Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

matt9112

That isn't going to happen. Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard will be there for the foreseeable future. Why would two Hollywood streets be in a Florida adventure park?

Just a snip of the 30s not attached to Hollywood directly even if alot of inspiration is from hollywood. I just think Hollywood is too specific since it's only one section of park. Is MK Fantasyland adventure....no.

britain

"Hollywood" is a more fancy way of saying "Movies". Even if Lucasfilm and Pixar are both headquartered in northern CA specifically to get away from the influence of Hollywood types, the word "Hollywood" could still apply to them.

And if that's the name, a 1930s Hollywood entrance land is a fine Act One for that park. Makes as much sense (if not more) than a turn of the century Main Street as an Act One for a Magic Kingdom.

Having said that, I kinda wish they could come up with a better name. Cinecot? Movie Kingdom?

wdrive

Just a snip of the 30s not attached to Hollywood directly even if alot of inspiration is from hollywood. I just think Hollywood is too specific since it's only one section of park. Is MK Fantasyland adventure....no.

Just a snip of the 30s not attached to Hollywood? What? Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard are just supposed to be a snip of Hollywood? The Graumans Chinese Theatre and Hollywood Tower Hotel are just snips? The Citizens of Hollywood are just snips. I could go on for awhile. Both streets scream Hollywood. The current set up of the park is that Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard are the 'real' streets of Hollywood then the rest of the park is the backlot where the movies are filmed. All of that says Hollywood to me.

While I think a studios theme for any theme park is quite weak, saying DHS doesn't suit having Hollywood in it's name is baffling. The park would make no sense having a Hollywood street as it's main entrance and not being themed to Hollywood/films.

matt9112

Just a snip of the 30s not attached to Hollywood? What? Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard are just supposed to be a snip of Hollywood? The Graumans Chinese Theatre and Hollywood Tower Hotel are just snips? The Citizens of Hollywood are just snips. I could go on for awhile. Both streets scream Hollywood. The current set up of the park is that Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard are the 'real' streets of Hollywood then the rest of the park is the backlot where the movies are filmed. All of that says Hollywood to me.

While I think a studios theme for any theme park is quite weak, saying DHS doesn't suit having Hollywood in it's name is baffling. The park would make no sense having a Hollywood street as it's main entrance and not being themed to Hollywood/films.

why is magic kingdom not main street usa land? your point is valid but to claim hollywood needs to stay in the title is a bit much.

matt9112

PS how many park guests connect all those dots?
how many park guests pay admission =)

wdrive

why is magic kingdom not main street usa land? your point is valid but to claim hollywood needs to stay in the title is a bit much.

There is too much Hollywood already in the park to drop the Hollywood title. It would be jarring to change the name to something with no relation to Hollywood/movies then have so much of the park based on Hollywood. Lets say it is renamed Disney's Florida Adventure. In what way can you explain why the entrance is Hollywood themed and a whole other land is also Hollywood themed? The Magic Kingdom isn't Main Street USA Land because the rest of the parks lands wouldn't fit under that. Everything that is in DHS and that is coming to DHS can fit under a Hollywood theme.

To not have Hollywood/movies in the name would be confusing and make absolutely no sense story wise.

misterID

I might have missed it, but I believe Star Wars is a film, making it fit into a Hollywood themed park perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom