Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

orlando678-

To add on... There's a reason why DCA exists. Because it fits and makes sense. It's a fantastic park after the redo and the theme still fits. It still celebrates California. Please do tell how DHS celebrates Florida... Or are you willfully ignorant?
True but sometimes things as the Little Mermaid make it a little vague

orlando678-

The Little Mermaid is a film that was produced primarily in California?
It doesn't have a lot to do with California itself though, that's what I mean. I mean most people wont know enough about the production of the movie and the theme hasn't got a lot do with the California theme of the park.

wdrive

It doesn't have a lot to do with California itself though, that's what I mean. I mean most people wont know enough about the production of the movie and the theme hasn't got a lot do with the California theme of the park.

But it's in the Animation Courtyard which represents a film studio which fits the Hollywood theme.

janoimagine

Tax breaks will do that.
Exactly, and unlike my home state of Michigan they are honoring them. I know a lot of people who have moved to Atlanta for the production boom ... they (the tax incentives) dont seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Honestly I have always liked GA for production, they have a great Film Commission, Great Crew and Great Locations.

MotherOfBirds

Environmental Prototype Commonwealth of Tomorrow

The People's Dreamocratic Republic of Magic

The United Animated Emirates

The Sultanate of Olaf

Come on, I've got a million of 'em

Miss Heinous

True but sometimes things as the Little Mermaid make it a little vague
The Little Mermaid is a movie... which was produced in California... People associate movies with Hollywood which is in California... At DCA it is based off of the seaside aquariums you would see along the Boardwalks of California... Not to mention The Little Mermaid is one of the most popular Disney films on the west coast. This is not a hard concept for most people just sayin'.

KrazyKat

So far for me, the best name that fits so far is Disney's Hollywood Adventure(s). Only thing is, it reminds me of Islands of Adventure.
I can just see it now, the people that think Harry Potter is at "That Adventures park".

Shaman

If any of you think Disney (or Disney's) Florida Adventure is a good idea for a park name, you need to turn in any sort of theme park fan card you have.

There is literally NOTHING Florida themed in the park. It's movies and Hollywood, period. That's not changing.

But please, keep armchair Imagineering.

Literally, visiting a park in Florida could be considered a...Florida Adventure. The park might not celebrate the state like DCA originally intended with California, but it can still work.

I think Disney's Hollywood Studios still works. The park is a showcase of Disney's properties in Hollywood. LucasFilm, Pixar, Touchstone, Disney Animation, ABC...limited ESPN and Marvel presence? But that limits them if they want to include outside properties...Lord of the Rings, Star Trek...Game of Thrones. :cautious:

The name is not important.

Nick Wilde

Literally, visiting a park in Florida could be considered a...Florida Adventure. The park might not celebrate the state like DCA originally intended with California, but it can still work.
With that logic, Disney should rename everything in WDW to Disney's Florida Adventure.

chiefs11

I'm going with either Disney Hollywood Adventure or Hollywood Experience
Both fit with the idea of putting you within the movies or experiences.

If they've tested names with focus groups, I'm surprised they haven't been leaked. I could see 'Hollywood Experience' or 'Hollywoodland' not testing well, but I would think 'Hollywood Adventure' might go over pretty well...but those are just my opinions.. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom