RUMOR!-Agent P's World Showcase Adventure being replaced.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Funny thing is Perry and Phineas & Ferb currently have a sort of comeback on TV going on with Milo Murphy's Law, made by the same people and takes place in the same universe as F&P. Since the second season Doofenshmirtz has become a main member of the Milo cast, and Perry does show up from time to time.
Didn't know this. I think my son has outgrown P&F though. We use to watch this a lot.

WDW Guru

Funny thing is Perry and Phineas & Ferb currently have a sort of comeback on TV going on with Milo Murphy's Law, made by the same people and takes place in the same universe as F&P. Since the second season Doofenshmirtz has become a main member of the Milo cast, and Perry does show up from time to time.

Don't forget they announced a Phineas and Ferb movie to be a Disney+ exclusive.

Kman101

Yeah, but you have to refresh offerings (and while I have no doubt P&F remain very popular, I'm guessing the game itself isn't as popular as it was in it's peak). I'm good with Ducktales hopefully coming. P&F fits though. I'm fine with either ...

Is this still an option and going anywhere?

Piebald

Though the use of a current IP which involves adventurous characters, used in a series of adventures around World Showcase at least seems like one of Disney's better IP-shoehorning attempts, I'd be heartbroken if Agent P leaves.

Phineas and Ferb and the battle between Agent P and Doofenshmirtz totally works for World Showcase. They came up with a good story, and integrated the challenges in each country very well. I understand Ducktales is current, and P&F has been off the air for a few years, but from what I've watched in the new Ducktales, it doesn't hold a candle to P&F in terms of writing, humor, and originality. Also, just because something is off the air, doesn't mean it's not classic (cough Twilight Zone cough). It's clear Disney views TV show IP's impact and longevity differently than movies.

I grew up with the original Ducktales which I loved and maybe that's why I'm not too into the new one (insert "old man yells at cloud" pic). Same goes with TMNT. But I was a parent during P&F's run on TV and was as into it as my child due to the jokes they'd insert for adults, or Doof's one-liners that completely catch you off guard. It was so well done and I don't get that feeling about the new Ducktales. It could work in WS... but it also may be off the air in 2 years and we're talking about what new IP will be replacing Ducktales.
I doubt Disney is capitalizing on foreigners, and I'm not sure how the show itself does abroad but Ducktales the characters are wildly beloved and well known in South America, Europe and Asia. Scrooge and the rest of the ducks are still comic strips in newspapers and have their own comic book series. They are arguably more famous than Mickey in some countries. I'm not trying to be pedantic but it's not like they're just plugging in some lame IP to replace something you like more.

Kman101

I doubt Disney is capitalizing on foreigners, and I'm not sure how the show itself does abroad but Ducktales the characters are wildly beloved and well known in South America, Europe and Asia. Scrooge and the rest of the ducks are still comic strips in newspapers and have their own comic book series. They are arguably more famous than Mickey in some countries. I'm not trying to be pedantic but it's not like they're just plugging in some lame IP to replace something you like more.

Yep, the appeal is real with the Ducks elsewhere. This is a smart use of "IP".

Maybe Phineas and Ferb can host a dance party at the Studios ;)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Agent P was made in the early days of mobile tech and it shows. Whether they keep it or get rid of it, it needs to be thoroughly updated and reanimated. Preferably with about half as much time just watching videos in the hot sun. I love Phineas and Ferb, but I don't want to be standing around watching an entire episode in each country.

Shorter video segments, updated to be up to modern mobile video standards.

I think DuckTales is a smart update and if you're spending the money on new animation, might as well update to a modern modern and more timeless IP.

doctornick

So, Agent P closed earlier in the year, right? Anyone know what the timetable is for Ducktales to open? Whether an original non-COVID19 timeframe or a newer post-virus closure one?

No Name

I love Phineas and Ferb and so decided to do the Agent P thing. They handed us flip phones. Flip phones! With the little tiny screen! We handed them right back.

Although I like Phineas and Ferb much better, the DuckTales version of this thing will be an immediate improvement assuming no flip phones are involved.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I love Phineas and Ferb and so decided to do the Agent P thing. They handed us flip phones. Flip phones! With the little tiny screen! We handed them right back.

Although I like Phineas and Ferb much better, the DuckTales version of this thing will be an immediate improvement assuming no flip phones are involved.

How long ago was that?

Last year we were able to do the Agent P thing with our smartphones through Disney Play app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom