rumor and timeline tracker universal edition

TwilightZone

Original Poster
The Minions ride is always packed I think another Minions ride (a better one) would be a good idea.

Present Minions ride would be closing or just have two Minions rides?
Yeah I'm curious about this news too. If this second minion ride is better, I want it in California ASAP.

TTA94

What about future entertainment? There was at one point a rumor of a nighttime show for IOA, and lately it seems Universal has had a interest in parades. They debuted their day parade not to long ago, new Holiday parade and Mardi Gras parade. What about the possibility of a nighttime light parade? Universal Studios Japan is working on their second nighttime parade.

http://www.usj.co.jp/e/universal-night-parade/

TwilightZone

Original Poster
What about future entertainment? There was at one point a rumor of a nighttime show for IOA, and lately it seems Universal has had a interest in parades. They debuted their day parade not to long ago, new Holiday parade and Mardi Gras parade. What about the possibility of a nighttime light parade? Universal Studios Japan is working on their second nighttime parade.

http://www.usj.co.jp/e/universal-night-parade/
I haven't heard of any rumors about entertainment so far, but if there are any that pop up I will post them as soon as I find out about them.

macefamily

What was in the Shrek 4D building before it arrived ? Didn't it have something to do with Alfred Hitchcock ? Our family visited the parks at least 5 times and we never rode it. Kind of bummed about that. It's kind of depressing to see some of these venues go away after you get used to them. I have told my family that the one time I got to ride Ghostbusters was incredible. I was in FL with friends; it was long before I got married and had kids. To this day, I thought Ghostbusters should have been there instead of Twister.
Even though it's still there, but soon to go, I remember back in the day when my daughter was a Barney junkie and that would be the first ride we'd head for. My daughter is now 22, and we went to see the Barney show last year, just because.
My family got to ride Back to the Future twice before it was converted. My wife gets motion sickness so she doesn't like Simpsons either.
Jaws was a classic which we enjoyed for a few years, but they HAD to make way for Harry Potter.

trr1

new rumor found here
I wonder if this is true
Instead of shoehorning Nintendo into Universal Studios Florida’s KidZone it now looks like the company has opted to have the juggernaut of brands to anchor its third theme park (or fourth if you count Volcano Bay). In recent weeks, we’ve heard new rumors of a large Dreamworks presence in the Magic Kingdom style park. Other brands rumored for the new park include Lord of the Rings and Jurassic World.

[QUOTE="macefamily, post: 8089956, member: 115726"
Jaws was a classic which we enjoyed for a few years, but they HAD to make way for Harry Potter.[/QUOTE]

They should never have got rid of Jaws. That sort of epic physical ride sort of stayed in your subconcious for many a time after you rode it.

Frankiepopsicles

I wonder what this could be for...
6C15DFF7-AC60-4D1B-97B4-3A2620BFB475.jpeg

Disneyhead'71

I saw it mentioned somewhere a Shrek boat ride is planned for UO but I cannot remember where I saw it!
@Disneyhead'71 @marni1971 any truth to this?
I have heard of a Shrek's Swamp boat ride concept. Possibly for the 3rd gate.

I should add that I have heard that they are working up mini-lands for a lot of the DreamWorks IPs including Shrek, Panda, Madagascar, The Croods, and HTTYD. And sort of moving them around a map of the resort like chess pieces. One is here one day, and the next day it's moved over there.

I heard there was "The Battle For The Lost Continent" between The Isle of Berk and Hyrule. I hear Hyrule won that one.

Last edited:

Frankiepopsicles

I have heard of a Shrek's Swamp boat ride concept. Possibly for the 3rd gate.

I should add that I have heard that they are working up mini-lands for a lot of the DreamWorks IPs including Shrek, Panda, Madagascar, The Croods, and HTTYD. And sort of moving them around a map of the resort like chess pieces. One is here one day, and the next day it's moved over there.

I heard there was "The Battle For The Lost Continent" between The Isle of Berk and Hyrule. I hear Hyrule won that one.

WOW I’m excited now,Thank you for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom