Rumor confirmations

invader

Unless the fire is in the enchanted tiki room, in which case it turned out ok.
I think we can also all agree to let it slide if SGE accidentally has a fire.

I'm also actually pretty happy about the list of confirmations. Eight, nine, and three are my favorites of the group. Seven actually surprises me as they've seem to become highly inclined to build DVCs on property on or near the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Sweet Melissa

Eight and nine are my favorites too. I look forward to hearing more about what is (or may be) coming. I'm also surprised about seven. I thought for sure that something was going to be announced about that area soon.

IanDLBZF

Note: Comments are in Bold Italics
Forgive me, but I'm not "up on it" when it comes to tracking every little rumor so forgive me if these have already been settled in the "community."

2. The "glow ears" from World of Color will be incorporated into MK's nighttime entertainment.
This is going to be awesome! Seeing that it was a sucess at Disneyland, it would be PERFECT at the MK. Perhaps they could bring Soundsational to MK if Soundsational proves to be so popular at Disneyland. Now, something tells me that Disney's going to replace Wishes with a new fireworks show soon...

3. Avatar Land WILL make DAK a full-day park and feature a nighttime spectacular.
Woo-hoo! Finally! DAK's going full-time!

7. River Country/Ft. Wilderness DVC has been cancelled.
PERFECT! Now, only if they could register River Country on the list of historic places in Florida....

8. Major changes coming to DHS sooner rather than later. Details are fuzzy but some old blueprints have risen from the ash heap of WDI.
Good. I was expecting this.

WDW1974

I won't say anything regarding Avatar until Disney is capable of showing one simple piece of artwork or giving a definitive date on when something will be opening.

I have heard (but not confirmed, hence, no posting) that there are some 'substantial' issues involving the infrastructure and environment as far as the DVC at FW and that has at least delayed the project. But again, I put that as simple rumor at this point (although the source does work in a position to ostensibly know).

No idea on things like SotMK and very little interest as well.

I haven't heard one thing about anything at the Studios of substance (you holding out, No.2?) coming and don't see it happening. It has all the 'newest' attractions anyway. My guess is someone wants their project pushed forward and is generating the chatter.

And as for DD there are constant plans that seem to change by the week, but nothing of substance ever gets done in the end. See no reason why this would suddenly change.

Jim Handy

I won't say anything regarding Avatar until Disney is capable of showing one simple piece of artwork or giving a definitive date on when something will be opening.

I have heard (but not confirmed, hence, no posting) that there are some 'substantial' issues involving the infrastructure and environment as far as the DVC at FW and that has at least delayed the project. But again, I put that as simple rumor at this point (although the source does work in a position to ostensibly know).

No idea on things like SotMK and very little interest as well.

I haven't heard one thing about anything at the Studios of substance (you holding out, No.2?) coming and don't see it happening. It has all the 'newest' attractions anyway. My guess is someone wants their project pushed forward and is generating the chatter.

And as for DD there are constant plans that seem to change by the week, but nothing of substance ever gets done in the end. See no reason why this would suddenly change.
Allow me to let my fanboy out....

I'm a pretty big Fort Wilderness fan. I will be on cloud 9 if that project doesn't happen. My beloved Fort is perfectly fine as is. I wonder what those environmental factors are....

Tim_4

Original Poster
I can confirm a few of these rumors....I just won't tell you which ones. :p

Thanks for the confirmation, Raven. I know they're all true (at least as of now) but it's hard for anyone to believe a post around here unless it comes from you or Lee. Hopefully when all of these pan out, I'll start to have a decent track record. I don't have the opportunity to post a ton but when I do it'll be legitimate.

@ttroyer210, not Lucasland, sorry. There are TALKS (no green lights) of removing the hat, adding at the backlot, and expanding Pixar ;-).

Fort Wilderness was not delayed due to environmental issues. Fort Wilderness DVC and Grand Floridian DVC were both "in line" and Grand Floridian jumped the line. It's unclear if Fort Wilderness is done completely or if it's just been put behind the Grand.

Taylor

Thanks for the confirmation, Raven. I know they're all true (at least as of now) but it's hard for anyone to believe a post around here unless it comes from you or Lee. Hopefully when all of these pan out, I'll start to have a decent track record. I don't have the opportunity to post a ton but when I do it'll be legitimate.

@ttroyer210, not Lucasland, sorry. There are TALKS (no green lights) of removing the hat, adding at the backlot, and expanding Pixar ;-).

Fort Wilderness was not delayed due to environmental issues. Fort Wilderness DVC and Grand Floridian DVC were both "in line" and Grand Floridian jumped the line. It's unclear if Fort Wilderness is done completely or if it's just been put behind the Grand.
Thanks that all sounds great if done and marketed well. If it happens but I'm an optimistic person

Tim_4

Original Poster
Somebody asked about the Beast articulated character... I should have been clearer. He's the next one they're going to be DEVELOPING, not necessarily to be released. As you can imagine, Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Goofy are fairly similar in this regard but Beast is an entirely different animal.

Ba dum tch.

WDW1974

Yes, Tim. You are so right. That's why I'm glad that I get ALL my info from Lee ... and did I mention that he has an incredible singing voice. You have not lived until you've heard his version of 'Whole New World'!:)

He nearly had me in tears last week ...

GF has always been ahead of FW because it was easier to build there and it will command the highest price per point yet of a WDW DVC resort. But I do hope that it was canned completely. It WILL destroy about the last remnant of the original WDW if built. Oh, and I stated that the environmental issues were told to me as a rumor, not confirmed. But thanks for setting the record straight ... if in fact you did!

threeyoda

Forgive me, but I'm not "up on it" when it comes to tracking every little rumor so forgive me if these have already been settled in the "community."

1. When the Grand Floridan Spa reopens, the spa at Saratoga Springs will be closing for a similar refurb.

2. The "glow ears" from World of Color will be incorporated into MK's nighttime entertainment.
That's great news! They looked so cool in Disneyland, I can't wait for them to make their Walt Disney World debut.

3. Avatar Land WILL make DAK a full-day park and feature a nighttime spectacular.
Also great news! Animal Kingdom could really feature some great nighttime entertainment and I've always thought the park looked wonderful at night. It's too bad that it closes before dark most of the year. It's nice that Avatar will keep the park open later.

4. Avatar Land will feature a "flex" restaurant similar to "Be Our Guest" that is quick-service by day, table service by night.
Animal Kingdom could use another table service thinking about what's there off the top of my head, so this is welcome news.

5. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom will be "locked" on easy mode until September at the earliest. This is due to overcrowding of the portals, not technical issues.
Makes sense, and it'll be cool to try it on the harder modes.

6. The next "articulated character" to be developed is Beast. The "core" characters have articulated heads at Dream Along With Mickey and other stage shows. Baloo and King Louie also have articulated heads on the cruise ships.
I think the articulated heads look amazing! I saw the Timon one at Festival of Lion King, and it was really cool. Where will the Beast be used though? In Be Our Guest or the new Storytime with Belle? Or is it going in the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios?

7. River Country/Ft. Wilderness DVC has been cancelled.
Great news! I like how RIver Country is now, hidden from the public as an "Oasis" of the original Disney World, similar to Discovery Island. Even if it'd be nicer to fix up and open, maybe as Fort WIlderness' pool complex!

8. Major changes coming to DHS sooner rather than later. Details are fuzzy but some old blueprints have risen from the ash heap of WDI.
More great news! I like the idea of expanding Pixar Place! And if you could answer this: If the hat is in fact taken out, would they move it to another location, say, outside the gates? Or would it be completely taken out as the icon of the park and the Earful Tower would return as the icon?

9. Decisions HAVE been made regarding Downtown Disney. I don't know what those decisions are, but I'm told an announcement won't be far off.
That's good. I wonder if the nightclubs will return after they saw how bad that decision was? I guess we'll see soon if the announcement is close as you say.

My responses are in bold. I hope all this is true and comes to fruition! They all sound like great ideas that could really help Disney World. Especially the news about Avatar, DHS, and Downtown Disney!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My responses are in italics. I hope all this is true and comes to fruition! They all sound like great ideas that could really help Disney World. Especially the news about Avatar, DHS, and Downtown Disney!
Pssst... Quotes automatically switch to italics...

Bold or a different colour works better. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom