rumor and timeline tracker universal edition

sedati

Hearing the rumor of Zelda taking over Lost Continent is a bit underwhelming. There's not much land there- seems better to just let both Potter and Seuss eat it up with expansions. Toon Lagoon would be more acceptable for a re-dress, but I'm hoping for an entirely new and ambitious land in the new park.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Hearing the rumor of Zelda taking over Lost Continent is a bit underwhelming. There's not much land there- seems better to just let both Potter and Seuss eat it up with expansions. Toon Lagoon would be more acceptable for a re-dress, but I'm hoping for an entirely new and ambitious land in the new park.
Yeah, but I can't think of many ride opportunities for Zelda. But maybe that's because I was never too keen on zelda
*ducks away*

sedati

Yeah, but I can't think of many ride opportunities for Zelda. But maybe that's because I was never too keen on zelda
*ducks away*
Pirates Of The Flooded Hyrule:
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 7.21.52 PM.png

Rickety Coaster:
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 7.32.15 PM.png

Spirit Tracks Grand Circle Tour:
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 7.24.55 PM.png

Soarin'
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 7.25.51 PM.png

Flight of Passage:
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 7.30.42 PM.png

Epona's Field Ranger Spin:
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 8.00.17 PM.png

Sheikah Master Cycle Run (art by WLOP)
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 8.22.22 PM.png

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Original Poster

TwilightZone

Original Poster
The third park will not open in 2021 ( )( )
The south expansion of Universal Orlando just got the green light, there's enough room for 2 theme parks, a water park, a shopping district, and some hotels. ( ) ☄
The south expansion may get a custom transportation route between the expansion and the other parks. ( )
This custom route will not be gondolas. Apparently, the people at Universal laughed at the idea. Though, the transportation type will be very interesting. ( )
Universal isn't wasting any time for the expansion to get going. ( ) ☄

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Remember the concept art of the new potter coaster? Well apparently that was not supposed to be uploaded. At all. Or at least not as early as it did. ( ) ✕

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Remember the concept art of the new potter coaster? Well apparently that was not supposed to be uploaded. At all. Or at least not as early as it did. ( )
That's coming from other bloggers who were given the press release/concept art with a specific date/time to post it. Pottermore posted it 24 hours earlier than when the bloggers were told too. But seeing as Pottermore is JK Rowling's site, it is more likely they were given an earlier release date/time to drive traffic too her site.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
That's coming from other bloggers who were given the press release/concept art with a specific date/time to post it. Pottermore posted it 24 hours earlier than when the bloggers were told too. But seeing as Pottermore is JK Rowling's site, it is more likely they were given an earlier release date/time to drive traffic too her site.
That makes a whole lot of sense.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Big news day today! Which means categories:

Expansions

New paperwork has been filed for the third gate including roads and possible parking structures. ( )
Initial inspections have been approved for VB modifications phase 4/ phase 4 element 6. VB most likely standing for Volcano Bay. ( )

Dino Coaster
More Jurassic Park Coaster news. The ride will be raptor themed. The ride has been flipped flopped quite a bit from being jurrasic park based and jurrasic world based due to the people at universal wanting to initially stick to the book theme of Islands of Adventures. It was decided to make the ride jurrasic world themed due to the book theming already being broken by kong and blue the raptor and the money fallen kingdom got during box office. There is one big element to the ride no one has mentioned yet, but for now it's a secret.
( )

5 New Patents
Universal has filed 5 new patents. These are:
  • A restraint that lights up when locked in place
  • 360 degree simulator ride (think circlevision, but as a simulator)
  • Soarin' like simulator, but it's like an actual hang glider
  • Hamster wheel VR ride (Jurassic world?)
  • A ride somewhat like flight of passage, except guests are facing down instead of up
( )

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom