Rumor lightyear update to the buzz actions in the parks.

griffin ferrari

Original Poster
According to the other site apparently there’s already in works to referb all the buzz light-year themed rides to an updated version using the new lightyear movie.

Naplesgolfer

Journey to Imagination ( current version) and Buzz are nearly the same age. Buzz gets many more riders than Figment. While Buzz really needs a refurb too, I would say Figment would be a better use of refurb dollars. It would make more of a impact for Epcot than buzz would for MK.

aladdin2007

It’s not in the works. It’s in discussions. They want to see how the film does. But it is very much an option for MK. It would be a lengthy closure and they already committed to Frog Mountain.
This, but they need to commit something for stitch already, its just pathetic we cant have an attraction there when the park is in dire need of as much capacity as possible. But they don't care or see it that way of course, sadly.

UNCgolf

TSM is popular.

While I think TSM is one of the worst rides at Disney (Space Ranger Spin is in that category as well), I think the newer (even though it's quite outdated now) technology gives it a boost.

I assume any Space Ranger Spin overhaul would just change out some of what's currently there to match up with the new movie; I doubt they'd bother upgrading the tech involved.

lewisc

While I think TSM is one of the worst rides at Disney (Space Ranger Spin is in that category as well), I think the newer (even though it's quite outdated now) technology gives it a boost.

I assume any Space Ranger Spin overhaul would just change out some of what's currently there to match up with the new movie; I doubt they'd bother upgrading the tech involved.
By any objective standard TSM isn't a great ride. Nevertheless I enjoy it. Not every attraction has to be great, state of the art. Something to be said for a ride a lot of people enjoy.

James Alucobond

Now I’m going to be sitting in lightyear the whole time wondering what’s going to happen to warrant re-doing all the rides. 🤔
I certainly don't understand why you'd redo anything within Toy Story Land itself, but re-theming Space Ranger Spin to Lightyear makes a lot of sense as it would differentiate it from what's available in Hollywood Studios and probably be a better fit overall within Tomorrowland.

Animaniac93-98

In all seriousness, I'm not a fan of the overall aesthetic and concept of Buzz where everything is a "toy" in garish neon colours, and goofy cartoon dimensions.

If the ride became a "real" space ranger mission, with a more visually compelling design and effects, that would go a long way in improving it.

Gran Fiesta

This, but they need to commit something for stitch already, its just pathetic we cant have an attraction there when the park is in dire need of as much capacity as possible. But they don't care or see it that way of course, sadly.
It’s not in the works. It’s in discussions. They want to see how the film does. But it is very much an option for MK. It would be a lengthy closure and they already committed to Frog Mountain.
I agree, I'm all for updating Space Ranger Spin because it needs it. Apparently, the other site said that it still uses the same track as
1972 If You Had Wings, is that true???? However, I would like them to fill in empty buildings like the stitch building first in order to increase capacity before they shut down Splash Mountain AND Space Ranger Spin. Apparently, Tron isn't going to increase capacity that much.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In all seriousness, I'm not a fan of the overall aesthetic and concept of Buzz where everything is a "toy" in garish neon colours, and goofy cartoon dimensions.

If the ride became a "real" space ranger mission, with a more visually compelling design and effects, that would go a long way in improving it.
You mean like MiB at USO?

castlecake2.0

Next time I’m bored I’d like to put together an estimate of all the capacity magic kingdom has lost since 1997, its madness.

UNCgolf

Next time I’m bored I’d like to put together an estimate of all the capacity magic kingdom has lost since 1997, its madness.

EPCOT is even worse.

Animal Kingdom has obviously added a lot of capacity, and DHS has added some -- I'm not sure how much they've added total when factoring in everything that's been removed, but the additional retail space and dining at Galaxy's Edge was a nice increase at the very least -- but it's bad at MK and EPCOT. And despite all the money they're currently spending on EPCOT, I'm almost positive they're still going to be lagging well behind the capacity it had 30 years ago.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom