RUMOR!-Fantasmic! to recieve updates or be replaced by 2020.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Upgrade the dragon, replace the Pocahontas skit, improve the projections, refresh the score (keeping the iconic themes), and add something new that is unique. Boom. Fixed.
Don't touch the score. I'm going to cry like a baby the last time I see Reflections of Earth and the score is 100% the reason why. Fantasmic isn't quite that good but it shouldn't change.

Rip SpectroMagic, the lost third person of the WDW musical trinity.

aladdin2007

Bypass through everything. I did the same exact thing a couple years ago. I think it's the equivalent of doing a FP for it.

thanks I would like to maybe try that,,,,, the last time at the front the crowds were just horrible the way they corral everyone stomping on each other in the dark.

jgrinstein

I could see them replacing Fanstasmic! or improving it. DHS nighttime and daytime shows really confuse me though. I don't understand why there are 3 nighttime shows in DHS. I think 2 of them need to go, or be more different than the others. It doesn't help or make sense either that they happen around the same time.

ToTBellHop

I could see them replacing Fanstasmic! or improving it. DHS nighttime and daytime shows really confuse me though. I don't understand why there are 3 nighttime shows in DHS. I think 2 of them need to go, or be more different than the others. It doesn't help or make sense either that they happen around the same time.
Neither the Center Stage shows nor Fantasmic! can hold an entire park-worth of guests. Having different shows at roughly the same time allows Disney to present two (really) different offerings so you can go two different nights. The old method was to just run Fantasmic! twice but two different shows might actually extend a hotel stay. Plus the park can now close earlier than in the past. DHS was always 9-10 with Fantasmic! at 9 and 10:30. Now they can close at 9. It’s a win on many levels for Disney.

Disone

Am I the only one who likes the Pocahontas scene lol?
No. I liked it. I did prefer the original Peter Pan scene from Disneyland Fantasmic, but I I have always liked the Pocahontas scene. Now that Disneyland no longer has the Peter Pan scene I would like to see a version of it come to the Florida Fantasmic or for it to be restored in California because that Pirates of the Caribbean scene in Fantasmic is pretty bad. And I like the Pirates movies! But that fantasmic scene is just really bad.

jgrinstein

Neither the Center Stage shows nor Fantasmic! can hold an entire park-worth of guests. Having different shows at roughly the same time allows Disney to present two (really) different offerings so you can go two different nights. The old method was to just run Fantasmic! twice but two different shows might actually extend a hotel stay. Plus the park can now close earlier than in the past. DHS was always 9-10 with Fantasmic! at 9 and 10:30. Now they can close at 9. It’s a win on many levels for Disney.
Thank you, you clarified some of my confusion.
Still, I think that if Fantasmic is too small, then they should make the theater bigger and maybe upgrade the show as well. Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After gets a lot of people, but the park doesn’t have 2 or 3 shows at the same time. I guess the problem lies in the fact that DHS doesn’t have many rides or entertainment options to distract guests from nighttime shows like MK.
My concern lies a lot on the “temporary” attractions and entertainment that DHS is known for. In my opinion, they should start looking for more permanent solutions to problems and make the park more attractive and fun for guests. They don’t have to last forever, but long term designed rides and shows tend to be more detailed and spectacular than the temporary.

ToTBellHop

Thank you, you clarified some of my confusion.
Still, I think that if Fantasmic is too small, then they should make the theater bigger and maybe upgrade the show as well. Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After gets a lot of people, but the park doesn’t have 2 or 3 shows at the same time. I guess the problem lies in the fact that DHS doesn’t have many rides or entertainment options to distract guests from nighttime shows like MK.
My concern lies a lot on the “temporary” attractions and entertainment that DHS is known for. In my opinion, they should start looking for more permanent solutions to problems and make the park more attractive and fun for guests. They don’t have to last forever, but long term designed rides and shows tend to be more detailed and spectacular than the temporary.
I don’t mind varied nighttime entertainment (Disneyland does this) but agree wholeheartedly that they’ve used temporary entertainment in lieu of new attractions in DHS for years and the park really just needs more rides. It’s getting 3 E-Tickets in the next year. It needs a couple more and about a half dozen C or D ticket rides to complement the Es and shows.

Phicinfan

@marni1971 , @Magic Feather I am really curious on this now, and have not kept up with this rumor as much.

Per @marni1971 this area was one of the original targets for Tron was it not?

So is the leading thought replacement? Or is it renewing the current show?

I am a huge fan of Fantasmic, saw it two weeks ago while in WDW, but that is a ton of space that probably could be re-purposed to better use.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 , @Magic Feather I am really curious on this now, and have not kept up with this rumor as much.

Per @marni1971 this area was one of the original targets for Tron was it not?

So is the leading thought replacement? Or is it renewing the current show?

I am a huge fan of Fantasmic, saw it two weeks ago while in WDW, but that is a ton of space that probably could be re-purposed to better use.
It was. I’ve not heard of a new build since then.

Why repurpose when it swallows 7-14000 guests a night? What happened to the blessing of size? I’m the first to argue for tech updates but the show can still be a formidable display.

Phicinfan

It was. I’ve not heard of a new build since then.

Why repurpose when it swallows 7-14000 guests a night? What happened to the blessing of size? I’m the first to argue for tech updates but the show can still be a formidable display.
Any chance they add the day time show that was rumored at one point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom