I thought it typically had some of the shortest waits in the park, especially considering it's a low capacity ride. I think it's typically around the same wait time as Winnie the Pooh.

doctornick

Is it? I thought it typically had some of the shortest waits in the park, especially considering it's a low capacity ride. I think it's typically around the same wait time as Winnie the Pooh.
Buzz is an Omnimover with high capacity. But my experience is that wait times are low early in the day but balloon during late morning once people have done the mad rush to Space.

TSMM had much lower capacity than Buzz but they are probably more comparable now since they added the third track there.

UNCgolf

Buzz is an Omnimover with high capacity. But my experience is that wait times are low early in the day but balloon during late morning once people have done the mad rush to Space.

TSMM had much lower capacity than Buzz but they are probably more comparable now since they added the third track there.

I know it's an Omnimover but I'm pretty sure it has a relatively low capacity because the ride vehicles only seat two people. I'm almost positive I've read that it's less than 1000 per hour, but who knows. It must be lower capacity than other Omnimovers with larger ride vehicles. I believe I've read the two track version of TSM had higher hourly capacity than Buzz, but again who knows if that's accurate.

Looking at Touring Plans reported wait times for the past few days, the wait is similar to Winnie the Pooh, sometimes 5-10 minutes less. The Buzz wait was typically around 30-40 minutes.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

TSMM & Spaceranger Spin are two of our favorite rides at WDW. Always on the short list of "to do."

Which is good because you need attractions that to appeal to various groups. Most people don't like every single attraction.

I'd only consider riding either if they were a walk-on, but the fact that other people enjoy them means there's more room elsewhere.

JMcMahonEsq

I know it's an Omnimover but I'm pretty sure it has a relatively low capacity because the ride vehicles only seat two people. I'm almost positive I've read that it's less than 1000 per hour, but who knows. It must be lower capacity than other Omnimovers with larger ride vehicles. I believe I've read the two track version of TSM had higher hourly capacity than Buzz, but again who knows if that's accurate.

Looking at Touring Plans reported wait times for the past few days, the wait is similar to Winnie the Pooh, sometimes 5-10 minutes less. The Buzz wait was typically around 30-40 minutes.
The ride vehicles ability to spin 360 and allowing the rider to control the spin is going to limit your riders per vehicle. That’s why TSM can get 4 riders per car while BL is limited to 2. I also think it’s part of the appeal to BL. It’s not just simple track ride where they put me in front of a screen. You get to chose where to turn and what to shoot at. Helps promote re-Ridability and I think a good feature.

UNCgolf

I still play The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on my Switch.

Maybe Disney should update TSMM into Midway Mania: REMAKE and sell tons of DLC through MDE. Pay $50 to add a Chapek target to each game?

That's why I added the boring modifier. 30 year old video games can still be fun! TSM just isn't one of them.

Chip Chipperson

Am I the only one who actually likes Buzz?

I like it, but half the time I get a blaster that barely works. Upgrades would be nice, but I'll withhold any judgment regarding a potential Lightyear makeover until I've actually seen the movie. I suppose an upside to a Lightyear makeover would be that something with the OG Buzz could then be put in Toy Story Land without feeling redundant (obviously it wouldn't be an arcade-type attraction) - assuming there's any appetite for adding capacity via new attractions if/when the time comes.

UNCgolf

I like it, but half the time I get a blaster that barely works. Upgrades would be nice, but I'll withhold any judgment regarding a potential Lightyear makeover until I've actually seen the movie. I suppose an upside to a Lightyear makeover would be that something with the OG Buzz could then be put in Toy Story Land without feeling redundant (obviously it wouldn't be an arcade-type attraction) - assuming there's any appetite for adding capacity via new attractions if/when the time comes.

That would be nice, but I was under the impression there's no room to add anything else to Toy Story Land.

Fido Chuckwagon

Space Ranger Spin isn't low capacity. It's an omnimover. Those are all high capacity. It has a higher throughput than Pooh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom